NFL Season 2015/2016

Started by Jay, March 04, 2015, 06:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

Brissett, who transferred from Florida to NC State, started the past two seasons for the Wolfpack and completed 60 percent of his passes as a senior. There's a lot to like about his frame and pocket mobility. He also has more than enough arm strength to succeed at the NFL level. However, there's room for improvement when it comes to ball placement as he misses within the strike and forces receivers to adjust too much. He has the potential to develop into a valuable backup and effective spot starter.

Kessler was a three-year starter with a 27-16 career record for the Trojans. He lacks ideal measurables and has physical limitations, including a lack of ideal arm strength to stretch the field vertically. On the flip side, he is a cerebral signal-caller with experience running a pro-style progression read system, and he has very good poise and awareness in the pocket. Kessler also shows adequate touch and accuracy in the short-to-intermediate part of the field. He has a chance to develop into a functional backup for a team that implements heavy West Coast principles predicated on getting the ball out quickly with rhythm and timing.

Jukes

Definitely would've taken Hogan, Allen and Cook over Brissett and Kessler - hopefully we can pick one of those three up tomorrow, preferably Cook.

RiOtChEsS

I hope we don't draft a QB until round 6 if at all, none of the remainder are better than Kellen Moore and we desperately need defensive depth to develop, it's not unheard of to get good players after round 3... Richard Sherman Antonio Brown Brandon Marshall

Jukes

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on April 30, 2016, 09:47:58 PM
I hope we don't draft a QB until round 6 if at all, none of the remainder are better than Kellen Moore and we desperately need defensive depth to develop, it's not unheard of to get good players after round 3... Richard Sherman Antonio Brown Brandon Marshall

Idk man, there's a few talented QBs remaining other than Cook, Hogan, and Allen who should go soon - Jeff Driskel is very talented athletically (ran a 4.56 40 at 6'3 230lbs) and has a very strong arm, just has to work on the mental part of his game. Brandon Doughty put up insane production in college (almost 10,000 yards the last two seasons, 97 TDS vs 19 INTs, 70% completion percentage), Jacob Coker showed his strong arm and good size when leading Bama to the natty, and Nate Sudfield has great size, experience, and a good arm.

There's still 7 good prospects quarterbacks left imo (Cook, Hogan, Allen, Driskel, Doughty, Coker, Sudfield), all of them have NFL-level potential - especially Cook and Hogan, obviously.

Tomorrow will be great for linebackers too - Scooby Wright and Tyler Makatevich are Nagurski+Bednarik trophy winners as the best college defensive player in 2014 and 2015 respectively and should be first round guys, while guys like Schobert, Kwiatkowski, Striker, Cowser, Martinez, and Morrison certainly have the potential to start in the NFL.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Jukes on April 30, 2016, 10:12:20 PM

Idk man, there's a few talented QBs remaining other than Cook, Hogan, and Allen who should go soon - Jeff Driskel is very talented athletically (ran a 4.56 40 at 6'3 230lbs) and has a very strong arm, just has to work on the mental part of his game. Brandon Doughty put up insane production in college (almost 10,000 yards the last two seasons, 97 TDS vs 19 INTs, 70% completion percentage), Jacob Coker showed his strong arm and good size when leading Bama to the natty, and Nate Sudfield has great size, experience, and a good arm.

There's still 7 good prospects quarterbacks left imo (Cook, Hogan, Allen, Driskel, Doughty, Coker, Sudfield), all of them have NFL-level potential - especially Cook and Hogan, obviously.

Tomorrow will be great for linebackers too - Scooby Wright and Tyler Makatevich are Nagurski+Bednarik trophy winners as the best college defensive player in 2014 and 2015 respectively and should be first round guys, while guys like Schobert, Kwiatkowski, Striker, Cowser, Martinez, and Morrison certainly have the potential to start in the NFL.
If a team is in need of a QB absolutely, i think the order of our needs QB prospect is behind D-line x2 and CB x1 in the next 3 picks

Jukes

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on April 30, 2016, 11:13:20 PM
Quote from: Jukes on April 30, 2016, 10:12:20 PM

If a team is in need of a QB absolutely, i think the order of our needs QB prospect is behind D-line x2 and CB x1 in the next 3 picks

Both Walt and Charlie (two main writers) on Walter Football have mocked Prescott to the boys at 101, so it doesn't sound like you'll be very happy!
"The Cowboys will consider Dak Prescott in Day 3. They want a solid backup as well as a successor for Tony Romo. As a Hall of Fame running back once said, this is killing two stones with one bird."
"Dallas has shown a lot of interest in Prescott, and he could be a good understudy for Tony Romo."

