Main Menu

Yaz cops 3 weeks @ tribunal

Started by FactHunt, April 21, 2015, 06:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FactHunt

I thought 4 would have been more appropriate, but meh

Capper

So did he get 3 for his good behaviour? I didnt think there was any leiniancy if they get sent straight to tribunnal

Mat0369

I think it was because it was between medium and high. He got one more week then he would have got for medium but it wasn't forceful enough to be graded high hence the tribunal verdict of 3 weeks

Capper

Its no longer high in the new system.

Its head/groin and everywhere else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFL_Tribunal#Match_Review_Panel

I have a head ache after reading it though. At least i could follow the old system

Mat0369

I mean high impact not high contact  :P

Intentional, between medium and high impact, head region.

This table probably sums it up a lot easier

http://www.sturtfc.com.au/sturtfc-news/changes-to-match-review-panel-for-2015

He would have got 3 down to 2 if it was medium impact and I think if it was high it is 5 down to 4 using the wikipedia chart which was too harsh. By sending it to the tribunal they can work out the grey area and give him the 3 for the inbetween high/medium range

Capper

Or did they send it to the tribunal so he couldnt get an early plea and reduce the charge??

Mat0369

They sent him because he threw a punch, the tribunal has to grade it regardless I think.

elephants

I thought 4 would have been right, but oh well. At least they seemed to have sorted themselves a bit out from previous years ridiculous suspensions.

Nige

I think 4 would have been right, still definitely deserves every bit of those three weeks.

The_Captain

i think the scum should of got a life ban.

elephants

Quote from: The_Captain on April 22, 2015, 01:06:48 PM
i think the scum should of got a life ban.

Haha really? It was a cheeky left jab, not a huuuuuuge swing. Just enough to draw some claret and knock Chappy down. Yarran's record was perfect before this too.

I think 4 would have been perfect but 3 is fine too.

Capper

I wouldnt call it a left jab, he had a decent enough swing at him.

Had he knocked him out cold then he could have got 8

Capper

Haha, whateley on 360 said you have to do a lot to get 4 weeks at the tribunal. Maybe grab a steel chair

Kellogscrunchynut

Was worth about 3-4 tribunal got it right.