Welcome to Domestic Sixes (D6s)/General discussion thread

Started by PowerBug, January 28, 2015, 11:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Alright the 2nd post in this thread is fully updated with the info you can see in the image above. If anyone has any positions they want changed just say so at any time then we can look into doing something about it :)

PowerBug

After (not so) extensive discussion, it has been decided by the D6s board of management (Which is just me, really :P) that the position of manager at SA Wombats will no longer be held by JBs-Hawks. Reason for the termination is general inactivty and neglect of team.

From now to the end of the season I will be taking over the position as manager. The position will be discussed come the end of the season. The rest of you were messaged about this and no one voiced any major concerns to this being the case. There will be more input required from the other 7 managers regarding league decisions now, to make sure that overall we are all happy (or at least content) with the decisions made.

PowerBug

Things to discuss during off season (Or before, if people are keen):
- Squad sizes (Possible cap change) and squad makeup (E.g. is it okay if team A was to own 5 keepers or Team B to own 15 Batsmen)
- Player Poaching (as was discussed Pre-Season 1, but now we'll have some numbers to look at)
- Performance reviews for managers (Having a proper warning system in place)
- Ability to keep the same T20 Contract players without going through the auction (Like how the BBL clubs generally keep the same Internationals each season, they don't go onto an open market)
- Naming of players for T20 Trophy (Change makeup, change number)
- Home Ground Advantage for T20 Trophy (I think it's too small currently)
- Scoring systems for OD Cup and FC Shield (General inquires)
- Re-naming of franchises for T20 Trophy (Cosmetic change)
- Possible sub rule?

They are listed in order of importance according to me. Feel free to discuss now if you want. Also note that anything that changes will begin from next season. E.g if the T20 player retention comes in next season all player swill be on an open market still, then from S3 the option will be available.

PowerBug

So with 2/3 competitions completed, here is the overall club standings, which in the end will determine the best performing team for the season.

OD   T20   Total
NT   5   10   15
QLD   10   4   14
VIC   4   8   12
ACT   8   4   12
TAS   3   6   9
WA   6   1   7
NSW   2   2   4
SA   1   3   4

NT have the lead, QLD, VIC, ACT very close behind. Just for reference here is where we sit if we include the FC shield current standings:

OD   T20   FC   Total
VIC   4   8   8   20
QLD   10   4   5   19
NT   5   10   3   18
ACT   8   4   6   18
NSW   2   2   10   14
WA   6   1   4   11
TAS   3   6   1   10
SA   1   3   2   6

It's very tight for the run to the finish. With two rounds left in the shield and only 1 match seperating 8th and 4th, this can change around heaps still.

nrich102

NSW will be happy that Clarke will be making a comeback  :P

PowerBug

Quote from: nrich102 on January 31, 2016, 03:40:01 PM
NSW will be happy that Clarke will be making a comeback  :P
It's nothing more than BBL though. Not sure how this is news because this was always his plan to play cricket, it just won't be for Australia.

nrich102

Don't think he ruled out playing first class, idk tho.

Pkbaldy

- Squad sizes 16-18 and squad makeup Yes, as long as it won't go overboard
- Player Poaching If coaches didn't name players 50% of the time they played in a shield match they can be brought off that team for the price they paid for them. EG, Possums only played Tremain 3 times yet played 7 matches. Can be poached via reverse ladder waiver.
- Performance reviews for managers Yes, but nothing too bad. Lack of viable choices for coaches as is.
- Ability to keep the same T20 Contract players without going through the auction Nope, new set of players for every team, makes it more fun
- Naming of players for T20 Trophy Fine as is imo
- Home Ground Advantage for T20 Trophy Prefer if there was 0
- Scoring systems for OD Cup and FC Shield Perfectly fine
- Re-naming of franchises for T20 Trophy Most definitely, but naming each team to a rural/inland town of that state E.G Bendigo Storm (VIC) or Dubbo Miners (NSW)
- Possible sub rule? Yes, just in case a player is removed from a Shield game to play for Australia, the next EMG should come on for that player (Coach can decide weather to bring EMG on or use the half game player but in a certain time frame.

