Rule Change Proposal #1: League Points

Started by PowerBug, May 06, 2015, 11:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Click here to view discussion on the FTP forums
Quote from: FTP-ashario
Over the next fortnight I will be creating a few posts indicating some proposed changes to the game that have been discussed internally recently. I thought I'd start with some of the minor changes and work my way up.

I'm strongly considering introducing bonus points into the game's league competitions as follows:

- If a team bats second and chases down their opponent's score within 80% of the available overs, they will receive one bonus point.
- Alternatively, if a team bowls second and restricts their opponent to less than 80% of their score, they will receive one bonus point.

Opinion away.

I thought I should put the proposed changes in here so we can get some discussion of our own :)

Nige

Hellopplz

I don't mind the addition of extra points allowed for teams that can win by a big enough margin. Will make it vital to try and gain them to get the leg up in leagues. But I'd probably try to make it harder to obtain the bonus points (e.g. For bowling 2nd, restrict to like 70% of the score).

However when you consider some teams rest early in the season for Pav Cup, will make it tough to implement so teams who face them early don't get too much of an advantage (especially in the higher divisions who tend to do this).

JBs-Hawks

should be able to give your batsmen the order to 'chase bonus point'

PowerBug

This is another idea that I think should come in. But it would probably have to come with a Match Engine revamp.