Cardiomegaly 2015

Started by jvalles69, March 10, 2015, 01:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Here's my first post at a team, by no means my first attempt, it has been re-jigged way more times than I can count and will continue to be re-jigged until I stuff something up at first lockout!  Rookies will depend on who's named round 1.

Def: B. Smith, J. Newnes, H. Lumumba, C. Pearce, Z. Jones, J. Hamling (M. Dick, A. Saad) - Geary could come in for Pearce
Mids: Ablett, D. Beams, L. Montagna, A. Swallow, R. Griffen, D. Rich, B. Newton, N. Freeman (Woodward, Vandenberg) - Greene could come in for Griff if I'm not sold on him
Rucks: Natanui, Luenberger (Holmes, Griffin)
Fwd: Bartel, Martin, Gray, Swan, T. Mitchell, M. Clark (J. Hogan, K. Lambert)

Cash in the bag: $118, 000 (currently for a Rocky upgrade)

Hows it look? :)

Money

Backline started strong but then weakened towards the end, I like the Pearce pick ive recently brought him in and the top 3 is solid. Jones and Hamling to round out the field is way to light though, should only have one of those on field IMO and that would need to be at D6
Unique Mid/10 which is a tick from me! Montagna being at M3 and Swallow M4 cross from me, I love a risk but that may be too much, mids are were points need to be generated and really you want tha M3 and M4 to be at least 105-108 from the outset which i dont think they will do! My boy Griffen great pickup and the last 3 are all solid
Good rucks! Nic Nat to explode if fit this year
Awesome forwards!!!!!!!! Nowhere to fault there! I would suggest though getting rid of Hogan on the pine at 193k, taking the money and upgrading one of Montagna or Swallow (know the feels if your sold and may be hard to get rid of)
Solid Side mate!

jvalles69

Quote from: Money on March 10, 2015, 01:32:46 AM
Backline started strong but then weakened towards the end, I like the Pearce pick ive recently brought him in and the top 3 is solid. Jones and Hamling to round out the field is way to light though, should only have one of those on field IMO and that would need to be at D6
Unique Mid/10 which is a tick from me! Montagna being at M3 and Swallow M4 cross from me, I love a risk but that may be too much, mids are were points need to be generated and really you want tha M3 and M4 to be at least 105-108 from the outset which i dont think they will do! My boy Griffen great pickup and the last 3 are all solid
Good rucks! Nic Nat to explode if fit this year
Awesome forwards!!!!!!!! Nowhere to fault there! I would suggest though getting rid of Hogan on the pine at 193k, taking the money and upgrading one of Montagna or Swallow (know the feels if your sold and may be hard to get rid of)
Solid Side mate!

Cheers for the input, I'm basically looking at Swallow and Montagna to raise cash because I feel they are both well underpirced especially with Motagna's and the Saints start to the year, then when they have peaked they will get the chop for a few of the higher priced mids who may drop a little.  What I got from last year is timing of trading players in and out of your side is so crucial and I did it right most of the time, but on a few occasions I didn't go with my gut and if I had like this it would've paid off.  Back line isn't set just yet as I have no idea which rookies will play, but there will be a few adjustments from here on in. :)

jvalles69

Had another bit of a play and now it looks like this...

Def: B. Smith, J. Newnes, H. Lumumba, C. Pearce, Geary, J. Hamling (M. Dick, A. Saad) - Geary could come in for Pearce
Mids: Ablett, D. Beams, Fyfe, A. Swallow, R. Griffen, D. Rich, B. Newton, N. Freeman (Cripps, Vandenberg) - Greene could come in for Griff if I'm not sold on him
Rucks: Natanui, Luenberger (Holmes, Griffin)
Fwd: Bartel, Martin, Gray, Swan, Karnezis, M. Clark (Krakeur, K. Lambert)

With 164K in the bank

Looking at Sidebottom also in the place of Fyfe.

jvalles69

Please comment on my current incarnation. 231K left in the bank.

Def: Simpson, Newnes, Lumumba, Geary, Whitecross, Smedts (Saad, Dick)
Mids: Ablett, Beams, Swallow, Griffen, Neale, Newton, Freeman, Cripps (Vandenberg, Ellis-Yolman)
Rucks: Bellchambers, Kreuzer (Phillips, Griffin)
Fwd: Bartel, Martin, Gray, Swan, Mitchell, Clark (Reid, Lambert)

Kreuzer depends on when he is going to be fit (if we know), Bellchambers can be upgraded but looks like he has the #1 uck job sewn up unless he is banned.  Mitchell in the forward line could be switched, not liking his chances of playing in the middle from both NAB games.

jvalles69

Currently my team stands after 1 trade of Sidebottom to Lewis:

Def: Newnes, Shaw, Lumumba, Hunt, Goodes, McIntosh (Oxley, Saad)
Mids: Ablett, Lewis, Parker, Beams, Griffen, Newton, Vandenberg, Cripps (Ellis-Yolman, Nelson)
Ruck: Luenberger, Bellchambers (Phillips, Naismith
Fwd: Bartel, Gray, Martin, Bontempelli, Clarke (Salem, Honeychurch)

What to do with my 2nd trade if any. 47k in the bank.

a) Griffen down to Rich or give Griffen 1 more week?
b) Oxley out to another rookie priced defender who will score more?
c) Something completely different (elaborate)!

jvalles69

Currently leading trade is Griffen --> Whitfield.

jvalles69

Round 6 moves at this stage are Newton -> Glenn and Salem -> Titchell

Team will look like:

Def: Hibberd, Shaw, Newnes, Oxley, Saad, McIntosh (Goodes, Byrne)
Mids: Lewis, Barlow, Parker, Beams, Whitfield, Vandenberg, CEY, Cripps (Glenn, Nelson)
Rucks: Bellchambers, Goldstein (Philips, Naismith)
Fwd: Gray, Martin, Tex, Bont, Swan, Titchel (Clark, Krakeuor)

Leaves me with a completed fwd line with Tex prob being moved on at a later stage.  If Lewis misses more than 1 game then I may turn Lewis into Glenn.

jvalles69

After round 7 I have moved up to 4626 overall, won't be making moves till teams are announced as need to see how many donuts I might have to deal with!  Early thoughts are Salem -> Amon via DPP and turning Whitfield back into Lewis.  Kreuzer will be looked at too in exchange for Bellchambers.

