Main Menu

FF FTP Fantasy Competition!

Started by Cookie Monster, February 13, 2015, 05:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie Monster

Just had the idea of starting this up, nothing like this was ran whilst i was here, but being away for so long i understand that something along these lines has been ran.

I'm unsure of any people in friendly competitions at the moment, so i guess the first thing that needs to be said is that a friendly competition is needed to run this competition.

Getting interest from people will determine how many people will/can play. I'm not sure how many players can play in a friendly comp (Shows how long i've been away)

The steps are pretty simple for preparing this competition.

- Gain interest and finalize teams in the competiton.

- 15 players per sqaud, using any player from the teams within the competiton.

- Have an auction/drafting system, just see which one can work best.

The rules for the matches are simple.

- Don't be a poo and just rest your best players so they can't score points, BEST 11 MUST BE PLAYED

- Take the competition seriously too, two competitions within 1 in a way.

- You will be responsible for adding up your score after the matches, it should be pretty simple to do that but links will be posted here if you need help (Probably only me)

More will come to detail when and if enough interest is gained, post in here if interested, if someone can help me out with telling me how many can be in friendly comp that'd be great.

PowerBug

So you want a friendly comp to be set up, and a fantasy comp to run from that? Too easy

Cookie Monster

Quote from: PowerBug on February 13, 2015, 05:17:48 PM
So you want a friendly comp to be set up, and a fantasy comp to run from that? Too easy
Yeah, just thought it'd be something different compared to other friendly comps that have been run.

Cookie Monster

Would anyone be interested in doing something like this?

PowerBug

I think it'd be fun. However I feel like Feb/March is a pretty busy time haha, especially this Feb/March with the CWC on. I forgot that it was tour week this week until I realised I couldn't use one of my players in a club match, and I have to set orders for Sri Lanka lol

Cookie Monster

Quote from: PowerBug on February 14, 2015, 10:24:02 PM
I think it'd be fun. However I feel like Feb/March is a pretty busy time haha, especially this Feb/March with the CWC on. I forgot that it was tour week this week until I realised I couldn't use one of my players in a club match, and I have to set orders for Sri Lanka lol
Yeah, i'm no good knowing when nat stuff is on, i'd still like to gain some interest from people and start whenever i can.

nrich102

Yeah, I'd be keen as well, but think we should wait a while.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: nrich102 on February 14, 2015, 10:34:53 PM
Yeah, I'd be keen as well, but think we should wait a while.
That's fine, as i said i'm no good as to when NAT stuff is happening, if people can just post interest and then get started when it's all over.

DazBurg

sounds like something that could be fun :)

Cookie Monster

Quote from: The BeDazzler on February 15, 2015, 08:40:02 AM
sounds like something that could be fun :)

Great.

I'd love to finalize the teams that will be participating, get an auction happening as i feel that can take a little while and get a list of all the players that would be available to auction.

If anyone wants to chip in and help that'd be great.

Also can someone tell me when all NAT Duties will be done?

PowerBug

So you want an auction too? That'll be really difficult man.

Cookie Monster

Then we'll do a draft if that's easier.

PowerBug

Both time consuming compared to just letting people select 15 players. There will be enough variation

Cookie Monster

It's going to be time consuming no matter what. The whole competition itself will take time.
I'm not trying to rush, but if this can gain enough interest soon, then we can have more time tor things like a draft.

I'm not sure if I want to have the same players on every team. Because the same 15-20 will be picked.

PowerBug

Not if you have like a 6 team league they won't be.

If a 6 team league was run and the only restriction you had was no more than x number of players from your own side (My thought was 3), then you will get a big variety in the other 12.

This would make it more appealing i think, there are so many AFL drafts going on at the moment, and combined with the CWC and just general FTP stuff, probably best to keep it simple.

Just my opinion, I would play regardless, but if I am not restricted to a draft/auction format then things will be a lot easier.