Main Menu

Sydney Home and Away Discussion

Started by Mailman the 2nd, April 04, 2015, 10:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mailman the 2nd

Might as well get this started  :)

Good news with Parker! No broken jaw only concussion

SydneyRox

Havent watched the whole thing yet, happy we got away with one by the sounds of it.

Kind of hoped that we would come out breathing fire not have to deal with another team hungrier than us!

Mailman the 2nd

The rain definitely didn't help along with our slow early season starts. GWS and North last year were both raining at home and we just couldn't implement any game plan whatsoever. I think Horse struggles with team building in the rain as well to be honest.

Umpires were pretty awful as well but that's standard for a ray chamberlain match.

Why did we play Towers again? 16 possessions with 2 tackles and 1 mark at 62% DE with 85% TOG just won't cut it as a non-sub player. Wasn't happy with Jetta's effort either, was similar to the GF.

Really impressed with Tippett's ruck work, Laidler's return effort and Heeney's debut. All 3 roles should definitely be persisted with next week.

Port away this early will be tricky, but if we did it last year there's no reason why we can't do it again

Gigantor

Who will make way for McGlynn and McVeigh? I know Towers is a different type but I would think he would be the first to go.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Gigantor on April 05, 2015, 11:02:17 AM
Who will make way for McGlynn and McVeigh? I know Towers is a different type but I would think he would be the first to go.

yeah interesting, I would have said laidler, but he seemed ok. Towers would be the obvious but think Heeney and Lloyd did more than enough to hold a spot.

Hopefully parker doesnt miss a game

LF

The DT Expert ‏@DT_Expert  15m15 minutes ago
Rock out for 6, parker no damage should be ok
0 retweets 2 favorites
Reply  Retweet  Favorite2
More

SydneyRox

Quote from: LF on April 05, 2015, 01:02:56 PM
The DT Expert ‏@DT_Expert  15m15 minutes ago
Rock out for 6, parker no damage should be ok
0 retweets 2 favorites
Reply  Retweet  Favorite2
More

Very happy to hear. Looked pretty bad on the replay

Mailman the 2nd

Concussion and cut lip. Still a possibility to miss a week I guess but hopefully he's 100%

Samm79

That is a relief on so many levels, was a late inclusion in my SC team and went from looking at 140 to using an early trade and a 98, which isn't bad...

Absolute jet, will be top 8 mid this year, AA and a sneaky Brownlow chance..

Capper

HAvemnt seen the game yet, DLing it now.

We havent played well in the rain for a while. It used to be our bread and butter

kilbluff1985

how did Tom Mitchell go in the reserves? assume wont come in with McVeigh and McGlynn coming in

SydneyRox

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 07, 2015, 12:58:52 PM
how did Tom Mitchell go in the reserves? assume wont come in with McVeigh and McGlynn coming in

1st game next week

yeah, he is in trouble. The guys he is fighting against like Heeney and lloyd played pretty well.

Capper

Titch didnt play in the Swans reserves practice match v Giants on the weekend

Ricochet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-07/docs-to-make-parker-call?utm_medium=RSS

SYDNEY Swans workhorse Luke Parker is expected to train with his teammates this week despite suffering a head knock in Saturday's thrilling AFL win over Essendon.

Parker was involved in a sickening collision with Lance Franklin in the opening minutes of the final quarter at ANZ Stadium and was immediately subbed out.

Swans coach John Longmire said on Tuesday the midfielder felt fine, but a decision on whether he plays Port Adelaide on Saturday lay ultimately with club doctors.

Capper

Will be interesting to see if he plays or not especially with the plane flight after a head knock. I know some clubs dont like players flying after a concussion