Wold Cup Fantasy

Started by nrich102, January 27, 2015, 09:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KorridorovUncertainty

Quote from: PowerBug on February 16, 2015, 10:05:50 AM
Yep, you've still got to pick the right players, something I'm not doing... How is Sulimann Benn not playing this game?! They've gone in with no frontline spinner on a slow deck far out West Indies they really do want to lose.

Wow. Did not realize he is not playing. I think I picked him in Match Mode game late last night just assuming he would play.

In the main game, (Tourament Mode) I subbed out the two India players I had yesterday for two more West Indies players.
One of them being Sammy that I made Power player. I guess that is what I got to do each game. Try to make a player power player in each game. Annoying as meant I missed doing that in first day and a bit as had it only on one player all those games.

Well done reading up about it all and working it out so quick. Hopefully you pick a few more power players well yourself.

PowerBug

Yeah yeah gotta try and have one player per game and make them your Power Player. Good pick with Sammy, I have no idea on the West Indies side and didn't want Gayle so just picked Benn as he's their only spinner and was pretty sure that he'd play...

Still, plenty of time to work it all out and finish well :)

KorridorovUncertainty

Quote from: PowerBug on February 16, 2015, 03:36:05 PM
Yeah yeah gotta try and have one player per game and make them your Power Player. Good pick with Sammy, I have no idea on the West Indies side and didn't want Gayle so just picked Benn as he's their only spinner and was pretty sure that he'd play...

Still, plenty of time to work it all out and finish well :)

Yeah, That Sammy pick helped me jump to top spot in league. Quite happy considering I was slower than most to catch on how subs and power play works. I got 38 subs. Some others on 32 , 34 and 30 subs just below me on league ladder.

KorridorovUncertainty

Forgot to change my team this morning for NZ game and also had no power player. Doh!!!

PowerBug

I did it again. Traded in Kemar Roach only for him to not play.... And I am now watching Jerome Taylor destroy.

PowerBug

Starting to score some points finally, just need to hit big on a PP and things will be good again. :) four players now, 6 tomorrow.

PowerBug

So I've just planned out my transfers on paper until the start of the 2nd Stage :P Between now and the end of the 21st match, assuming everyone plays I'll have: 6, 4, 3, 5, 3, 7, 4, 6 players play in each match :o Hopefully that'll see me rise up the rankings a lot...

Just got a good feeling that this is going to work out perfectly :o

Rusty00

Wow, I cannot believe how much my foxsports team has stunk this round!

Williamson - 19
Warner - 0
Amla - 31
Misbah Ul-haq - 7
Taylor - -20
Dilshan (C) - -20 (-40)
C Anderson - 11
Sangakarra - 7
M Johnson 0
Tahir - 59
Finn - -10

Grand Total of 64 points with Taylor and Finn's scores today to come :'(

The scoring is similar to the other comp you are guys are playing I think but as a guide I scored 918 in Rd.1 which was only good for a rank of 4,107.

PowerBug

Damn man, that sucks. I have Ali PP today :D

fan_king

Am is missing something?

some teams have crazy scores with like 20 subs left..... am i missing something?
I did a bit of tinkering and locked in a power player and during the game i swapped it to another player and got their double points instead of the original player. Ie a had Sangakara for as captain..... he got out early so i changed my captain to amla and got his points, shouldn't sangakaras points been locked in?

I had ian bell power player today and i just changed it to moeen ali (wonder what will  happen) i have a sneaky feeling i will end up with ali score instead of bell which is kind of silly.

PowerBug

No, teams are locked once a ball is bowled. Every subsequent change is for upcoming matches. So I turned my PP Ali to Samuels just then because Samuels plays the next game. Those top sides have either burnt trades or are very good.

fan_king

ok so if i picked ian bell as captain and then after ali made his 100 i change it to him i will get his points?

PowerBug

Quote from: fan_king on February 23, 2015, 02:36:52 PM
ok so if i picked ian bell as captain and then after ali made his 100 i change it to him i will get his points?
You made Bell captain for the match, so you get his score doubled. If you had Ali in your team pre-match you'll get his points too, you can't change captains for the current match mid game though.

Go to the 'Live' section on the tabs accross the top, you'll how who is scoring you points and where there. :)

fan_king

thank you very much guys. Ranked in the 8000s after a bad start 24 subs left

fan_king

sorry make that low 5000s after a bad start