Rule change idea (Non submission of team)

Started by PowerBug, June 21, 2015, 12:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Right now the first offence provides a warning and the 2nd offence provides a 100 point penalty. I feel as if this is too lenient on the 2nd offence, the warning is fair but I think the following would be better for the 2nd occurrence:

The previous weeks team is named, as is current, scores are calculated as that team is named and any HGA is awarded. However as punishment for not naming their team, they cannot get the 4 premiership points. Whatever they score gets added on to the %, so they might actually score more points, but they shouldn't be allowed to win the game.

I just look at this week for example, the Crabs didn't submit a team for the 2nd time, but if it wasn't a bye week I would've lost this match (If Hawkins and Motlop score heaps I still might despite the HGA and 100 point penalty), and I think it's ridiculous that someone that doesn't send in their team should be allowed to collect premiership points.

It's something to think about anyway, because I don't think anyone would like losing to a squad that doesn't name its team.

Nige

I'm fully supportive of this idea, nice one PB.

As usual though, it'll be put to vote in the offseason.

PowerBug

Quote from: Nige on June 21, 2015, 12:26:20 PM

Yeah I get that of course, it was just a thought I had when adding up Noz's score and thinking that there is no way that I should be allowed to lose seeing as it's twice he's forgotten to name a side.

Maybe I'm a harsh person idk, also depends on what the 3rd offence punishment is as well.

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on June 21, 2015, 07:08:23 PM
Quote from: Nige on June 21, 2015, 12:26:20 PM

Yeah I get that of course, it was just a thought I had when adding up Noz's score and thinking that there is no way that I should be allowed to lose seeing as it's twice he's forgotten to name a side.

Maybe I'm a harsh person idk, also depends on what the 3rd offence punishment is as well.
In the current system, 3rd offence is the deduction of premiership points, 4th offence is a potential sacking.