Rule Change Proposal #2.2: Election Voting

Started by PowerBug, May 06, 2015, 11:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Click here for discussion on the FTP forums.
Quote from: FTP-ashario
This one has been percolating in my head for a couple of months.

At the moment, each manager gets one vote and can cast that vote for a candidate in any of the 18 countries. The idea below proposes more of a 'proportional' vote as follows.

- A manager can still nominate as a candidate for any nat position (ie same as now)
- Voters can only vote for candidates in the countries represented in the squad of their domestic team
- Each manager is allocated 12 votes. They get one vote for each of the top rated players in their respective squad (youth squad for an U19 election, senior squad otherwise).

For example
- a manager with an all UAE senior squad in a Senior Nat election can only case a vote for a UAE candidate. However, that vote is worth 12 votes.
- a manager with 6 UAE and 6 Irish players in the top 12 can cast a vote for a UAE and Irish candidate, with each vote worth 6 votes.
- a manager with 12 different nationalities represented in the top 12 can vote for 12 candidates, with each vote worth 1 vote.
This suggestion was eventually declined and the following suggestion is now being talked about:

Quote from: FTP-ashario
How about

- each team can nominate a 'supported country'. it defaults to the country your team plays its league matches in
- the game keeps track of how long you have supported a country
- you can change your supported country at any time. doing this resets the 'how long have i supported my supported country' counter to 0.
- when voting in an election, you can vote for any candidate in any country
- if you vote for a candidate in your supported country, you get one vote for every season that country has been your supported country, up to a ceiling (perhaps 5 votes)

Hellopplz

First idea a bit eh, 12 votes is a bit much when some people may buy their youths and not care what country they come from, whereas this would require them to aim for their target nation specifically if they want a say in the elections (outside of pulls).

I like that 2nd idea though! Gives you the option to vote anywhere if you want, but potentially get additional say in your supported country should you vote there. And will take time for it to rise, so it'll be good for the long standing supporter bases.

DazBurg

Quote from: Hellopplz on May 11, 2015, 11:53:58 PM
First idea a bit eh, 12 votes is a bit much when some people may buy their youths and not care what country they come from, whereas this would require them to aim for their target nation specifically if they want a say in the elections (outside of pulls).

I like that 2nd idea though! Gives you the option to vote anywhere if you want, but potentially get additional say in your supported country should you vote there. And will take time for it to rise, so it'll be good for the long standing supporter bases.
agree
it shouldn't be on your squad take me for example my senior squad i have 11 UAE
but a couple others i have bought along the way
(i know this would pretty much get max votes if iy was first option anyways)
but my point is if you want to buy a player shouldn't need to worry about what country they from

but UAE is clearly my team hell i been an assistant or manager since season 15 let alone the time i was supporting and doing youth pulls before hand

so i like the selected country option

PowerBug

The revised suggestion looks like it will be introduced which I think is a good move.

Torpedo10