Main Menu

Leppa Contract Extension

Started by Ringo, March 10, 2015, 05:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Hi all Brisbane fans.

Strong rumours that we are seeking to extend Leppas contract for three years.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/brisbane-moves-to-extend-justin-leppitschs-contract-two-years-ahead-of-schedule/story-fnia3y5g-1227255674065

This will lock him away till 2019. (Extending existing contract by 3 years)

Thoughts on this am in 2 minds myself.  Leppa has been great for the club both on and off the field and needs to be locked up but for 4 more years is that too much after only one year of coaching. A 2 year extension would be right imo.

GoLions

Well, he's shown that he's in it for the long haul IMO as he's been playing the kids, and building a really good atmosphere around the club. Maybe a year too early to extend his contract, but going off last year, can't say I have any complaints. Thought he was outstanding 8)

SilverLion

Only got the extension to make the young kids feel like the club is stable, and heading in the right direction.

Personally, I would've waited until mid-year and assessed it then. I know we have a horror draw (Whats up with that anyways? Does 17th not warrant an easier draw?), but at least we could get an indication as to the direction the club is heading, and thus given/ not given him a contract accordingly.

However, I do understand that player retention is a priority for us (as it should be!), so I'm completely fine with the extension being done prior to the year starting.

JeremyErvin

I have followed your site regularly and written my opinion about anything. The assignment help review has recommended this site tome and I am really glad to get this post.