Main Menu

List of Free Agents

Started by PowerBug, January 20, 2015, 02:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

That sounds good PB...

But there's no chance of me missing out on Burnsy  ;)

JBs-Hawks

Good strategy saying that, so we can make you overpay for him ;)

nrich102

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 28, 2015, 09:31:56 PM
Good strategy saying that, so we can make you overpay for him ;)
True, will really hurt when he's on international duty all the time and won't be playing shield.

PowerBug

Alright, we'll go with that then. I think I will be able to send out clarification PMs by the end of the weekend, and then we could open the first one on Monday.

nrich102

Sounds good PB.

Just one thing though, who will be getting which team?

PowerBug

Quote from: nrich102 on January 28, 2015, 09:52:11 PM
Sounds good PB.

Just one thing though, who will be getting which team?
I've sorted all that out and written it down somewhere :) You'll find out soon enough

nrich102

Scrads

Question: does the team who has the leading bid get told they have the leading bid? Example:

I bid on Joe Bloggs 30,000. No other bids.

PB announces Joe Bloggs' leading bid is in the 0-100,000 range.

If I don't know whether I'm the leading bid or not, I could panic and 'outbid myself' if you know what I mean?

PowerBug

Quote from: Scrads on February 01, 2015, 05:49:15 PM
Question: does the team who has the leading bid get told they have the leading bid? Example:

If I don't know whether I'm the leading bid or not, I could panic and 'outbid myself' if you know what I mean?
I wasn't going to tell anyone who leading the bidder is.

Scrads

Quote from: PowerBug on February 01, 2015, 06:58:57 PM

So in that scenario above, if I then make another bid will that out-bid myself if no-one else bids? Or will I just get him for the lower bid due to no one else bidding?

PowerBug

Quote from: Scrads on February 01, 2015, 07:04:34 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on February 01, 2015, 06:58:57 PM

So in that scenario above, if I then make another bid will that out-bid myself if no-one else bids? Or will I just get him for the lower bid due to no one else bidding?
Hmmm, good question. I'm going to say, the player will be given to you since no one else was interested, however you will pay for the higher bid.

JBs-Hawks

PowerBug

That's right, I knew I had a reason. I am not revealing who has the leading bid to everyone because it may result in people being biased as to whether they choose to outbid or not. E.g. I want to piss of nrich so he doesn't get Burns, but realising that he is the leading bid, I may outbid just for the sake of it.

However, maybe sending each team a private message after the round so say "You are leading the bidding on the following players" might be a good idea.

Scrads

Quote from: PowerBug on February 01, 2015, 09:25:34 PM
That's right, I knew I had a reason. I am not revealing who has the leading bid to everyone because it may result in people being biased as to whether they choose to outbid or not. E.g. I want to piss of nrich so he doesn't get Burns, but realising that he is the leading bid, I may outbid just for the sake of it.

However, maybe sending each team a private message after the round so say "You are leading the bidding on the following players" might be a good idea.

I agree with this, otherwise teams may waste bids (and money) on players they already are leading.

PowerBug

Starting to think about it, that seems a fair idea yeah