2015 Champions League Discussion

Started by Levi434, June 26, 2015, 12:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

So there's a Fyfe vs Fyfe, a Pendles vs Pendles and I just noticed that I'm playing in a Hanners vs Hanners matchup! Any other big names doubling up this week?

Holz

Quote from: Memphistopheles on July 15, 2015, 04:06:53 PM
There's a different amount of teams in each competition which makes this pretty hard.

Euros have 14 teams. British and Asians have 16 teams. Worlds have 18 teams.

Just by the amount of good player to go around the Euros comp should be stronger than the others.

I think if we're going to take the Champions League seriously/do it properly in the future all the leagues should have the same amount of teams in.

Only then can you work out a proper multiplier.

Which probably means increasing the Euros league by four teams and introducing two new ones in our British and Asian conferences. Also no offence Holz but a more active admin in the British league could really give it a boost as well.

fair call on the admin thing. But we are staying at 14. Its one of the reasons why our comp is very competitive and the rookie draft in the euro is actually really strong. So drafting is more fun each year.

Zip is screwed though, nobody is touching Dublin this week.

PowerBug

B: Higgins 87, Jacobs 59, T Mckenzie 44, Laird 104
M: Ward 152, Gaff (VC) 100, Caddy 81, Johnson 80
R: Hickey Bastinac 46
F: Ziebell 61, Lynch (GC) 111, Christensen 63, Kelly 70
U: Mundy 99, Cunnington 82

=1,239/15 + C

I believe I have it correct in saying Kelly is Josh Kelly, Johnson is Steve Johnson and Jacobs is Ben Jacobs?

Meanwhile Eskimos are 916/10 with Hanners (C), Picken (VC), Gaff, Greenwood, Jetta to go.

So by my cals if my opposition here get to 1350 (best case) after scaling I need about 800 points from those 5 players :-\

meow meow

Last weeks opponent: Hanley captain
This weeks opponent: GAJ captain
Next weeks opponent: Goldy captain

Good things come in threes. How's your ACL feeling, Todd?

Ziplock

Quote from: PowerBug on July 25, 2015, 11:35:20 PM
B: Higgins 87, Jacobs 59, T Mckenzie 44, Laird 104
M: Ward 152, Gaff (VC), Caddy 81, Johnson 80
R: Hickey
F: Ziebell 61, Lynch (GC) 111, Christensen 63, Kelly 70
U: Mundy 99, Cunnington 82

=1,093/13 + C

I believe I have it correct in saying Kelly is Josh Kelly, Johnson is Steve Johnson and Jacobs is Ben Jacobs?

Meanwhile Eskimos are 916/10 with Hanners (C), Picken (VC), Gaff, Greenwood, Jetta to go.

So by my cals if my opposition here get to 1350 (best case) after scaling I need about 800 points from those 5 players :-\

yep.

wish I'd seen you do this before I added it up for euros :P

Hickey's out though, so basti comes in the ruck on half points.

My Nicholls/ Hickey/ Giles ruck has been really ineffective these last couple of seasons.

PowerBug

Ok so maybe you'll finish closer to 1300 then. Still a big ask for me. Need a Hanners 150

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on July 25, 2015, 11:44:44 PM
Last weeks opponent: Hanley captain
This weeks opponent: GAJ captain
Next weeks opponent: Goldy captain

Good things come in threes. How's your ACL feeling, Todd?

surely your not wishing a injury on a person.

Dublin and Goldy will be fine

AaronKirk

I completely forgot about champions league.... I guess working on average 13-14 hours a day during the week at the moment is getting to me

Ziplock

Quote from: AaronKirk on July 26, 2015, 01:20:07 AM
I completely forgot about champions league.... I guess working on average 13-14 hours a day during the week at the moment is getting to me

haha, I misread that as 13-14 hours a week, and was like, dude. :P

PowerBug

Svalbard Valkyries: 1,255.8504
Kathmandu Eskimos: 1,356.2759

So assuming Dublin beat Nottingham (Which the cocky manager claimed he had before the week) the Eskimos are through to the knockout stages :D

Holz

Quote from: PowerBug on July 26, 2015, 10:21:23 PM
Svalbard Valkyries: 1,255.8504
Kathmandu Eskimos: 1,356.2759

So assuming Dublin beat Nottingham (Which the cocky manager claimed he had before the week) the Eskimos are through to the knockout stages :D

I don't know the score but I knew the result when the fixture was announced.

Dublin Destroyed Nottingham

Ricochet

KL are stuffed now. Libba already gone, but GaJ, Stevens and most likely Beams gone as well hurts

Levi434

Teams Remaining:

WXV:
Berlin Brewers
Christchurch Saints
Dublin Destroyers
Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers

EXV:

BXV:
Bradford Badgers

AXV:
Bangladesh Bears
Kathmandu Eskimos
United Arab Emirates Tigers

No teams left from EXV and 4 from WXV! Does this surprise anyone? Certainly surprises me. What does this say about the various XV comps? I expected that EXV, being the smallest league would have the most people getting through. Maybe they didn't due to their comp being too even?

Purple and BB would be happy with their teams making it this far and Ringo as well as all of BXV are now firmly behind Bradford.

Purple 77

I don't think its a measure of evenness... just a measure of being the best  ;)

No surprises here, had full confidence we'd dominant, probably with Dublin the favourite to take it out.  8)

Ringo

Could mean the factors are screwed a little.  But great effort with the comp Levi and would like to see it continue with some refinements,