Sydney Home and Away Discussion

Started by Mailman the 2nd, April 04, 2015, 10:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Quote from: Big  Mac on July 28, 2015, 05:58:30 PM
Whether it's racist or not, I think we can all agree that it's childish
This.

Grazz

There would be a few that are racist but by enlarge the majority of fans are not, I hope this is the case anyway.
Journo's trying to beat it up into a racism issue need to have a long hard look at themselves as it certainly doesn't help.
Theres an element of fans that don't like him because 1) they think he's a sook 2) think he's a bit dirty in how he plays 3) because he called out a 13 year old girl over the ape comment and then there is an element of the crowd that just follows the rest and has no idea why they are doing it they just do.

Unless you are black you can never truely understand what a black man or woman experiences in life and how it affects them, you can guess but you'll never really know, I repeat you will never KNOW. When you strip it all away Goodes is a decent indigenous man who has made something of himself and done a great deal for his indigenous people. There are many indigenous people that haven't and we are all aware of those just as we are aware of the white folk that are equally as bad but we don't paint all the white folk with the same brush and we should do the same with the indigenous population. Treat each other as individuals is the best approach.

It's ok not to like someone as long as your reasons are just and sound, not everyone likes everyone and that's ok. If you don't like him simply because he is black then im sorry you have some work to do on yourself but that's your business don't bring that to football.  Adams biggest mistake i feel is letting on that it affects him, we all have had someone have a dig at us and if we let on it's getting to us then those doing it will go harder at you it's a human nature thing that's why it's always best to laugh it off or suck it up in those situations otherwise you are always going to be fair game for those that will have a dig.

Unless you are indigenous you can't pretend to know what you would do or how you would react if you were in the same situation, you have to of lived all your life black to truely know.

Capper

Didnt watch the game over the weekend and wont as we got thumped.

Saw Goodes first goal and heard the crowd boo. Thought it was cause there was a push in the back.

If they booed all night, well what else do you expect from WC fans?

They might think by doing it they are trying to knock him off his game. But it isnt working. He isnt the superstar he was but he is still good enough.

elephants

Quote from: Capper on July 28, 2015, 06:12:35 PM

Terrible call. Where's your pot-shot at the other teams fans who have been booing Goodes for months?

Nige

Quote from: elephants on July 28, 2015, 06:18:01 PM

Terrible call. Where's your pot-shot at the other teams fans who have been booing Goodes for months?
They're non-Sydney fans.  :P

shaker

I'm amazed that goodes can play AFL at all with such a thin skin really the only thing he can justify being dirty about is Eddies massive flower up , a child called him an ape and there was an overreaction to that now he is getting booed and it's crisis again , harden up or leave the game what a sook

Grazz

This is true, just about every club has had a crack at booing him.
Im not sure why the AFL and media are singling out WC supporters to the point they are.
WC supporters are a passionate bunch and make it tough for appossing teams when they play there
after all isn't that what we'd all like for our supporters, to make it as uncomfortable as possible for them.

Ringo

Just a warning here keep the comments civil and do not attack members. We do not want to have to lock this thread. No issues as yet but some comments are getting close to the line.

jvalles69

This is getting beyond the joke.  I think the media should be careful too, because falsely accusing people of being racist is almost as bad as saying something racist.

elephants

Quote from: Grazz on July 28, 2015, 06:29:41 PM

This is true, just about every club has had a crack at booing him.
Im not sure why the AFL and media are singling out WC supporters to the point they are.
WC supporters are a passionate bunch and make it tough for appossing teams when they play there
after all isn't that what we'd all like for our supporters, to make it as uncomfortable as possible for them.

The AFLs thinking...

"A non-Victorian team boo'd him... ATTACK!"

The_Captain

The real joke is the people along with Goodes claiming that this is racist.... Goodes is a dirty barbie and had even done it numerous times this year like grabbing hunts nuts ! The guys is a flower head. There is nothing more too it'! Couldn't care if he is white black blue beige yellow brown Orange or blue... The guys a piece of shower and I'm embarrassed for our country for him to be named Australian of the year.

jvalles69

If Goodes came out and said, "look guys, the booing is affecting me mentally and I don't appreciate it any more", most sensible people would have some sympathy for him and probabaly hold back on the booing and he would actually gain a bit of that lost respect back, but when he keeps crying racism when its not it's just making life worse for him.  I was at the game on the weekend and the umpires copped more booing than Goodes did.  I didn't boo once even though I dislike Goodes a whole lot and I think it's stupid to boo someone everytime they touch the ball, but think it's understandable to boo someone when they take a cheap shot at somebody or do something dodgy.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 28, 2015, 06:46:00 PM
If Goodes came out and said, "look guys, the booing is affecting me mentally and I don't appreciate it any more", most sensible people would have some sympathy for him and probabaly hold back on the booing and he would actually gain a bit of that lost respect back, but when he keeps crying racism when its not it's just making life worse for him.  I was at the game on the weekend and the umpires copped more booing than Goodes did.  I didn't boo once even though I dislike Goodes a whole lot and I think it's stupid to boo someone everytime they touch the ball, but think it's understandable to boo someone when they take a cheap shot at somebody or do something dodgy.

spot the flower on my man!

Capper

Not having a pot shot at WC fans for booing Goodes. Having a pot shot at WC fans for booing. Thats all they do. Its hard to please WC fans even with all the top 5 draft picks they have had