400-450k defenders.

Started by Money Shot, February 08, 2015, 12:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 08, 2015, 06:15:21 PM
Seriously, where has all this love for Lumumba come from?

Paul Roos had a Q&A and someone asked this question.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 08, 2015, 06:15:21 PM
Seriously, where has all this love for Lumumba come from?

The guy has been a mid 70's averaging player his entire career, with 1 year of 88 and all of a sudden everyone think he is going to crush it at showery Melbourne and be a premo? I just don't get the hype whatsoever

Newnes and Fisher are the only two I would consider in this price range to be good enough to go 90+ and be premo. All the others wont reach 90, so I wouldn't bother

at training Lamumba has been doing clearance work it's believed that's where Roos wants to play him you not been reading the training reports in the Melbourne board?

@fastrack no idea why you would say Seedsman and Savage are not best 22

RaisyDaisy

So he'll play the same roll he did at Collingwood while he averaged Mid 70's...

Happy to be proven wrong, but just don't get it at all

kilbluff1985

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 08, 2015, 06:22:14 PM
So he'll play the same roll he did at Collingwood while he averaged Mid 70's...

Happy to be proven wrong, but just don't get it at all

he is one of the better players at Melbourne they will look for him much more then they did at Collingwood

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 08, 2015, 06:21:39 PM
at training Lamumba has been doing clearance work it's believed that's where Roos wants to play him you not been reading the training reports in the Melbourne board?

Every year heaps of players train with the midfield group. Doesn't mean their going to play there all the time and dominate. Melbourne have a plethora of younger mids now

And Seedsman is not best 22. On the fringe of the 22

kilbluff1985

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 08, 2015, 06:24:06 PM

Every year heaps of players train with the midfield group. Doesn't mean their going to play there all the time and dominate. Melbourne have a plethora of younger mids now

don't agree on Seedsman obviously  :P

Vinny

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 08, 2015, 06:24:06 PM

Paul Roos has said himself that he will play midfield, and as KB said, he is doing clearance work and training with the midfield group. You should have read of the Melbourne training reports.

RaisyDaisy

I've read the Melbourne thread. Didn't your mother tell you not to believe everything you read :P

Like I said, I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I just think he is not going to get near 90. He played a lot of footy for Collingwood off HB and on the Wing, which I expect will be the same at Melbourne, hence not getting near 90

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 08, 2015, 06:30:53 PM
I've read the Melbourne thread. Didn't your mother tell you not to believe everything you read :P

Like I said, I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I just think he is not going to get near 90. He played a lot of footy for Collingwood off HB and on the Wing, which I expect will be the same at Melbourne, hence not getting near 90

From round 1-13 last year Harry O was averaging 88, he then went through a form slump due to the imminent divorce from the Magpies, I wouldn't read too much into his yearly average. Over that time 8 of his scores were over 90 and four were over 100, the previous year he replicated that over an entire season.

Granted he comes with some risk but 90 isn't out of the question, particularly if he starts to win clearances and more contested ball.

PowerBug

Settle down fellas, you're allowed to have different opinions :)

Question on Newnes. Who is he? What did he average last year? Which team does he even play for? These are the kind of questions you get from a person that misses out on a year of fantasy football :P

Ricochet

Lumumba is the only one locked for me, with Hurn just outside the 450k range.

Not sold on Newnes just yet after a breakout year and don't think Rampe will ever be fantasy relevant.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: PowerBug on February 08, 2015, 07:30:12 PM

nobody is unsettled  :o

Ricochet

Question on Newnes. Who is he? What did he average last year? Which team does he even play for? These are the kind of questions you get from a person that misses out on a year of fantasy football :P
Defender from Saints mate. Priced at 436k and an 81ave. Has been reported this preseason to be preparing for more midfield time this year. But imo it won't necesserily mean an increase in scoring and will cop more attention than last year

Bully

Quote from: Ricochet on February 08, 2015, 08:06:20 PM

Defender from Saints mate. Priced at 436k and an 81ave. Has been reported this preseason to be preparing for more midfield time this year. But imo it won't necesserily mean an increase in scoring and will cop more attention than last year

I think his late season form in 2014 indicates midfield duties will improve his scoring, he was second at the club for tackles so you would expect him to prosper when the packs start to develop. The most pleasing aspect about his last 6 games was the quality of the opposition, a couple of tons against Freo & Sydney and a 90+ average. The Saints also have a good run leading into the bye with only 2 finalists and only 3 interstate trips, by which stage Newnes will probably have stamped himself as a premo commodity. There's also talk about him being Lenny Hayes heir apparent, big words but the club does rate him highly.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Bully on February 08, 2015, 07:25:56 PM
From round 1-13 last year Harry O was averaging 88, he then went through a form slump due to the imminent divorce from the Magpies, I wouldn't read too much into his yearly average. Over that time 8 of his scores were over 90 and four were over 100, the previous year he replicated that over an entire season.

Granted he comes with some risk but 90 isn't out of the question, particularly if he starts to win clearances and more contested ball.

This is what it will come down to. I expect him to be playing off the wing and being an effective outside player, like he has been most of his career. Cant see him winning clearances, hard balls etc but as mentioned happy to be wrong.

Hearing that he is training with the midfield means nothing to me. Wingman train with the midfield

I'll have a strong eye on him during NAB for sure.