Wold Cup Fantasy

Started by nrich102, January 27, 2015, 09:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

First Post  ;)

https://fantasy.icc-cricket.com/

League Code: 6598. Think the leagues are unlimited and ranked on total points, so no more leagues will be required.

Looks interesting this comp, no real restrictions on who you can select position wise. Also the scoring is a bit different to the Big Bash system, but it makes the system pretty clear.

PowerBug

So AB de Villiers costs $110k, all alone as the most expensive player. Watson, al Hasan, Kohli, Dhoni, McCullum, Afridi, Sangakkara, Gayle all $105k

And there's DPP players :o

And Gary Ballance is England's outright lowest priced player at $65k. That is insulting however I will get a nice bargain that no one else will >:D

PowerBug

Took a while to settle on who to pick as my first player, big decision that, base the rest of the team around the guy. I went with Jimmy Anderson. Now to find some bargains :D

PowerBug

Put together a full team now. I like the trading system very much. It does favour the no-lifer who can get on every day however :)

Pkbaldy

Any of these guys no chance to play?
Rahane
Amla
Bell
Warner
Williamson
Smith
K O'Brien
de Billiers
Parnell
Anderson
Finn

PowerBug

Quote from: Pkbaldy on January 28, 2015, 03:40:49 PM
Any of these guys no chance to play?
Rahane
Amla
Bell
Warner
Williamson
Smith
K O'Brien
de Billiers
Parnell
Anderson
Finn
South Africa's Wayne Parnell is a fringe player. I assume that is de Villiers, not de Billiers? :P Rahane I assume is in the XI still when Rohit Sharma returns. Other than that everyone is first team.

PowerMan

Jayawardene (SL)
Gutpil (NZ)
Finch (AUS)
Rahane (IND)
S Smith (AUS)
AB De Villiers (SA)
B McCullum (NZ)
V Philander (SA)
M Johnson (AUS)
T Southee (NZ)
M Irfan (PAK)

KorridorovUncertainty

Joined.

By the way, if any of your want to play an auction style game based on World Cup players I am starting one on another fantasy footy site on Friday.
First player up for auction is Morne Morkel.
The unique part is you don't own a team on your own but play with one or two other members creating a squad via auctions the run over two weeks in lead up to the World Cup starting.
I actually need a partner to bid with me for my own squad as some of the times players are auctioned I will not be around.
If you seriously interested and regularly free on evening or nights they are the times I will struggle to be live in certain auction sessions.

Private message me if your very interested but keep in mind I'm not running it on this site so it means also being a member over there too to play in it.

Anyway going to enjoy the ICC game and auction game at same time whilst World Cup is run. Should be a lot of fun.

RiOtChEsS

PowerBug

Surely there's more than 10 of us that will be following the WC! Sign up peeps!

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on February 04, 2015, 02:17:11 PM
I'll probably do it some time this week.

Rusty00

Quote from: PowerBug on February 04, 2015, 02:17:11 PM
I'm trying to lay-off new fantasy comps for a bit until the AFL season starts. Having said that I probably won't be able to help myself and sign up ::) :P

The_Captain

Quote from: PowerBug on January 27, 2015, 11:52:29 PM
So AB de Villiers costs $110k, all alone as the most expensive player. Watson, al Hasan, Kohli, Dhoni, McCullum, Afridi, Sangakkara, Gayle all $105k

And Gary Ballance is England's outright lowest priced player at $65k. That is insulting however I will get a nice bargain that no one else will >:D

Dont waste the 65k PB  ::)

PowerBug

Quote from: The_Captain on February 04, 2015, 02:31:47 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on January 27, 2015, 11:52:29 PM

Dont waste the 65k PB  ::)
Unless it looks like he's going to play, then of course I'm not going to pick him ;) If he plays though... straight in and Power Player.

The_Captain

hahaha PB. Would be a handy buy. not many cheap options out there!!!

Im in now. Mr World Wide!

Smith
Finch
Warner
Johnson... AUs players.

Then got
De villers.
Mccullmums x 2
Herath
Phillander
Ali
Williamson.