Main Menu

Blues 2016 H&A Discussion

Started by Vinny, April 01, 2015, 06:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Cripps

Matty wright has signed with the blues! Good too see we are finally getting some depth on our list! People will have to start performing to keep there spots! Very happy :)

Mat0369

That's a good signing. Even if he isn't best 22 in a lot of teams he fits a need for us right now. He is a mature body that can act as a transitional player for the kids and helps with veteran leadership on the field.

If we can get Grimely (either PSD, rookie or delisted FA signing) and also get Holman back as a rookie, the offseason will be pretty close to a perfect result.

Money Shot

Jamison
Rowe
Weitering
Plowman

Do you guys think there is enough room for all of them in our backline? If so who do we drop? I personally think dropping Jamo would be best for the club but he is one of our leaders and doubt we would do that!

fanTCfool

Cripps' contract has been extended to 2019, which is fantastic news, shame it couldn't be longer.

truBLUE

I watched the blues v  hawks was very impressed with kerridge  could be a nice little pick  ;)

powersuperkents

Quote from: truBLUE on February 20, 2016, 05:50:27 PM
I watched the blues v  hawks was very impressed with kerridge  could be a nice little pick  ;)
Impressed with the whole team in general tbh

Very entertaining brand of football - it looks as if Bolton has had a significant impact at the club so far

Mat0369

With Daisy suspended round 1 I am thinking our 22 will look like this

Tuohy, Jamo, Weitering
Simmo, Rowe, Docherty
Curnow, Cripps, Boekhorst
Buckley, Levi, Everitt
Lamb, Gorringe, Walker
Kreuz, Gibbs, Murph
Kerridge, Graham, White, Wright

I hope they make him earn his spot through the reserves....

fanTCfool

Mat0369

Quote from: fanTCfool on March 15, 2016, 10:35:36 PM
Buckley off the HFF?

Yup. Word is he has been training there all pre-season. We need pace and pressure in the forward line, he provides both. He will rotate through the wing when Boekhorst/Curnow take a rest. Bolton had him basically playing that role in NAB 3 as well.

fanTCfool

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 15, 2016, 11:02:44 PM
Quote from: fanTCfool on March 15, 2016, 10:35:36 PM
Buckley off the HFF?

Yup. Word is he has been training there all pre-season. We need pace and pressure in the forward line, he provides both. He will rotate through the wing when Boekhorst/Curnow take a rest. Bolton had him basically playing that role in NAB 3 as well.

So he's playing a role that Charlie Curnow could fill when ready at AFL level?

Mat0369

Bucks is a lot smaller. I am expecting Curnow to fill the role Walker is playing when ready. Walker is the guy that causes matchup problems and has the running capacity of a midfielder. After losing Eddie and Jeffy with no suitable replacement it looks like Bucks is down there to play as a small forward and pinch hit on the wing.

fanTCfool

I think we will miss his run off half-back, shame we can't have two of him.
Very explosive rebound player.

Mat0369

The back 6 will be fine with Docherty, Simmo and Tuohy to rebound. It looks like they are going to try and keep the back 6 fairly in tact the way the Hawks do. Adding him for spurts on the wing will allow him to break lines in a different way.

elephants

So Wright only scrapes into the 22 we think? What role can we see him playing? Small forward? Half forward? Any midfield rotations?