Main Menu

Chubby Col.

Started by anchorman, January 13, 2015, 01:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anchorman

Seems that Colin Sylvia came back from the break bearing a new spare tyre. Skin folds not in the right place. LOL.
I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in RTBs office when he addressed Sylvia. I bet they had the painters in the next day to repaint the office as the spittle would have been acid enough to remove all the paint.
This venture has been a total disaster.
Looks like a wasted year at Peel for Sylvia... or will he spit the dummy and want to back home.
If he goes back home... are we able to elevate another rookie? Would that allow Ballard to be elevated?

Capper

Freo havent had any luck with forwards moving over there have they

anchorman

None what so ever, but I think this guys problem is himself. I think the others at least had a go and just couldn't cut the mustard, but this guy just seems to think it is a holiday for him being here.
I am not sure that even Peel would want him with his attitude.

elephants

Got a source for this man?

GoLions

Quote from: anchorman on January 13, 2015, 06:06:49 PM
I think the others at least had a go and just couldn't cut the mustard, but this guy just seems to think it is a holiday for him being here.
I think he ate all the mustard

valkorum

No definitive source for the skin folds but lots of talk about them not being good.  From all the training reports I have read he has been doing lots of running drills - so take out of that what you will.

Edit: Also hearing he has had an ankle issue.

anchorman

Quote from: elephants on January 13, 2015, 09:23:13 PM
Got a source for this man?
On one of the news bulletins last night or the night before.

nrich102

I think that this whole deal has turned out really well... For Sylvia :P

He's getting paid sh!t loads of money for doing nothing. I would definitely do that!

anchorman

If we delist him, as or send him back to Melbourne, are we allowed to elevate a rookie? Or is elevation only for LTI?

kilbluff1985

Quote from: anchorman on January 15, 2015, 01:39:09 AM
If we delist him, as or send him back to Melbourne, are we allowed to elevate a rookie? Or is elevation only for LTI?

good question common sense says yes but not sure

valkorum

Found this little tid-bit in a training report

QuoteColin Sylvia was also absent, despite running freely before Christmas. The 28-year-old had ankle surgery during the off-season to correct soft tissue issues in his calf that he suffered late last season.

"Co's had a couple of setbacks with his rehab over the off-season and then into the pre-season period," Barlow said.

"He's one who's not too far away. The ankle itself has been quite good. I think it's just the rest of the body adapting to the surgery. He's going as well as everyone else in rehab and hopefully he'll step back into the main group quite quickly."

valkorum

A comment from a trusted source who was at training.

QuoteI spoke to a couple of the assistants about Sylvia and he has re injured the same ankle that was operated on hence the lack of pace and extra weight gained .
At this stage he is not expected to be up to full fitness until round 10 of this season . The assistants said it was a devastating blow to him since he has had high expectations of being available to play from round 1 .

Ricochet

Very disappointing. Was expecting big things from him under Ross but things haven't gone his way at all.
At least he has 2 more years on his contract to prove himself

Ozi_Batla

Ricochet

Won't be surprised if we release him at the end of this year