Wold Cup Fantasy

Started by nrich102, January 27, 2015, 09:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Oh wait, I do have Maxwell. I lost Finch and got Ballance. eh, Ballance will make runs :P

eagles929406

im not sure how i got 790 points but i'll take it   8)

Rusty00

Had Finn as 12th man in the Foxsports comp ::)

KorridorovUncertainty

Can someone please explain why i see some teams with 36 subs, 38, 40 and 41.
I thought you could not change your team in the day once NZ game started ?
Confused. I thought we would all still be on 42 ?
Does it mean the person on 36 subs has changed 6 players from his team after the Australia v England game was over ?

Had Faulkner power player before yesterday. Had to remove him before the Cup started and made Williamson power player.
Had no Finch or Finn. Did not crack the 1000 score but not the worst start, all things considered.

eagles929406

Quote from: KorridorovUncertainty on February 15, 2015, 01:53:49 AM
Does it mean the person on 36 subs has changed 6 players from his team after the Australia v England game was over ?

Had Faulkner power player before yesterday. Had to remove him before the Cup started and made Williamson power player.
Had no Finch or Finn. Did not crack the 1000 score but not the worst start, all things considered.

you can change ya team once a game starts to get ready for the next match, so after nz/srliank game started you could change ya side for the aussie match, then once that started some people have changed their side for the southaf match in morning already, that is all

PowerBug

You can change your team at any time. 42 subs from the beginning of the tournament, to the end of the 21st match. Then unlimited between the 21st and 22nd match, and 42 more between the 22nd and 42nd match :)

So those with less subs have already used some. You can make subs whilst a match is live, it won't save for that match though, but it will for the next.

I'm sitting alright I feel 780 points, Morkel and De Villiers in the early match, Shehzad and Afridi for the late match. Can't really gauge where I sit relative to other scorers as the leaderboard is skewed to those that had all NZ and SL players, then turned them all to Eng and Aus players, so they have 31 subs and won't stay there for long :P

KorridorovUncertainty

Quote from: PowerBug on February 15, 2015, 10:01:25 AM

You can change your team at any time. 42 subs from the beginning of the tournament, to the end of the 21st match. Then unlimited between the 21st and 22nd match, and 42 more between the 22nd and 42nd match :)

So those with less subs have already used some. You can make subs whilst a match is live, it won't save for that match though, but it will for the next.

I'm sitting alright I feel 780 points, Morkel and De Villiers in the early match, Shehzad and Afridi for the late match. Can't really gauge where I sit relative to other scorers as the leaderboard is skewed to those that had all NZ and SL players, then turned them all to Eng and Aus players, so they have 31 subs and won't stay there for long :P
So you are saying remove Aussie players in next day or two and replace with teams coming up and then put them back when Australia play again. Am I understanding correctly how I need to use SUBS ?

PowerBug

Quote from: KorridorovUncertainty on February 15, 2015, 02:16:22 PM

So you are saying remove Aussie players in next day or two and replace with teams coming up and then put them back when Australia play again. Am I understanding correctly how I need to use SUBS ?
Ok, only because I'm nice and have mapped all this out in advance, let me show a few things:

In the first 21 matches you get 42 subs, so only looking at that portion:
New Zealand play matches 1,6,9, 20
Australia 2, 11, 20
England 2, 9, 14
West Indies 5, 10, 15, 19
Pakistan 4, 10
Zimbabwe 3, 8, 15
Bangladesh 7, 11, 18

So by looking at this, it makes perfect sense to own as many NZ players early, as they play 3 times, and as for the Australia case, England play again before them, Pakistan play twice before they do, West Indies play twice before they do, and twice between Australia's 2nd and 3rd games. Bangladesh also have two games in the same time Australia has one.

So yes, trade out the Aussie players is what I'm saying. I turned Maxwell to Afridi today, I plan to get Maxwell back, but also wary that I can't overload my Pakistani players otherwise I will use up trades taking them out after game 10, so I only have 2. I will definitely be looking at trading in 2 West Indians, but then obviously play quality has to come into it, and I think they won't make the top 4 and lose tomorrow, so idk about bringing in too many.

Definitely loading on Kiwis was the way to go, I had 4, but McClenaghan didn't play... :(

Nige

Rahane never got sent in to bat, India pls.  :(

PowerBug

Morkel as my PP for Match 3, got lucky with him taking a c & b at the end there. Also de Villiers so that was nice as he did very well in the field. :)

In Match 4 Shehzad batting, but Afridi my PP :\

KorridorovUncertainty

Quote from: PowerBug on February 15, 2015, 05:42:36 PM
Quote from: KorridorovUncertainty on February 15, 2015, 02:16:22 PM

Ok, only because I'm nice and have mapped all this out in advance, let me show a few things:

In the first 21 matches you get 42 subs, so only looking at that portion:
New Zealand play matches 1,6,9, 20
Australia 2, 11, 20
England 2, 9, 14
West Indies 5, 10, 15, 19
Pakistan 4, 10
Zimbabwe 3, 8, 15
Bangladesh 7, 11, 18

So by looking at this, it makes perfect sense to own as many NZ players early, as they play 3 times, and as for the Australia case, England play again before them, Pakistan play twice before they do, West Indies play twice before they do, and twice between Australia's 2nd and 3rd games. Bangladesh also have two games in the same time Australia has one.

So yes, trade out the Aussie players is what I'm saying. I turned Maxwell to Afridi today, I plan to get Maxwell back, but also wary that I can't overload my Pakistani players otherwise I will use up trades taking them out after game 10, so I only have 2. I will definitely be looking at trading in 2 West Indians, but then obviously play quality has to come into it, and I think they won't make the top 4 and lose tomorrow, so idk about bringing in too many.

Definitely loading on Kiwis was the way to go, I had 4, but McClenaghan didn't play... :(

Ok, thanks for the tips mate but do not be too nice because I see I am sitting second in our league and only used two subs so far. I swapped Bell for Rahane and Williamson for Kohli and put Kohli as power player which paid off.
Probably should not have subbed out Williamson give what you just typed but will learn and adapt as I go along. I see I did not remove any Aussies players but only did my subs in a rush before India took to field and missed the earlier game in morning.

PowerBug

Yep, you've still got to pick the right players, something I'm not doing... How is Sulimann Benn not playing this game?! They've gone in with no frontline spinner on a slow deck far out West Indies they really do want to lose.

The_Captain

how the eff do the subs work in this game? I thught it was just choose a team for group stages... then for quarters, then semi etc.

Is their rounds or gameweeks in this? Or is it just sub out a player who has just played and get in one who is about to?

PowerBug

Your last line is correct.

They do explain all this in the rules ;)

The_Captain

Quote from: PowerBug on February 16, 2015, 11:47:11 AM
Your last line is correct.

They do explain all this in the rules ;)

hahaha yeah aint no body got time for dat.

I like the foxsports one better. Locks it until next game week then lets you transfer.