Main Menu

Beginning of the end for the Champ

Started by SydneyRox, April 16, 2015, 11:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Quote from: Capper on June 29, 2015, 06:31:40 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on June 29, 2015, 04:23:30 PM
I hate Goodes as much as the next person, but I even have to say after seeing the footage there was nothing there, just  grasping at straws and freeze framing it and the right point. Hunt never even reacted to it.

As for Buddy and Tippett...reminds me of when Barry Hall got reinstated to play the grand final in 2005...absolute joke.
Then why say what you said in the deleted post??

Everyone is still scratching their head about barry hall and even Roo's brownlow

Not sure what I said in the deleted post, but I prob hadn't seen the actual video yet.  Hard not to assume something of someone considering their history.

My Chumps

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on June 30, 2015, 11:21:19 AM
Quote from: Capper on June 30, 2015, 10:24:29 AM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on June 30, 2015, 10:12:40 AM
there was intent and there was contact, has to be a no go zone :-X
there was no intent or contact, watch the footage
i have, he clearly pulled up on it at the end but he still made contact, needs to be a no go zone
Kidding me  :-X

No intent at all.

shaker

They are saying Goodes is thinking about bowing out because of the booing , I for one hope he does because this massive chip on his shoulders is not only affecting him but the game as a whole , the fact that this is being labeled racist makes me sick in the guts and how politically correctness has got out of control , bye bye Adam go and enjoy your life and stop thinking that the world is against you

Donnie Brasco

onya' Al, sorry I mean Shakes, ya gotya' wish!

quinny88

The AFL media and everyone in the AFL have made such a point of this being a racist issue for some reason. It is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard.
Goodes has officially tarnished his name which is a real shame because he's clearly one of the games greatest ever players but will now be remembered for this rubbish rather than his incredible career by a lot of people

Donnie Brasco

wake up, mate. do you honestly think that these idiots are still excessively booing him because of a free kick, staging, etc., years ago...

why isn't Lindsay Thomas ridiculously booed every week? because he isn't visible, he doesn't confront Australia and say things it doesn't want to hear... people are conditioned and expect Aboriginals to be invisible, stay hidden and keep quiet.

Ricochet

Quote from: Donnie Brasco on July 30, 2015, 10:26:48 AM
wake up, mate. do you honestly think that these idiots are still excessively booing him because of a free kick, staging, etc., years ago...

why isn't Lindsay Thomas ridiculously booed every week? because he isn't visible, he doesn't confront Australia and say things it doesn't want to hear... people are conditioned and expect Aboriginals to be invisible, stay hidden and keep quiet.
How many people have been kicked out for racist remarks?
How many people boo each week?
IF a majority of those booing were racist then there would also be plenty of racial abuse yelled.
Not all those would get reported, but plenty still would
so surely there would be a lot more people kicked out from games...

I hate that the booing is immediately tied to racism. It's not. Maybe for the small % of racists out there, they are a minority

BUT the booing has now become a form of bullying and is affecting a person mentally.

So for Goodes' mental health lets stop booing him, let the real racists stand out and lets get back to the footy.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Donnie Brasco on July 30, 2015, 10:26:48 AM

I've boo'd him ever since he flat out bullied a 14 yr old girl because she called him a gorilla (oh how racist of her!), and I will most likely continue to boo him (in the comfort of my home, I've never been too a Sydney game) for that reason. I boo Lindsay Thomas too, because he's a flog as well. Same with Brent Harvey (Not as much anymore) , Travis Cloke, Luke Hodge and Sam Mitchell. I'm not racist, I just hate snipers and over reacting dickheads.

Donnie Brasco

ha ha, flat out bullied, what a joke... at what age do you call out a racist? is 14 ok, but 13 not?

i don't blame her, what was her grandmother doing... reading her mother's comments today, what chance has she got?

it's embarrassing and laughable that Australians like you, still need it pointed out and explained to them, in the most simplest terms, when they are being racist, what is racist, etc.

hopefully you'll grow up one date, mate.

GCSkiwi

Quote from: Pkbaldy on July 30, 2015, 10:44:24 AM
I've boo'd him ever since he flat out bullied a 14 yr old girl because she called him a gorilla (oh how racist of her!), and I will most likely continue to boo him (in the comfort of my home, I've never been too a Sydney game) for that reason.

He fronted media and said the girl should be supported and not vilified when the world turned on her, how the heck can you make the statement that he bullied her? Just because he had her ejected when she made a racist comment? So she's racist, he stands up to it, and he's the bully because it turned out she was a young girl? That's a bizarre perspective to have on it.

"But she didn't know calling him an ape was racist". Ok. Maybe she didn't. THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT WASN'T RACIST, AND THAT DOESN'T SUDDENLY MAKE IT OK. I can't just go around calling everyone a cow, and then when someone is offended cop out and say I didn't realise how they would react to it and expect the world to be ok again.

Goodes wasn't taking a stand against a girl, he was taking a stand against racism. Which is exactly why he came out and said that the girl shouldn't be attacked, and that the problem was that she didn't even know how offensive she was being. And it boggles my mind that people can't get that. Ignorance is not an excuse for racism. The main problem being that racism is quite deeply steeped in ignorance. It's not about Goodes calling out some 13 year old girl. It's about the attitudes and behaviours that led to that happening, and how totally unacceptable they are. Totally unacceptable. That means there is no mitigating circumstance for age or gender or colour, anything.

Donnie Brasco

elephants

Probs gonna start booing Goodes because the barbie has clogged up my newsfeed this week.

shaker

If this booing is racist why do players like Cyril get applauded , because he is not a massive flog like Goodes he is just not a very likable player like others players before him they get booed , this has got way out of hand because Goodes the media and the AFL has thrown the word racism in there  :o

Pkbaldy

Quote from: shaker on July 30, 2015, 11:59:12 AM
If this booing is racist why do players like Cyril get applauded , because he is not a massive flog like Goodes he is just not a very likable player like others players before him they get booed , this has got way out of hand because Goodes the media and the AFL has thrown the word racism in there  :o

Donnie Brasco

Quote from: shaker on July 30, 2015, 11:59:12 AM

mate, how can you not get it? if Cyril was visible, confronting and stood up for his people, he wouldn't be liked... mind-boggling!

we like our Indigenous Australians to act the way we want them to, and if they don't, then look out... "oi, easy mate. know your place, son."