Swans can trade

Started by kilbluff1985, January 21, 2015, 10:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

So had this come in last year then we would have signed patful

My Chumps

Quote from: tabs on January 23, 2015, 05:17:33 PM
That's why it came in originally though; it was a knee-jerk reaction to the influx of players wanting to/coming to play for us.

j959

Quote from: My Chumps on January 25, 2015, 05:19:50 PM
That's why it came in originally though; it was a knee-jerk reaction to the influx of players wanting to/coming to play for us.
I don't want to claim 'persecution' but the AFL doesn't bat an eyelid when Frawley wanted to go to Hawthorn ...  ::)

SydneyRox

Quote from: j959 on January 28, 2015, 01:09:44 PM
I don't want to claim 'persecution' but Eddie doesn't bat an eyelid when Frawley wanted to go to Hawthorn ...  ::)

Fixed

My Chumps

Quote from: j959 on January 28, 2015, 01:09:44 PM
I don't want to claim 'persecution' but the AFL doesn't bat an eyelid when Frawley wanted to go to Hawthorn ...  ::)
Yeah, and to a lesser extent O'Rourke.

Don't get me wrong, the whole thing is absolute bullshower haha.

meow meow

You clowns didn't even have the space in the cap to retain Biggs even after Malceski leaving. How on earth were you going to sign Patful?

The trade ban is bullshower, but it's not like you would have been able to go on a spending spree if there was no ban.

j959

Quote from: meow meow on January 28, 2015, 01:41:27 PM
You clowns didn't even have the space in the cap to retain Biggs even after Malceski leaving. How on earth were you going to sign Patful?

The trade ban is bullshower, but it's not like you would have been able to go on a spending spree if there was no ban.
agree with you mm on the financial side, but the ban was and still is the height of sh*teness ...

SydneyRox

Quote from: j959 on January 28, 2015, 01:56:52 PM

agree with you mm on the financial side, but the ban was and still is the height of sh*teness ...

This. Who knows what we could have achieved? Our hands we ties for players like Biggs and Membrey

Capper

I thinkthat whole thing about not being able to re-sign Biggs is bullshower. We could have signed him on as we used a nat pick for his spot.

They got riud off Biggs to make room in the cap not because they couldnt afford to keep him

Capper

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 28, 2015, 02:44:48 PM

This. Who knows what we could have achieved? Our hands we ties for players like Biggs and Membrey
Membrey was always going to go to Saints for more game time just like Lamb did last year. And that worked out well for Lamb, didnt it!! (sarcastic)

SydneyRox

Quote from: tabs on January 28, 2015, 03:29:58 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on January 28, 2015, 02:44:48 PM

Membrey was always going to go to Saints for more game time just like Lamb did last year. And that worked out well for Lamb, didnt it!! (sarcastic)

yeah, but if we could have been allowed to trade in a player it might have been better served for us. Could have given them Biggs as well!

As it stood we had zero negotiation available to us.