Also, Grant Cohn (BR) has mocked Wright, Ervin, Hogan, Haeg, Nicolas, Ochi, Boehringer, and Fejedelem to us for the rest of the draft. This is so best case scenario imo and is a legitimate chance to happen. But knowing us we'll take 8 random spuds. Taking just Wright and Hogan would be fantastic! I really like Boehringer and Fejedelem too as sleepers.

RiOtChEsS

Pretty happy with Charles Tapper, dude is quick and strong https://youtu.be/Uj4fuTZdyRk?t=6s runs down Amari Cooper

Prescott looks super raw but a good athlete, hopefully he has a few years to learn and develop, Rico Gathers :o interesting

The 2 DB's we took, mmm :-\ even drafted another RB ??? definitely dodged a bullet with Lynch, i like the Jaylon Smith pick

I see you at least got 1 of the QB prospects you were keen on in Driskel, Burbridge and Taylor look solid too

Jukes

Yeah Tapper is a good pick-up, definitely has starter potential for this season - not a fan of your other day three picks though. Tyler Martz is a decent UDFA scoop too.

But it's fair to say our draft was a huge disappointment. Buckner and Driskel were good picks - the rest were all trash. They have potential but are far from the best player we could have taken. Garnett is good but was taken way too early and there were better guards available. Cajuste and Anderson are good UDFA pick-ups, definitely have starter potential - both were great at Stanford.

I should be our GM tbh, I'd do a far better job drafting I'm sure of that. I'd have taken Buckner, Jack, Fackrell, Sanchez, McGovern, Haeg, DJ White, Driskel, Braverman, Fejedelem, and Wright and we'd be a far better team, plus make strong UDFA moves for guys like Spruce, Cowser, Johnstone, Striker, Braunecker, Wujciak, Coker, Cajuste, Anderson, and Green. Too bad Baalke is horrifically incompetent.

Packers had a great draft imo - picking up Fackrell and Martinez to start at LB alongside Matthews and Ryan should make them major SB contenders for many years to come, while Lowry, Clark, and Spriggs should also start this season or provide great depth.

Cleveland (lol) also had a great draft, maybe behind the appointment of Paul Podesta (Moneyball guy). Coleman is the best WR in this draft, Nassib and Ogbah are a fearsome DE combination, Schobert should bring heat from OLB, they picked up some more WR and OL help - oh, and they got the absolute steal of the draft by far in Scooby Wright at pick #250 - the guy who won the Nagurski, Lambert, Bednarik, and Lombardi awards in 2014 and has first-round talent - 31 teams will be sorry very soon for passing him up.

END RANT

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Jukes on May 01, 2016, 05:30:25 PM
Yeah Tapper is a good pick-up, definitely has starter potential for this season - not a fan of your other day three picks though. Tyler Martz is a decent UDFA scoop too.

But it's fair to say our draft was a huge disappointment. Buckner and Driskel were good picks - the rest were all trash. They have potential but are far from the best player we could have taken. Garnett is good but was taken way too early and there were better guards available. Cajuste and Anderson are good UDFA pick-ups, definitely have starter potential - both were great at Stanford.

I should be our GM tbh, I'd do a far better job drafting I'm sure of that. I'd have taken Buckner, Jack, Fackrell, Sanchez, McGovern, Haeg, DJ White, Driskel, Braverman, Fejedelem, and Wright and we'd be a far better team, plus make strong UDFA moves for guys like Spruce, Cowser, Johnstone, Striker, Braunecker, Wujciak, Coker, Cajuste, Anderson, and Green. Too bad Baalke is horrifically incompetent.

Packers had a great draft imo - picking up Fackrell and Martinez to start at LB alongside Matthews and Ryan should make them major SB contenders for many years to come, while Lowry, Clark, and Spriggs should also start this season or provide great depth.

Cleveland (lol) also had a great draft, maybe behind the appointment of Paul Podesta (Moneyball guy). Coleman is the best WR in this draft, Nassib and Ogbah are a fearsome DE combination, Schobert should bring heat from OLB, they picked up some more WR and OL help - oh, and they got the absolute steal of the draft by far in Scooby Wright at pick #250 - the guy who won the Nagurski, Lambert, Bednarik, and Lombardi awards in 2014 and has first-round talent - 31 teams will be sorry very soon for passing him up.

END RANT
Feels that way doesn't it, why we were trying to take Lynch when there is Smith, Jack, Ogbah, Nkemdiche and Spence available ???
We have had some good success with undrafted players
Can't believe Scooby fell so far, thought we may even take a chance on him with Smith sitting out 2016
I liked what the Jags did, they have to be competitive now

Mat0369

Hayne retires so that means NO MORE 9'ERS GAMES!!!!

Jay

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 16, 2016, 01:24:19 PM
Hayne retires so that means NO MORE 9'ERS GAMES!!!!
YES!!!!!!

RiOtChEsS

Jalen Ramsey torn meniscus