Def: Newnes, Shaw, Hibberd, Seedsman, Oxley, McIntosh (Goodes, Byrne)
Mids: Priddis, Beams, Parker, Barlow, Whitfield, Vandenberg, Cripps, Krak (CEY, Glenn)
Rucks: Bellchambers, Goldstein (Phillips, Naismith)
Fwd: Gray, Swan, Dusty, Mitchell, Bont, Tex (Clarke, Salem)

jvalles69

I really need some help this week folks, I managed to move into the top 1800 this week with some luck of not having Lewis.  Currently team stands as:

Def: Hodge, Shaw, Newnes, Hibberd, Seedsman, Oxley (Clurey, Byrne)
Mid: Priddis, Rockliff, Parker, Beams, Barlow, Vandenberg, Cripps, CEY (Glenn, Amon)
Rucks: Goldstein, Bellchambers (Phillips, Naismith)
Fwd: Gray, Martin, Mitchell, Swan, Tex, Bontempelli (Krak, Clark)

My first trade will be bringing Dumont into my side.  The Bont is bleeding cash so I'm planning on trading him out, moving Vandenberg to the fwd line and Dumont into the mids.  My second trade is tougher.  I feel Oxley is the next rookie to be culled and going with my gut as I have been, it's Mundy to bring in even though his BE is 129, however his next 3 games go Rich, GC, Bye which is better than Boyd's Port, Bye Bris.  The other option is to chase more cash this week and bring in either Acres or Wallis, but I don't feel Cripps or CEY are ready to be culled.  Bellchambers I can live with till after the byes where I will either target Jacobs or Martin.  Byes are also playing a part in my options, current structure is 9-11-10, if I brought in Dumont and Mundy then it would be 8-11-11.

Advice needed.

chief007

Id say you will have to wait till teams are announced, rocky is in strife so he will have to go and i was reading somewhere that the bont could still be right to play just a slight groin strain.   
Quote from: jvalles69 on June 01, 2015, 04:22:20 PM
I really need some help this week folks, I managed to move into the top 1800 this week with some luck of not having Lewis.  Currently team stands as:

Mid: Priddis, Rockliff, Parker, Beams, Barlow, Vandenberg, Cripps, CEY (Glenn, Amon)

My first trade will be bringing Dumont into my side.  The Bont is bleeding cash so I'm planning on trading him out, moving Vandenberg to the fwd line and Dumont into the mids.  My second trade is tougher.  I feel Oxley is the next rookie to be culled and going with my gut as I have been, it's Mundy to bring in even though his BE is 129, however his next 3 games go Rich, GC, Bye which is better than Boyd's Port, Bye Bris.  The other option is to chase more cash this week and bring in either Acres or Wallis, but I don't feel Cripps or CEY are ready to be culled.  Bellchambers I can live with till after the byes where I will either target Jacobs or Martin.  Byes are also playing a part in my options, current structure is 9-11-10, if I brought in Dumont and Mundy then it would be 8-11-11.

Advice needed.

jvalles69

Quote from: chief007 on June 01, 2015, 10:40:04 PM
Id say you will have to wait till teams are announced, rocky is in strife so he will have to go and i was reading somewhere that the bont could still be right to play just a slight groin strain.   
Quote from: jvalles69 on June 01, 2015, 04:22:20 PM

Advice needed.

Cheers, yeah at the moment it looks like I might be voiding original plans and just build a bank for post byes, Rocky to Wallis and Bont to Dumont.

jvalles69

First time this season I'm at a loss of what to do? Rank - 3161 Cash - 461,000

Def: Hodge, Shaw, Hibberd, Newnes, Boyd, Oxley (Clurey, Edwards)
Mid: Priddis, Beams, Parker, Macrae, Wallis, Cripps, Acres, Dumont (Amon, Glenn)
Ruc: Martin, Goldstein (Phillips, Naismith)
For: Martin, Swan, Gray, Mitchell, Walker, Krakouer (Lambert, Byrne)

Some of my initial thoughts are Oxley -> Simpson/McVeigh, Acres -> Pendlebury, Krak -> Goddard/Deledio/McKernan

Help!  ??? :-\

chief007

Acers to someone like steel then krak to McKernan then double upgrade next week or krak to McKernan then get pendles in, acers has a broken hand I read somewhere so he needs to go

jvalles69

Quote from: chief007 on July 01, 2015, 11:06:57 AM
Acers to someone like steel then krak to McKernan then double upgrade next week or krak to McKernan then get pendles in, acers has a broken hand I read somewhere so he needs to go

Thanks for that...at this stage I'm hoping Phillips plays for Stef Martin cover.  Krak's gone for McKernan, but I'm thinking Acres to Taylor Adams for a few weeks to continue some cash flow and if he turns out to be a keeper I move him into the F6 position and if not then he's becomes a pretty close straight swap to a fallen premium (not Barlow or Selwood)!