The All Time NBA Dynasty Draft

Started by Jay, February 13, 2015, 06:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

start of the season pick a team, than you vote at the end of the season.

than you see who did the best. its like when i picked Curry Harden and Davis for my dynasty team

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Holz on June 18, 2015, 10:22:12 AM

than you see who did the best. its like when i picked Curry Harden and Davis for my dynasty team
yeah sounds like a good idea, so draft current players in October and the winner is based off that seasons stats etc?

Holz

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on June 18, 2015, 11:16:19 AM

yeah sounds like a good idea, so draft current players in October and the winner is based off that seasons stats etc?

I wouldnt say stats, still go with votes but you have an indication on how the players performed. For example guys like melo should have much less value this year than he did this time in october. Or curry might have gone pick 5-6 but really now worth 2-3.

its more the later picks that become more important. Like Jimmy butler would have been a late pick up but really his value was an allstar. or now tristan thompson cant just be picked up last round by me as kids a gun.

Jay

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on June 18, 2015, 11:16:19 AM

Yeah sounds good :)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on February 27, 2015, 07:30:22 PMRiotchess Triangle

C: Shaquille O'Neal
PF: Kevin Garnett
SF: Scottie Pippen
SG: Kobe Bryant
PG: Steph Curry

G: Ray Allen
 W: Paul Pierce
 B: Anthony Davis

Triangle Offense
The triangle offense was coached by Phil Jackson and has bagged him 11 titles, its also the system that MJ, Scottie, Shaq and Kobe won their rings in.
The system's most important feature is the sideline triangle created by the center, who stands at the low post, the forward at the wing, and the guard at the corner. The team's other guard stands at the top of the key and the weak-side forward is on the weak-side high post â€" together forming the "two-man game." The goal of the offense is to fill those five spots, which creates good spacing between players and allows each one to pass to four teammates. Every pass and cut has a purpose and everything is dictated by the defense.
After drafting Shaq i surrounded him with the pieces that brought him success and those that had played the same game.

Duo    Years    Games    PPG    RPG    APG
MJ w/ Pippen    87-98    1509    48.9    12.2    10.8
Shaq w/ Kobe    96-04    1075    48.6    16.6    7.4

Kobe Bryant and Scottie Pippen, 11 rings in the triangle, Paul Pierce (4th all time in 3's), Ray Allen (1st all time in 3's) and Kevin Garnett played together and in a similar styled offense and have the chemistry necessary to keep the same offensive flow throughout.
My two wild cards are Steph Curry (future 3pt king) and Anthony Davis, Steph was an important pick for the team as he doesnt need the ball in hand to do damage, in 4 and a half seasons he is 66th all time in triples, ahead of Allen Iverson, Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Durant, he is going to get open looks and he will bury most of them.
Anthony Davis does not have a weakness in his game, he is a more efficient and dare i say a better version of a young Shaq, i really dont need to harp on about him if youve been watching NBA in the last 2-3 years.

Defense
The hallmark of a Phil Jackson defense is a help defense, guys that can fly around create chaos and block shots from anywhere, the best defensive player he ever coached is at his disposal again in Scottie Pippen, even if there were liabilities elsewhere Pippen would have to be the greatest 'help' defender of all time, a quick peak at his defensive highlight reel reveals some of the most exciting defensive plays in NBA history.
Shaq, Garnett and Davis are elite paint defenders, Paul Pierce is a solid wing defender and Steph Curry is a thief, the defense is good but the plan is we are just going to score more points than anyone else through efficiency in a system that has proven to be the greatest Offense in the history of the game.

This Team Looks Legit Nearly A Decade Later...