Ode to Supercoach

Started by Patrician, March 20, 2010, 06:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrician

This is my first year on Supercoach. From some scepticism at first, I’m quickly become addicted to it. I’ve never been a rabid fan, but Supercoach has certainly made me much more interested in the game. 

It has been a rollercoaster ride, culminating in sheer-trade exhaustion. My team has pretty much been in a constant state of flux. And the season is still just under a week from starting.  ;D I have:

• Balanced my team to the point of having $0.00 in the bank. Then changed it again. I have had $250k and had no idea where to spend it. I’ve been short $20k for a player I absolutely needed.
  • Added Ablett Jnr, then removed him. Then added him, then removed him. And I’m still unsure.
  • Hanging out badly for the NAB Challenge stats. But I’m also hoping there are few surprises and I have my team sorted.
  • Trawled the forums for titbits and tips, with little way of knowing how credible the posters are.
  • Had as many as 8 Tiger players in my squad and then as little as one. (Following their NAB cup thrashing). I have now settled on five.
  • Swapped my captaincy back and forth. My vice-captain remains unchanged from day one.
  • No doubt it’s the year of the Dog.
  • Annoyed the hell out of my league mates with discussion and analysis. There’s now only one other addict responding.
  • Accessed the Herald Sun AFL website so much it scares me. And I used to only read the Hun for the comics. And I’m sure that’s why Supercoach was started and it bugs me.
  • Big Bad Bustling in my side. I have also nearly worked out all the silly little nicknames for all the players, but don’t use them all the time.
  • Gone from being a casual watcher of the game to someone who pays attention, trying to see how well my players are doing. The limited coverage of the NAB Challenge has made this very frustrating.
  • Taken NicNat (another nickname) from day one. And yes, I’m a nuff nuff Monty. But of all my positions, Ruck is the most unchanged. 
  • Attempted to differentiate between Deledio and Mitchell, Swan and Del Santo, Franklin and Gray, Goddard and Gilbert. And I’m still not sure.
  • Not been tempted to take Chris Judd. Not once.
  • Great hopes for the Tigers. And grave fears.
  • Been caught twice changing my Supercoach team at work.
  • Finally gotten over my prejudice of non-Victorian teams and players. Mostly. On the whole. Perhaps. When I concentrate and think rationally. Maybe.
  • Had just about all the prominent rookies in my team, at one point or the other.
  • Read to trust NAB Cup and Challenge form. I have also read it’s dangerous to trust NAB Cup and Challenge form.
  • Only got faith in one of my forwards. The rest, I’m certain are going to fail me at some point for different reasons.
  • No idea how I’m going to cope with only 20 trades for the year after this pre-season of chaos.

Prospector_1

Sounds like its going to be a great year!

steven_ora

ive done all that except the 8 tigers players.

korza

I think i need a panadol after reading all that.

Great post !!!!

Bob the builder

I know it's hard Partrician, but you NEED to take this weekend off and gather your strength before the season proper..

I'ts a long season and you don't want to burn out too early 8)

Patrician

But I can't! The NAB Chellenge stats are coming out Sunday  :-[

Alex7089

Yeah he's right you need to take a couple of days break every now and then so that you can get that hunger back into your supercoaching, otherwise your flame will go out :(. I did a lot of that as well although this is my second supercoach year, I must say though, I never at any point had any more than 1 tiger in my team and Gary was the first guy I picked and hasn't moved since, I've been tempted though... I don't think it's that hard to resist Judd when he's out till round 4 either, great post though, must've taken you a while.

Master Q

Quote from: korza on March 20, 2010, 07:25:58 AM
I think i need a panadol after reading all that.

Great post !!!!
Nurofen, Zavance for quick relief! ;D

Blueboys

If I wanted a story I would have brought the book! lol

Justin Bieber

taking any pep pills to be that addicted? ;D

calm down for the weekend as the others said. i haven't been on the sc site since who knows....

Hi my name is Hellopplz and i'm a sc addict ;D

Alex7089

Hi, I'm Alex7089 I'm an SC addict. I haven't been on the site in over 1 hour/s, although I've been on the forum the whole time.

Leeway

I have done all og the above except for the 8 tigers players. Being season 4 I have one more to add to the list. I checked the Herald Sun website every possible day over summer to see if any Supercoach news about starting date etc., had been added.
"Hi, I'm Leeway and I'm a supercoach addict. It's been 5 minutes since my last fix."

Leeway

Ohh... I also went out and got an iphone specifically for the SC app.

brownmans muffins

nice original post; hang it out there!

Quote from: Patrician on March 20, 2010, 06:28:34 AM

• Added Ablett Jnr, then removed him. Then added him, then removed him. And I’m still unsure.
you need to have him

• Attempted to differentiate between Deledio and Mitchell, Swan and Del Santo, Franklin and Gray, Goddard and Gilbert. And I’m still not sure.
Mitchell Dal Santo Buddy Goddard

[/list]

Alex7089

Ok leeway the iphone thing is just sad, I have an Iphone but got it before the SC app, which just made it all the better.