Ranked 10th after Round 18... help me not panic trade

Started by ossie85, June 29, 2015, 12:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmyparso

Quote from: LF on June 29, 2015, 06:37:44 PM
Get Steven in somehow,he is the top ranked mid atm and is still not in many teams 9% only which amazes me tbh.

wow  :o and he's captain material too. Low score of 92 for year Stevens should be given serious consideration

pommyadam

Quote from: Torpedo10 on June 29, 2015, 07:24:46 PM
Looking good other than maybe Brodie Smith, he could definitely be on the chopping block once your Mids are solid.

I'd be tempted to park Smith/Oxley at D7 and then upgrade Hamling/TheOther into premos

ossie85

Ok, held off on trading last night, will do tonight instead... so missed out on Kennedy (damn)...

But I've loopholed Hannebery so I'm on 516 after 3 players (captained played)..... can't complain about that...

Purple 77

Grazz

Quote from: ossie85 on July 03, 2015, 06:02:43 AM

Ok, held off on trading last night, will do tonight instead... so missed out on Kennedy (damn)...

But I've loopholed Hannebery so I'm on 516 after 3 players (captained played)..... can't complain about that...

Nice work mate.

pommyadam

I wonder if we've seen a panic trade after the best18 strat today (and 4 premos out)

ossie85

Quote from: pommyadam on July 03, 2015, 08:06:01 PM
I wonder if we've seen a panic trade after the best18 strat today (and 4 premos out)

yep that changed my strategy, got rid of Dale and Sloane for Armitage and Steele, Cripps survives

ossie85

New team:

D: H Shaw, S Higgins, J Newnes, A Oxley, K Simpson, B Smith <J Hamling, A Pearce>
M: D Armitage, N Fyfe, S Pendlebury, D Hannebery, P Dangerfield, D Mundy, L Parker, J Selwood <P Cripps, A Boston, J Glenn>
R: T Goldstein, N Naitanui <S McKernan>
F: D Swan, B Goddard, D Martin, R Gray, M Bontempelli, B Deledio <J Steele, M Cox>

Ok. My two nebies last week Armitage (awesome) and Steele (great for rookie) did very well.

Moved me up to 8th... (panic setting in)

10 trades left, with some cash in the bank.

My issues:
- B Smith
- A Oxley
- J Selwood
- M Bontempelli

I'm thinking of downgrading Cripps to Caleb Daniel (and switching Steele into the midfield) and upgrading either Oxley or Smith to Hodge - which would leave me some cash to perhaps upgrade Selwood or Bontempelli or Oxley/Smith in the future.

Thoughts?

Who do you guys think I should get rid of - Oxley or Smith?

With a 20 day break, is it possible Selwood could start scoring like his old self? I'm thinking it would be good to get either Steven or Ablett in eventually.

Oh, and SCREW YOU GODDARD. You are damn lucky your score didn't count this week.

pommyadam

I'd give Selwood another week
We're all familiar with his '2nd half' performances, so it's worth seeing if that will happen this year - he's affecting games, but drifts in and out

I think Oxley's coming toward the end of his useful life (particularly with the likes of Maynard breaking through, and Scharenberg not too far off either) - so would be leaning toward premo'ing him over Smith (Enright Picken Hodge Hibberd all good options)

I'd also be tempted to down Bontempelli (play McKernan as F6) with generating some cash for the upgrade next week (of Selwood->Gaj/Rocky/Steven or Cripps/Boston->Premo Fwd [via Steele DPP])

Capper

I was going to ask why Goddard was an issue.

I like the idea of Cripps out moving Steel and getting a prem fwd. Gives you the DPP freedom

ossie85

Still 8th... luckily after Captain Armitage spudded up last week.

I thought about upgraded Oxley or Smith to Hodge... and I'll probably regret it...

but in the end have gone with Selwood to Ablett

Team for this week:

D: H Shaw, J Newnes, S Higgins, K Simpson, A Oxley, B Smith <B Maynard, A Pearce>
M: S Pendlebury (vc), D Armitage, D Hannebery, N Fyfe, D Mundy, L Parker, P Dangerfield, G Ablett (c) <P Cripps (e), J Steele, J Glenn>
R: T Goldstein, N Naitanui <M Cox>
F: D Swan, D Martin, B Goddard, R Gray, M Bontempelli, B Deledio <S McKernan, C Daniel>

7 trades left and $125,800 in the kitty. I know Hodge is going to sky rocket in price this week :( But next week will look to upgrade either Smith or Oxley (I'm hoping the decision is made for me!... as long as it doesn't cost me points)

korza

"but in the end have gone with Selwood to Ablett"

Genius  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

Nice 111111111111111111

ossie85

Quote from: korza on July 20, 2015, 03:24:09 PM

Nice 111111111111111111

yeah feeling happy about that one thanks korza!

Up to 7th now :/

Torpedo10

Quote from: ossie85 on July 20, 2015, 04:50:22 PM
Quote from: korza on July 20, 2015, 03:24:09 PM

Nice 111111111111111111

yeah feeling happy about that one thanks korza!

Up to 7th now :/
Probably time to rid yourself of Brodie S. he's been a liability for a while now.

ossie85

Yeah will turn him into Hodge this week unless something happens