Main Menu

Blues 2016 H&A Discussion

Started by Vinny, April 01, 2015, 06:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Money Shot

Quote from: elephants on March 17, 2016, 02:35:48 PM
So Wright only scrapes into the 22 we think? What role can we see him playing? Small forward? Half forward? Any midfield rotations?
I see him being somewhat of a replacement for Bell. Medium sized forward that rotates through the midfield.

elephants

Quote from: Money Shot on March 17, 2016, 03:56:09 PM
So Wright only scrapes into the 22 we think? What role can we see him playing? Small forward? Half forward? Any midfield rotations?
I see him being somewhat of a replacement for Bell. Medium sized forward that rotates through the midfield.

Yeah thats nice, I've done a lot of reading on him as I'm looking at starting him in AF as somewhat of a POD. Most people have varied opinions on him but I suppose you wouldn't have picked him up if he was gonna play VFL.

He's also sitting in my Elite Draft leftovers pool and I'm tempted to slot him in as F6 to cover Daisy for round 1 and potentially longer term if he looks to be pushing 80!

Money Shot

Quote from: elephants on March 17, 2016, 04:15:15 PM

Yeah thats nice, I've done a lot of reading on him as I'm looking at starting him in AF as somewhat of a POD. Most people have varied opinions on him but I suppose you wouldn't have picked him up if he was gonna play VFL.

He's also sitting in my Elite Draft leftovers pool and I'm tempted to slot him in as F6 to cover Daisy for round 1 and potentially longer term if he looks to be pushing 80!
How much is he in AF? I personally will be stayin away but I am also considering him in a draft as well.

elephants

Quote from: Money Shot on March 17, 2016, 04:54:34 PM
Quote from: elephants on March 17, 2016, 04:15:15 PM

How much is he in AF? I personally will be stayin away but I am also considering him in a draft as well.

309k in DT but I'm looking long and hard if for some ridiculous reason M.Grigg isn't named for Adelaide rd1

Mat0369

He will be competing for a spot with Lamb as a small forward that can pressure and get small stints through the midfield.

Mat0369

So they have gone with Phillips over Gorringe. Not really surprised, it depends what they were after in the 2nd ruck but the 22 looks like I thought it would.

elephants

Matty Wright named on ball, rack up lad :P

RiOtChEsS

Brimming with pride from the effort last night 8)

elephants

Was impressed! Another massive test against the Swans this week though, hope the Blues can back it up!

Look like a different side when Gibbs and Murphy are both finding the pill at will. Very impressed with what Matthew Wright provided around goals too.

Mat0369

I still stand by I hope Daisy has to earn a spot through the twos. I wouldn't be dropping Lamb or Wright at his expense considering both played well.

elephants

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 30, 2016, 08:31:16 PM
I still stand by I hope Daisy has to earn a spot through the twos. I wouldn't be dropping Lamb or Wright at his expense considering both played well.

Thought Wright's third quarter was great (although a turnover at halfback that cost a goal was pretty gross). Lamb too competed, so on the back of this, where do we see Daisy playing? I assume half forward with stints on the wing? Or closer to goal?

fanTCfool

Hopefully the seconds this week, and then he'll probably push out Lamb based on our R1 performance

elephants

Surely you're not paying 700k for a player to play seconds when he's not coming off an injury :p

Diesels Pups

Quote from: elephants on March 31, 2016, 01:41:16 PM
Surely you're not paying 700k for a player to play seconds when he's not coming off an injury :p
Would prefer that but obviously not. :-X

Mat0369

Quote from: elephants on March 31, 2016, 02:34:08 AM
Thought Wright's third quarter was great (although a turnover at halfback that cost a goal was pretty gross). Lamb too competed, so on the back of this, where do we see Daisy playing? I assume half forward with stints on the wing? Or closer to goal?

He'll play on the wing.

Everitt played a lot on the wing so he goes back to the forward line and Daisy starts there. I am thinking Bucks is the out looking at our extended bench, he was the worst performer but I don't think it's worth dropping him.

Quote from: Diesels Pups on March 31, 2016, 10:11:59 PM
Would prefer that but obviously not. :-X

It might happen soon enough.....