Malceski added to 2015 leadership

Started by Ricochet, February 06, 2015, 01:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2015-02-06/malceski-added-to-2015-leadership-group

Nick Malceski’s impact at the Gold Coast SUNS has been recognised with his teammates voting him into the club’s six-man leadership group.

The 2014 All-Australian half-back will join Gary Ablett, Michael Rischitelli, David Swallow, Dion Prestia and Tom Lynch in the leadership group.

As expected, Ablett will lead the club as captain for a fifth consecutive season.

Nige

Don't think is too much of a surprise, but good on him nonetheless. I reckon that's a really solid group they've got there. I believe Tom Lynch is the heir to the throne once GAJ moves on, apparently he's a superb leader.

nrich102

Quote from: Nige on February 06, 2015, 03:03:59 PM
I believe Tom Lynch is the heir to the throne once GAJ moves on, apparently he's a superb leader.
Yeah, Tom Lynch is the future captain of the club. iirc he was captain while Gaz was injured.

Ringo

Five V/C is a bit of an overkill imo. But suppose if they wanted Eski in the group they did not want to disappoint by dropping one.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Ringo on February 06, 2015, 05:20:52 PM
Five V/C is a bit of an overkill imo. But suppose if they wanted Eski in the group they did not want to disappoint by dropping one.

Most clubs have around 6 men in their leadership groups?