Main Menu

$$$ left in the bank

Started by Bomber Rock, March 19, 2010, 09:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bomber Rock

I'm just wondering everyones policy is on leaving money in the bank???  Are you set a minimum amount and picking your team around that or are you picking your team and you have what you have??

I picked my team based on having $50K left in the bank. I'm pretty happy with my current squad, but have only $41,600 left over - of course this might change with last minute rookie changes post team lists. I would have preferred more, but anyway!!

CFC 1979

DT $40 000 +
SC $ 100 000 +

VERY DIFFICULT TO GET THAT CASH REMAINING THIS YEAR

Bomber Rock

since i started this thread, i have changed my team again and now only have $5,700...  lol...  Just this morning, i was telling the guys at work that my team is locked and loaded...

So now, my choice is Hall and Medhurst with $5,700 left or drop one for Dangerfield and gain an extra $50K or so in the bank!!

CFC 1979

bomberrock

leave it that way if your happy

banked cash put less stress on upgrades later

jr0ck88

Im very happy with my team and have 145k left.  I worry about my upgrades if i dont have that wad of cash sitting there ready to go.  I pretty much picked my team then looked for places where I could trim and save cash.

Also helps with injuries; ie if Enright goes down, I dont need to ponder which sideways trade or 300k hack will replace him, i go 'Bang. Goddard." and dont lose points

Master Q

Quote from: CFC 1979 link=topic=10128.msg64047#msg64047
VERY DIFFICULT TO GET THAT CASH REMAINING THIS YEAR
/quote]
^^^^^

nickyt

yer this is a good point, but IMO u don't quite want almost 150k left over as you are sacrificing potential points early on...

Flame

I try to have 40-50K left over..

Prospector_1

Quote from: Flame on March 19, 2010, 12:18:52 PM
I try to have 40-50K left over..

...and I have a bank account. *Conjunction*

Cruiseon

Money in the bank is key to flexibility, especially if you are playing to win your league rather than the entire comp. It is all about peaking at the right time & having money gives you choices to make good trades.

dog

you want to leave money in the bank so when it comes to 5 pm next thursday and the afl site is frozen, you dont get stuck with a rookie thats not gunna play!

Depends on your strategy, if youve got 5 rookie mids you would want at least $150 k for that first upgrade when they hit $300k

CFC 1979

oh dog

"AFL site frozen next Thursday " :(
you have just struck fear into us all.
Time for a Zanax :P

dadsninja

Quote from: CFC 1979 on March 19, 2010, 08:48:31 PM
oh dog

YEP! It's happened for the past 3 years running... doubt they'll have it fixed this year with new record numbers...

Master Q

Quote from: dadsninja on March 20, 2010, 01:29:27 AM
Quote from: CFC 1979 on March 19, 2010, 08:48:31 PM
oh dog

YEP! It's happened for the past 3 years running... doubt they'll have it fixed this year with new record numbers...
I have a plan for all of you... you will just have to wait ;)