Peptides FC 2015

Started by AaronKirk, January 21, 2015, 02:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronKirk

I am here in the darkside  :o

Decided to have a crack at AF in 2015. All feedback is encouraged. Please let me know where I am going wrong  :)

Cash left: $36,000

nrich102

Nice team mate, can't really see where you're going wrong at all. Maybe look at picking someone else rather then Bennell, rather inconsistent for my liking.

R.Griffen

Quote from: nrich102 on January 21, 2015, 08:34:48 AM
Nice team mate, can't really see where you're going wrong at all. Maybe look at picking someone else rather then Bennell, rather inconsistent for my liking.

Bennell has the 2 worst teams in the first 2 rounds keep him there I loaded up on Suns

The_Captain

Quote from: R.Griffen on January 21, 2015, 10:23:51 AM

Bennell has the 2 worst teams in the first 2 rounds keep him there I loaded up on Suns

That' all well and good. but does he have a history of scoring big against those 2 sides? Some players score sh1t against the sh1t sides and good against the good sides. ALl depends man.

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: The_Captain on January 21, 2015, 12:13:41 PM

That' all well and good. but does he have a history of scoring big against those 2 sides? Some players score sh1t against the sh1t sides and good against the good sides. ALl depends man.
Spot on Noto, Dt Talk have done some good articles about how the top players play against top and bottom opposition.

Now to the team, can't really fault the players picked its more a question of structure which at this point in the pre season is mostly down to preference. How confident are you in having 5 midfield rookies with 3 of them on the field?

AaronKirk

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on January 21, 2015, 02:21:47 PM
Quote from: The_Captain on January 21, 2015, 12:13:41 PM

Spot on Noto, Dt Talk have done some good articles about how the top players play against top and bottom opposition.

Now to the team, can't really fault the players picked its more a question of structure which at this point in the pre season is mostly down to preference. How confident are you in having 5 midfield rookies with 3 of them on the field?

For structure IMO need to go with the 3 mid rookies on field. Need the cash generation, which as we know tends to be the best in the midfield.

AaronKirk

So should I downgrade Mummy to Kreuzer and then upgrade one of my mid rookies to Rich?

Or Leave the team as is till NAB?

Smileys Bruisres

How do i post a screen shot of my team?

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: Smileys Bruisres on January 22, 2015, 12:45:35 AM
How do i post a screen shot of my team?
You can either attach it or upload it to an image hosting site and use the Insert Image feature where you post by copy pasting the link from the image into the caption box.

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: AaronKirk on January 21, 2015, 10:57:10 PM
So should I downgrade Mummy to Kreuzer and then upgrade one of my mid rookies to Rich?

Perhaps keep Mummy in for Kreuz for now and keep your team like that for a bit and when you really need a player and you don't have the cash then switch them.

AaronKirk

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on January 22, 2015, 01:23:47 AM
Quote from: AaronKirk on January 21, 2015, 10:57:10 PM

Perhaps keep Mummy in for Kreuz for now and keep your team like that for a bit and when you really need a player and you don't have the cash then switch them.

I agree.

I think I will sit on this side for a while.

AaronKirk

BUMP

This is what I have come up with, with a couple of days until round one hits. Fairly happy with it. Rookies subject to change but the ones selected look likely to play.

Thought or comments? Anywhere to improve?

Thanks in advance

AaronKirk

So yeah, My team isn't much good  :( but at least my rank is improving each week.

A summary of where I sit below

My trades so far:
Round 2: Rocky to Treloar, Cripps to Van Berlo
Round 3: Ablett to Heppell, Goodes to Oxley

Below is my current team. I currently have $123,000 in the kitty

Wallis has to go. Will probably downgrade him to Krakouer. Leaves me with $318k.

Dunno what to do with a second trade. Need to get Lewis into my mids. Maybe another downgrade this week and Lewis in next week?

Any thoughts? All are appreciated.

Money

Mate if the Wallis trade leaves you with 318k then I'd trade one of Rich or Van Berlo to Lewis ASAP!

Edit: oh Jesus I didn't realise Lewis was 680k  :o maybe upgrade Bennel to a keeper this week and then another downgrade like you mentioned and bring Lewis next!

AaronKirk

I thought I would update this. A summary of my scores and trades below

Round 2: Rocky to Treloar, Cripps to Van Berlo
Round 3: Ablett to Heppell, Goodes to Oxley
Round 4: Wallis to Krakouer, Bellchambers to Jacobs
Round 5: Van Berlo to Glenn, Newton to Mundy

Scored 2056 last week and I am slowly moving in the right direction. Bennell is out this week  >:( but I don't have either of Lewis or Hodge in AF (I do in DT) so hopefully this will help my gradual climb up the rankings (which has improved every week - albeit not as much as  I would have liked)

Trades were hard to think of this week. Only has 2k in the bank and need to look at byes.

Decided on Salem to McInnes and Hogan to Betts. Eddie is averaging 91 and has a soft draw ahead cumulating with more time up the ground I think (and hope) he could be a decent POD option.