INJURED PLAYERS DISCUSSION THREAD

Started by Ringo, March 23, 2015, 04:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

honza

Not fantasy relevant, but David Astbury got nailed in the foot by a stingray at the club's recovery session. Needed surgery.

Pretty bad luck, but on the bright side another kid gets a go, and he didn't get steve irwined.

Mat0369

Wasn't he just coming back from injury as well?

Grimes is the guy I expect to step in then

Bully

Terrible day for Richmond reserves, flogged on the field and Astbury & Hampson injured. Maric owners probably benefit as we don't have another ruck to cover.

Bones Bombers

Quote from: Bully on March 26, 2015, 08:23:17 PM
Terrible day for Richmond reserves, flogged on the field and Astbury & Hampson injured. Maric owners probably benefit as we don't have another ruck to cover.
Just read about Hampson appearing to have hurt a knee. Will be interesting to hear what it is, as if Hampson is fit Maric may get a few rest games. I was planning to start Maric anyway but Hampson's bad luck may be a weight off my mind.

Mat0369

Did Hampson do his knee? He has had issues with his knee since his PCL a few years back

Mat0369

Quote from: Bones Bombers on March 26, 2015, 08:29:41 PM
Just read about Hampson appearing to have hurt a knee. Will be interesting to hear what it is, as if Hampson is fit Maric may get a few rest games. I was planning to start Maric anyway but Hampson's bad luck may be a weight off my mind.

I was positing my question above as this popped up  :P

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 26, 2015, 08:30:34 PM
Did Hampson do his knee? He has had issues with his knee since his PCL a few years back

Looks like the knee, hopefully not serious but with his history I'm worried. Vickery is our only back-up and he's a very average ruckman. Can't see Maric being rested if it's a long term injury.

AaronKirk

Quote from: Bully on March 26, 2015, 08:42:46 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on March 26, 2015, 08:30:34 PM

Looks like the knee, hopefully not serious but with his history I'm worried. Vickery is our only back-up and he's a very average ruckman. Can't see Maric being rested if it's a long term injury.

This presumably would be good for Maric from an SC perspective. Would Maric be able to ruck 90% or more of games?

As you say Vickery is an average ruck, maybe Griffiths would be the back-up?

Ricochet

Great, now I'm seriously considering Mummy to Maric

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: AaronKirk on March 27, 2015, 05:20:42 AM
This presumably would be good for Maric from an SC perspective. Would Maric be able to ruck 90% or more of games?

The Tigers are still working out who of Griff or Vickery they use. Either one will end up chopping out to Maric

I'm a Maric owner, but if I had the cash I'd prefer Mummy. Maric doesn't have a high ceiling and that extra cash on Mummy can get you some massive scores and additional points

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on March 27, 2015, 09:58:04 AM
Porque no los dos?  8)

Ricochet

Quote from: Nige on March 28, 2015, 12:49:56 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on March 27, 2015, 09:58:04 AM
Porque no los dos?  8)
Baxter you know I don't speak Spanish

AaronKirk

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 27, 2015, 10:46:26 AM
Quote from: AaronKirk on March 27, 2015, 05:20:42 AM

The Tigers are still working out who of Griff or Vickery they use. Either one will end up chopping out to Maric

I'm a Maric owner, but if I had the cash I'd prefer Mummy. Maric doesn't have a high ceiling and that extra cash on Mummy can get you some massive scores and additional points

Same here ha.

Nige

Ricochet