How to display your team as a picture

Started by LaHug, March 01, 2015, 12:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

GoLions suggests this very quick and easy method:

I don't know how many people will see this, but I just startd using Gyazo and it is so much easier to do screenshots of your team. After downloading/installing, all you have to do is click the icon on your taskbar, then select the area of your screen you wish to "screenshot", and then it displays your image in a new tab. For it to show as an image on FanFooty, all you do is right click the image and open it in a new tab as a .png, and then just copy that link. It literally takes me about 8 seconds to get a screeny of my SC/DT/AF teams now, WouldRecommend/10

Otherwise, this is what Jacka33 wrote up a few years ago in the RMSC section:

Hey guys,

If using Windows:
firstly, you are going to want to take a screenshot of your team, do this by pressing the "prtscn" button on your keyboard, then open the application "paint" and paste the image you took from pressing "prtscn" into paint, once the image is there, you may use the select tool to highlighy just your team, so that you don't have the rest of your screen showing in the image. Once the image is to your liking, save it somewhere you will remember (usually the desktop is easiest)

LH edit: Most (or all) Windows computers have a tool called "Snipping Tool". Just go Start and search for it. Using the Snipping Tool, you can select an area to screenshot without having to go into Paint. Just save that selection and then follow the steps below.

If using Mac:
Similar to above however there is a tool called "grab" that can take a picture of specifically what you want to be displayed, if you are unsure of where the grab tool is, use the search feature, once grab is open (there won't be any window pop up, it will just have the toolbar in the top left corner displayed) select the capture selection button and then drag the box over your Supercoach team. once done you will be prompted where you would like to save the image, again the desktop is usually the easiest place to save.

LH edit: Similarly, there is a shortcut for Mac users. Just press Command+Shift+4 and highlight the area you want to screenshot. It will automatically save it to your desktop.

Once your image is saved to the desktop you are going to want to upload it to the net so it can be viewed on these forums, this is done by uploading it to an image viewing site. my preferred site is http://imageshack.us/ http://imgur.com/ is better! once on the site, click browse and find your image which should be saved on the desktop (if you were following my instructions correctly) and before you upload, its best to make sure the image resize selection is set to "do not resize"

Once uploaded simply open your image in a new tab, or until the image is the only thing you are viewing on a particular page (such as this http://i.imgur.com/Cct0h3e.jpg)

When you have that page open all you have to do is copy the web address of that page in between the insert image button used on this fanfooty site, to do that simply click the insert image button when starting a new topic (it looks like a picture, who knew?) and paste the url of your image on imageshack in between the things that will pop up that look like this ---> [img]

and tadaa, you will have an image displayed right in your topic window, no links required.

Thanks and if you have any troubles let me know so i can help.

Cheers.

Nige

I'd suggest imgur, it's a lot better than most of the other image hosting sites in my experience (having used photobucket, imageshack etc).

GoLions

Quote from: GoLions on May 19, 2014, 08:03:42 PM
I don't know how many people will see this, but I just startd using Gyazo and it is so much easier to do screenshots of your team. After downloading/installing, all you have to do is click the icon on your taskbar, then select the area of your screen you wish to "screenshot", and then it displays your image in a new tab. For it to show as an image on FanFooty, all you do is right click the image and open it in a new tab as a .png, and then just copy that link. It literally takes me about 8 seconds to get a screeny of my SC/DT/AF teams now, WouldRecommend/10

AaronKirk

Quote from: GoLions on March 01, 2015, 01:56:20 PM
+1

LaHug

Quote from: GoLions on March 01, 2015, 01:56:20 PM

Cheers. Edited it in!

Quote from: Nige on March 01, 2015, 01:08:42 PM
I'd suggest imgur, it's a lot better than most of the other image hosting sites in my experience (having used photobucket, imageshack etc).

Couldn't agree more. It's what I use too.

RiOtChEsS

I know this isnt precisely related but thought i should post here rather than make a new thread...

I cant seem to change my display picture for AFL Fantasy, im stuck with last years picture which actually has a different team name written on the picture, hence the wish to change.
I have tried resizing the new image to extremely small, it even says "account updated" after it displays and i save it, however it does not save and once i leave the accounts page it reverts back to the old.
Has anyone else had this problem and figured it out, or do any of you have a tip?

fanTCfool

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on March 20, 2016, 09:00:52 PM
I know this isnt precisely related but thought i should post here rather than make a new thread...

I cant seem to change my display picture for AFL Fantasy, im stuck with last years picture which actually has a different team name written on the picture, hence the wish to change.
I have tried resizing the new image to extremely small, it even says "account updated" after it displays and i save it, however it does not save and once i leave the accounts page it reverts back to the old.
Has anyone else had this problem and figured it out, or do any of you have a tip?

I believe this issue stems from the Team Name, I found that despite also saying "Account Updated" my information, including profile picture, would not update as I had the same team name as another user.
I would recommend altering your team name and other information in the one 'save', and see if it updates then.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: fanTCfool on March 20, 2016, 09:20:27 PM

I believe this issue stems from the Team Name, I found that despite also saying "Account Updated" my information, including profile picture, would not update as I had the same team name as another user.
I would recommend altering your team name and other information in the one 'save', and see if it updates then.
ok awesome cheers mate will give it a go ;)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on March 20, 2016, 09:29:08 PM

no luck unfortunately :(

fanTCfool

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on March 20, 2016, 09:39:50 PM

You could try uploading your image to a hosting site, re-downloading it, and then using the 'new' copy of it.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: fanTCfool on March 20, 2016, 09:41:01 PM

You could try uploading your image to a hosting site, re-downloading it, and then using the 'new' copy of it.
gave it a crack, still no love, cheers for the advice mate ive emailed em ;)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on March 20, 2016, 10:34:42 PM
Quote from: fanTCfool on March 20, 2016, 09:41:01 PM

gave it a crack, still no love, cheers for the advice mate ive emailed em ;)
turns out it was the "chrome browser" i was using, mozilla sorted it first pop ::)

Grannyboy

I liked the drag n drop jpeg method from before rather than hosting sites. Was easier for me, hmm showing my age lol. Oh well no more piccies for me then :-\

beno-scoreGAZM

hi,

when i click the "insert image" button and the [img] text comes up, I then paste the URL code from imgur so it looks like this:

[img]URL from imgur[img]

then when i post my topic, no image is shown....

GoLions

Quote from: beno-scoreGAZM on March 01, 2018, 12:13:24 PM
hi,

when i click the "insert image" button and the [img] text comes up, I then paste the URL code from imgur so it looks like this:

[img]URL from imgur[img]

then when i post my topic, no image is shown....
Make sure you get the '.png', or '.jpeg' url :)