Main Menu

Sydney Home and Away Discussion

Started by Mailman the 2nd, April 04, 2015, 10:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gigantor

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on May 14, 2015, 06:49:37 PM
flower off Longmire jesus christ

Towers better kick like 10 goals or something because otherwise he can piss off
Whats the plan for Towers? He doesn't seem tall enough for a 3rd forward. Big bodied flanker/wing??

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Gigantor on May 14, 2015, 07:21:37 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on May 14, 2015, 06:49:37 PM
flower off Longmire jesus christ

Towers better kick like 10 goals or something because otherwise he can piss off
Whats the plan for Towers? He doesn't seem tall enough for a 3rd forward. Big bodied flanker/wing??

nah he doesn't use his height or jumping ability at all in games (even though he broke some record in the draft or something).

He's 25 years old and he plays like he's 18. Messy skills and absolutely 0 accountability in the forward line, the amount of missed tackles/defensive is far greater than anyone else on our team bar maybe Adam Goodes who's 35 and playing his last year.

He doesn't play to his strengths at all which are supposed to be pace, jump and height somewhat similar to Blicavs except he does nothing the Blicavs does.

Mailman the 2nd

Rampe has signed on for 4 years which is good  8)

Still hoping for a day where Alex Johnson can come back and they'd make a great duo  :'(

elephants

Back to back tons for Benny McGlynn, very very tempted to grab him in my draft league if he can hold his spot and continue producing, likely?

Mailman the 2nd

Reckon McGlynn can keep an 80-95 average, his tackling has been elite so far which gets him so many points. Don't be surprised if he misses 2-4 games due to calf/ankle injuries though.

As for the Geelong game, 2nd half was good but the 1st was just littered with basic skill errors, in particular coming out of the back 50 and into the forward 50.

The back 6 has become a prominent problem imo. Too often we try to act like old geelong/hawthorn and do this showerty short kicks and handpasses out of defence where we just create self inflicted turnovers too often.

We don't have Kennelly/Shaw that can break lines anymore, the runners are all in the centre Horse seems to have scrapped the idea of Rohan being a permanent backman. No more Malceski to give proper direction with long kicking to contests with Tippett and McGlynn which is when we thrive at getting forward. I'm really keen for guys like Jones, Xavier and etc. to start breaking in because we really need a change of dynamic in the backline.

I'm glad we still have the temperament to pull away from Geelong late which tells me we're still a top 4 team but I'll be begrudgingly tipping Hawthorn this weekend which is something I didn't do last year. We just aren't playing top 2 football yet.

Capper

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on May 16, 2015, 07:09:11 PM
Rampe has signed on for 4 years which is good  8)

Still hoping for a day where Alex Johnson can come back and they'd make a great duo  :'(
Im not sure if he has had his next reco yet or not

Mailman the 2nd

Good to see the defence stepped up for once against a strong team. Hawks had double the clearances and 20 more I50s so really impressive to hold up well.

Loved Reid's, Goodes' games and Jetta's 2nd half.

Buddy, Pyke and Lloyd had shockers. Jake struggled with the pressure and Franklin will be fine but not sure about Pyke. Got absolutely blitzed by Ceglar who isn't even a great ruckman. Giving away a ton of frees too.

My Chumps

Bloody lucky to come away with that one, but I'm still pretty flowering pumped about winning. Tonight just reminded me how much I absolutely hate Hawthorn.

TMitch did a better job on SMitchell around the stoppages that last quarter after McGlynn was dominated in the 3rd Q. Still think things need to change if we're to beat them again. They were convincingly the better team through quarters 2+3.

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on May 23, 2015, 10:24:01 PM
Loved Reid's, Goodes' games
Absolutely picked out the two I was going to highlight.

Mailman the 2nd

Their midfield seems to work a lot better against ours than it does against many other top 8 teams which is a little annoying

Mailman the 2nd

Yeah looking back Reid's games against Freo and the Hawks were All Australian standard. They need to do everything they can to keep him in that position and mindset.

Next 2 weeks are against the 2 teams with the worst form in Carlton and GC, Rohan struggles with a 4 quarter effort so for now I think he'd be the best green vest player.

Only player I could see coming in is Bird, unless Horse has decided that his standard isn't high enough anymore

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: silloc on May 26, 2015, 12:42:50 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-26/goodes-doesnt-understand-why-he-is-being-booed-in-melbourne

Because he's a self righteous soft cock

What a piss poor comment silloc

Standing up against racism and having pride in your culture is not self-righteous, nor does it deserve to be booed.

People don't boo Lindsay Thomas that loudly, they don't boo Joel Selwood or Steve Johnson that loudly. People like that are the lowest common denominator and a absolute disgrace to AFL

My Chumps

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on May 26, 2015, 12:47:06 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-26/goodes-doesnt-understand-why-he-is-being-booed-in-melbourne

Standing up against racism and having pride in your culture is not self-righteous, nor does it deserve to be booed.

People don't boo Lindsay Thomas that loudly, they don't boo Joel Selwood or Steve Johnson that loudly. People like that are the lowest common denominator and a absolute disgrace to AFL
Well said

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: My Chumps on May 26, 2015, 08:33:15 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on May 26, 2015, 12:47:06 PM

Well said

Well a lot of the media wants it shut down so hopefully its a start

Capper

Is it always best to stay silent and make people think that you are a moron than to speak and confirm that you are