Main Menu

Mumford Gone

Started by Ziplock, June 16, 2015, 01:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2015-06-16/mumford-to-miss-season

:( There goes any final hopes... I doubt Lobb/ Phillips will be up to carrying the load.... I miss Giles :(

Capper

not only that, coniglio, davis and Patful also missing for weeks

http://www.afl.com.au/news/injury-news/injury-list

Stephen Coniglio   Shoulder   2-3 weeks
Phil Davis   Ankle   6-8 weeks
Tim Mohr   Knee   TBC
Shane Mumford   Ankle   Season
Joel Patfull   Lung/ribs   6-8 weeks

Jonathon Patton   Knee   TBC
Adam Tomlinson   Toe   weeks
Updated: Tuesday, June 16

Nige

Rusty00

Wow, that's a crushing blow!

Might result in a similar situation to the Gold Coast  last year when they fell off the map after Ablett was injured.

Ziplock

Quote from: Capper on June 16, 2015, 02:05:45 PM
not only that, coniglio, davis and Patful also missing for weeks

http://www.afl.com.au/news/injury-news/injury-list

Stephen Coniglio   Shoulder   2-3 weeks
Phil Davis   Ankle   6-8 weeks
Tim Mohr   Knee   TBC
Shane Mumford   Ankle   Season
Joel Patfull   Lung/ribs   6-8 weeks

Jonathon Patton   Knee   TBC
Adam Tomlinson   Toe   weeks
Updated: Tuesday, June 16

I didn't realise davis was out for so long :(

Davis, Mohr and Patful are our 3 best tall backs. It's going to get rough..... #anotherhighdraftpick

meow meow

McCarthy has played at CHB before and Jezza could dominate back there. Patton returning will see one of the others go into defence.

Capper

Quote from: meow meow on June 16, 2015, 04:26:30 PM
McCarthy has played at CHB before and Jezza could dominate back there. Patton returning will see one of the others go into defence.
Jezza needs to stay upfront. If he goes back then there is nothing to kick to in the fwds.

One good thing for the Giants is that their 2s are playing well

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2015-06-15/waiting-in-the-wings

QuoteYoung draftee Jack Steele is among a number of NEAFL players who could be elevated this week to cover a raft of injuries in the GIANTS’ senior side

Forward Rhys Palmer (33 touches) performed well for the second consecutive week while defenders Aidan Corr and Caleb Marchbank also impressed.
I hope Downie and Lamb get a game

Barra13

So who will be the go to ruck for the rest of the season? Need someone cheap for R3 in my DT.

Nige

Quote from: Barra13 on June 18, 2015, 11:53:07 AM
So who will be the go to ruck for the rest of the season? Need someone cheap for R3 in my DT.
It seems Phillips will get first crack. Personally, he reminds me of Shaun Hampson, can ruck not as good around the ground which is something we all know Mummy excels in.

Phillips will also have to take on Goldy this week if he gets the nod, so if he gets well beaten (likely), they've got Downie and Lobb waiting to get a call up. I'd rather them pick either or both of those two, but idk, it doesn't seem likely.

Pkbaldy

GoLions

Nige

Barra13

Quote from: Nige on June 18, 2015, 12:31:51 PM
Quote from: Barra13 on June 18, 2015, 11:53:07 AM
It seems Phillips will get first crack. Personally, he reminds me of Shaun Hampson, can ruck not as good around the ground which is something we all know Mummy excels in.

Phillips will also have to take on Goldy this week if he gets the nod, so if he gets well beaten (likely), they've got Downie and Lobb waiting to get a call up. I'd rather them pick either or both of those two, but idk, it doesn't seem likely.

Thanks heaps. I might just sit on Mumford this week and see what happens after the bye.

Nige

Have had Downie sitting at R3 in SC myself (cheapest of the three) hoping he would get the nod if this happened... still hope.

Holz

Quote from: Nige on June 18, 2015, 01:33:39 PM
Have had Downie sitting at R3 in SC myself (cheapest of the three) hoping he would get the nod if this happened... still hope.

same, would really love to have a r3 guy playing for the cash raise and cover.