nrich102

- Squad sizes (Possible cap change) and squad makeup (E.g. is it okay if team A was to own 5 keepers or Team B to own 15 Batsmen) I don't think we need too many restrictions. Maybe a cap at 20 players and a minimum of 15 or something. Don't think theres much need to control positions.
- Player Poaching (as was discussed Pre-Season 1, but now we'll have some numbers to look at) Like what PK said there, should be resstricted to only one or 2 per team tho.
- Performance reviews for managers (Having a proper warning system in place) What PK said again. With limited interest we can't really do too much in terms of sacking people, but I'm sure there's one or 2 people who want to get involved.
- Ability to keep the same T20 Contract players without going through the auction (Like how the BBL clubs generally keep the same Internationals each season, they don't go onto an open market) I think the option to keep one t20 player season to season would work. Would have to have to have a fee attached tho of course.
- Naming of players for T20 Trophy (Change makeup, change number) I find it a bit wierd naming 8 players in a 6 player comp, but I don't see any reason other than that to change.
- Home Ground Advantage for T20 Trophy (I think it's too small currently) I don't really mind tbh
- Scoring systems for OD Cup and FC Shield (General inquires) Looks good to me
- Re-naming of franchises for T20 Trophy (Cosmetic change) Yeah I'm in with this. Don't think there should be restrictions on where teams are located though.
- Possible sub rule? Yeah, think one might be needed. Not for injuries, but for rained out games or players getting called to play for Australia like Stoinis recently. Also would have to have a time restriction on it eg if they play more than 2 days their full score counts.

Also while Im at it, when positions are looked at. Bosisto bowled 42 overs in the shield game just gone, so I think he should be an all rounder rather than a batsman.

PowerBug

Positions can be looked into changing at any time, i will make the decision unless I am undecided where it will go to a vote for the other 6 franchises (3-3 then I have to make the final call)

PowerBug

- Squad sizes (Possible cap change)
So the reason behind me thinking about reducing the cap is that it will help keep the comp equal, and avoid teams from becoming too good or too bad. There's a few players on some lists which are not really used, and it's allowing some teams to kind of hoard the excess. An example of this is Brad Haddin and Mitchell Johnson. Currently with 25 players and no position restrictions, a manager (and smart managers like BP and Scrads) are able to use up a full time contract for these players, whilst not needing to cut any other of their young talent. By reducing the max squad size, it will make giving these ex-Aussie NATs full time contracts a risk, something which it is not currently.

Thus I propose that the squad size for each team is between 12 and 18 players inclusive.

- Squad makeup (E.g. is it okay if team A was to own 5 keepers or Team B to own 15 Batsmen)
We also have a potential issue in squad balance. It mainly revolves around there not being enough keepers to go around, but can also be viewed as some franchises having an imbalanced squad, which you wouldn't see to such an extent.

I suggest that each squad shall be allowed the following:
Bats: 4-8
AR: 2-5
Keep: 1-2
Bowl: 4-8

This allows for a bit of flexibility but keeps a general balance on squads. When looking at the current squads here's a list of who breaks the previous restrictions:
TAS: 6 ARs, 0 Keep, 9 Bowl
WA: 3 Bat, 1 AR, 3 Keep
VIC: 3 Keep, 9 Bowl
NSW: 10 Bat
ACT: 3 Keep
NT: 10 Bowl
SA: 1 AR

Well done QLD I guess ;)

Any changes we make regarding the above two points will have to be met by clubs by the start of the next season, so they may trade, sign and delist as they wish, break as many cap restrictions as they like, as long as come the start of the season they are under. If they are over in any area then forced de-listings is an easy fix. If they are over then focrced signings are needed, but they will incur a fee of some kind.

So there's a start for the rest of you, let's discuss :)

nrich102

I don't feel that a cap on players per position is needed, because at the moment the only restriction on teams are 2 bowlers and 2 batsman, with All Rounders contributing as well. So really you could get away with only 3 bats. I'm not really convinced either way tho.

All for a cap on squads though, I don't think it will change to much.

BratPack

How about you take your restrictions and shove them?  :P

PowerBug

Quote from: BratPack on February 09, 2016, 03:46:37 AM
How about you take your restrictions and shove them?  :P
Would you like to make a serious post about the proposed changes? :)

Quote from: nrich102 on February 08, 2016, 09:45:00 PM
I don't feel that a cap on players per position is needed, because at the moment the only restriction on teams are 2 bowlers and 2 batsman, with All Rounders contributing as well. So really you could get away with only 3 bats. I'm not really convinced either way tho.

All for a cap on squads though, I don't think it will change to much.
As I was typing it out, I was starting to feel the same way.

Scrads

Agree to a cap on squad sizes. I think 15 or 16 works well.

Not sure a cap on squad make-up is necessary, particularly the cap on ARs seeing as they are legitimate options for both positions. Also this can be impacted by players changing positions season-to-season.