Main Menu

2015 finals

Started by frenzy, March 26, 2015, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frenzy

I could be wrong, but I think this is JB's last season at the helm. He has done an enormous amount for this club, starting with the keep North in Melbourne campaign. Hopefully we can send him off with a GF appearance. Am predicting a top 4 finish. Go Roos. ;D

frenzy

Nahas off the rookie list and upgraded.  Look out young Turner he wants your spot. And probably deserves it.

TexR74

Quote from: frenzy on April 02, 2015, 04:14:58 PM
Nahas off the rookie list and upgraded.  Look out young Turner he wants your spot. And probably deserves it.
Not so sure, Turner's a god talent and he can nail down a spot then he could be a huge talent and perhaps a future member of the leadership group?

roo boys!

Quote from: TexR74 on April 04, 2015, 09:44:49 PM
Not so sure, Turner's a god talent and he can nail down a spot then he could be a huge talent and perhaps a future member of the leadership group?
I tend to agree. Nahas has definitely impressed when given the chance however I feel Turner is a big part of the future with his hard work and attack on the ball so can't see him getting dropped at this stage.

TexR74

Quote from: roo boys! on April 04, 2015, 11:21:57 PM
I tend to agree. Nahas has definitely impressed when given the chance however I feel Turner is a big part of the future with his hard work and attack on the ball so can't see him getting dropped at this stage.
I also see he him perhaps taking over Boomer's role? He actually reminds me of him just no big massive runs for goal, and how he was a late pick but still a good one

roo boys!

Quote from: TexR74 on April 04, 2015, 11:27:38 PM
I also see he him perhaps taking over Boomer's role? He actually reminds me of him just no big massive runs for goal, and how he was a late pick but still a good one
Yeah potentially, I think the real strength to Turner's game is his tackling and pressure so maybe a slightly different role to Boomer with a bit less time in the middle than Boomer had in the prime of his career.

Holz

Quote from: roo boys! on April 04, 2015, 11:37:56 PM
Yeah potentially, I think the real strength to Turner's game is his tackling and pressure so maybe a slightly different role to Boomer with a bit less time in the middle than Boomer had in the prime of his career.
he is still in his prime, might slow down in 5-10 years

TexR74

Quote from: Holz on April 05, 2015, 09:27:33 AM
Quote from: roo boys! on April 04, 2015, 11:37:56 PM
he is still in his prime, might slow down in 5-10 years
Haha yeah true, I heard he's a big contender for Rising Star

frenzy

top four team, lucky to finish bottom four with yesterday's performance  ???

frenzy

Mason Wood.... should of played last week, but then again, happy you were'nt part of what they dished up. Now just need to avoid the green vest.   ;D ;D

roo boys!

I think most fans are happy with the changes this week, I'm a bit disappointed Bastinac got dropped but the forward line is now looking quite strong, if not top heavy with the addition of Brown and the pretty decently sized Wood.

Wood, Nahas and Brown all deserve another crack and hopefully they're the men needed to turn last weeks result around

GoLions

Gonna be a tough game for you guys this week :-\

frenzy

GoLions

roo boys!

Little concerned with the team selection, I'm happy enough with North's changes (Basti my man in for Dal Santo and Tarrant for Tippett) but as soon as I saw Port's changes...

IN: Aaron Young, Kane Mitchell, Brendon Ah Chee, Nathan Krakouer

OUT: Jarman Impey (Hamstring), Kane Cornes (Rested), Jake Neade (Omitted), Jarrad Redden (Omitted)

They're going for an all out pace blitz under the roof at Etihad it seems, with some of their quickest runners included and just going in with the one ruckman in Ryder.

North has always been a very tall side and I know they play Etihad well but I wonder if they'll be any late changes, perhaps one of the big 3 up forward replaced by a McKenzie type to combat Port's running tactic. If not there'd be reason to assume they may well run North off their legs.

Also Boomer Harvey may struggle at CHB against Westhoff :P

NORTH MELBOURNE
FOLLOWERS
22 Todd Goldstein
10 Ben Cunnington
9 Andrew Swallow

PORT ADELAIDE
FOLLOWERS
4 Patrick Ryder
1 Travis Boak
16 Ollie Wines

FB 21 Luke McDonald 16 Scott D. Thompson 11 Michael Firrito