ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING,IMPORTANT INFO AND FAQ'S

Started by LF, February 24, 2015, 03:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

Hi All
These are just some guidelines and FAQ's all in one topic so that the boards don't get clogged with too many stickied threads.

Searching the Forums

Would be great if people could search the forum or check the page before posting a new topic,so we don't have a heap of threads all on the same topic.This will keep the boards from clogging up.
The search function is on the right hand side of your page at the top.

Match Day Discussions

Every week during the NAB Cup and the Home and Away Season mods of the forums will create a thread for each individual game.
These threads are for all match related discussion,late outs,sub announcements,team announcements and for when a player has been injured during the game.
The reason for this section is so that the Player and Trade boards don't get clogged with threads that discuss the games and the players involved.
There is always some great discussions in these threads on game day.
So basically all the threads that people make asking a player to lift should actually be posted in match day boards rather than player and trade boards.

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/board,75.0.html
Link to matchday boards

Team Trades Advice Section

This section is where you should post your full team if you would like people to rate it and give suggestions on what you can do.
When posting updated teams there,you should try to use the same thread for all updates to your team.
To find your team thread you can use the search function or even check a couple of pages before making a new team thread.

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/board,12.0.html
Link to SC Rate my Team Section

Specific Team Topics

We have a section in the forums that has a board for every team in the AFL.
If you have a news story or information that relates to one specific team,you should post it in the relevant teams board,not in the Players and Trades boards

Link to AFL Team Boards
http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/board,13.0.html

Progressive Score and Par Score Threads

Progressive Score weekly threads and Par score threads should be posted in the Supercoach main board,not the Players and Trades Board.

Link
http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/board,2.0.html

FAQ's

Dual Emergencies

I put the E on both my players in the forward line which players score do I get?

If you have the E on 2 players in the one position,you will get there lower score of the 2 added to your score.
If 2 players don't play in that position and you have the E on 2 players,you will get both players scores
If only one of your emergencies play,you get that score providing you have a donut on field.

Captain Loophole

How do I do the Captain Loophole

Let's say I have Tom Rockliff playing on Friday night, and he is my VC. Pendles is my C
Rocky scores 160 points, and I want to take that as my captain score
On my ruck bench, I have Max King, who is playing on Sunday, which is AFTER my VC plays
On the field in my rucks, I have Todd Goldstein, who is playing on Saturday, which is also AFTER my VC plays
To loophole Rocky as my VC, I need to sub Goldy to my bench, and King on to the field. I then have to make King my C, and Goldy my emg. Once the Dees match is over, I will get Rocky's score doubled, and Goldy will cover for King scoring zero

A few notes
- Make sure you plan all this out before the round starts, can sometimes get yourself into a situation where you don't have any emergencies left, or no-one on the field to sub off
- Make sure you set the correct player as your emergency. Sometimes people can leave it on a non-scoring player, or a rookie, and lose themselves more points than what they gain
- I usually have Goldstein as a permanent emergency with King on the field, so I never have to worry about subbing players on and off, makes things a whole lot easier. However this is specific to me, it really depends who you have as a non-scoring player and who you are subbing them with, and who your VC and C are
- Generally you should loophole a score that is higher than the average of your captain, but there can be exceptions depending on your league match, a player's history against a certain team, etc etc

General Information

Captain Score Differences

Let's say you have Player A as VC, and Player B as C
Player A scores 151, so you loophole him
Player B then scores 184
YOU DO NOT LOSE 66 POINTS BY LOOPHOLING
As you can see, the difference here is only 33 points, which is the exact difference between Player A and Player B's scores. It does not get doubled.

Score when loopholing; 151 + 151 + 184 = 486

Score when NOT loopholing; 151 + 184 + 184 = 519

Something that is also helpful to other forums users is using a topic title that is relevant to your inquiry or to the subject you are posting about
For example Instead of saying "The man from the Saints with the 2 first names" just say Jack Steven instead as it helps other users to find if the player has already been talked about when they search the forums

Any thread that is started in the wrong section will be moved by the mods to the correct one.
Any topics started that are the same as another one will be merged by the mods

How to Trade a defender for a forward or mid etc

You can trade out a player and sub 2 players around to bring in a player from desired position

for example

Out Gresham
sub Mennadue or any mid/fwd to the mids
sub Adams or any def/fwd to the forwards most teams have a few this year
then can trade in a defender

out Bennedy
sub any def/fwds to the fwds
trade in a defender

just a couple examples

this can work for any position as long as you have the right DPP links

LF

There are coaches not searching the forums before posting new topics,mods have merged several threads already this preseason,please search the board before posting new topics,the instructions are in the post above if you are unsure of how to do it.

Ringo

Quote from: LF on March 15, 2016, 12:24:47 PM
There are coaches not searching the forums before posting new topics,mods have merged several threads already this preseason,please search the board before posting new topics,the instructions are in the post above if you are unsure of how to do it.
Agree as mods we spend considerable amount of time merging topics when there are existing Topics on the same subject.

LF

Quote from: Ringo on March 15, 2016, 01:17:39 PM
Quote from: LF on March 15, 2016, 12:24:47 PM
Agree as mods we spend considerable amount of time merging topics when there are existing Topics on the same subject.

LF

I think quite a few people might need to give themselves a refresher and read this again.

LF

Quote from: LF on April 21, 2018, 12:48:29 PM
I think quite a few people might need to give themselves a refresher and read this again.

LF

Quote from: LF on February 24, 2015, 03:03:57 PM

Searching the Forums

Would be great if people could search the forum or check the page before posting a new topic,so we don't have a heap of threads all on the same topic.This will keep the boards from clogging up.
The search function is on the right hand side of your page at the top.

It seems some of the coaches need to remember how to use search
So here is the a part of the OP so everyone can see where the search function is.
If the mods can find the topics on players etc previously posted then I’m sure that everyone else can as well.