Nige

Ricochet

Hopefully he can do a Walters, for his sake and the clubs

elephants

I feel like I'm probably in better shape than Sylvia haha

valkorum

Quote from: Ricochet on February 06, 2015, 09:41:27 AM
Hopefully he can do a Walters, for his sake and the clubs

I hope so too.... but I am not confident about it.

Purple 77

This guy always had a "I'm too good to play at melbourne" sorta feel to him, and I'm not at all surprised that he struggles at a good club.

As I said at the time, the day that Sylvia left... I haven't been that happy since Cale went to West Coast  :P

valkorum

Quote from: Purple 77 on February 06, 2015, 11:36:02 AM
This guy always had a "I'm too good to play at melbourne" sorta feel to him, and I'm not at all surprised that he struggles at a good club.

As I said at the time, the day that Sylvia left... I haven't been that happy since Cale went to West Coast  :P

He struggles at Peel and they arent a good club - would have been a close match between Melbourne and Peel last year.

Kellogscrunchynut

QuoteSylvia also left Fremantle's 2014 best and fairest count in November last year early, after falling ill in the lobby of Perth's Crown Hotel.
Hmm. ::)

Ricochet

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/fremantle-reviews-recruiting-after-exiling-colin-sylvia-to-local-league-20150206-137spf.html

Fremantle are reviewing their recruiting processes after having banished former Melbourne star Colin Sylvia to WAFL club Peel Thunder for failing to meet the club's expectations about his fitness and preparation for the pre-season campaign.

Sylvia, 29, played just six games for the Dockers last year in his first season for the club after being picked up as a free agent on a three-year deal reported to be worth $1.2 million. And a disappointed senior coach Ross Lyon on Friday said the latest chapter in a 163-game career littered with fines and suspensions for indiscretions and poor attitude would force the club into a re-think about its recruiting policies.

"We've got to go back and work through our process of decision-making and research and reference to make sure that we get it right in the future. That's the real opportunity here," Lyon said.

"What didn't we see to tell us that this outcome would occur? So myself, [football manager] Chris Bond, (list manager) Brad Lloyd and [chief executive] Steve Rosich are working through our whole process of talent identification and bringing people into our club, because it's really important. When you see what Nick Dal Santo has done for North Melbourne, or Danyle Pearce has done for us or Brian Lake has done for Hawthorn, we're trying to get outcomes like that. And we haven't derived that outcome."

Capper

Bye bye Col.

Freo havent had much luck with trading in fwds

Ricochet

Quote from: tabs on February 06, 2015, 01:14:33 PM
Bye bye Col.

Freo havent had much luck with trading in fwds
Yeh we haven't. Although Syliva is the only one that has cost us. The others we have grabbed cheaply

valkorum

I never had a problem with the Gumbleton pickup.  It was always a risky proposition and we only gave away pick 50'ish for him.  If it paid off it would have been a masterstroke.

Nige