Main Menu

i5s General Discussion

Started by Holz, January 07, 2015, 11:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Im in favour of a 48 team draft :o  the 48 placed gets first and then forth! The Premier gets the 48th pick hen the last placed gets the 49th. Next year of course

will do two things

1. allow for equality after teams rape others via the trades
2. allow for equality with those drafts that maybe weren't as high a standard as others
3. keeps the competition even as teams draft and trade away, with the win/losses they get, the comp will remain fairly equal next year :)

upthemaidens

Quote from: Ringo on January 07, 2015, 02:00:06 PM
Agree with Dazz here and have seen it in drafts where coaches work in collusion to get players they want either by direct drafting or arrangement with other coaches.

If we are to trade then I would be in favour of a minimum squad of 12 and maximum of 20 which I think would be fair and allowing for multiple trades if need be.

I too would like to see what the rules will be for draft allocations next year.  Has to be random again to be fair to all.
Well if we can't trust Coaches not to cheat/collude, then that should be a good enough reason not to have trading at all.

nrich102

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 07, 2015, 02:05:07 PM
Im in favour of a 48 team draft :o  the 48 placed gets first and then forth! The Premier gets the 48th pick hen the last placed gets the 49th. Next year of course

will do two things

2. allow for equality with those drafts that maybe weren't as high a standard as others
3. keeps the competition even as teams draft and trade away, with the win/losses they get, the comp will remain fairly equal next year :)
The thing is though, that a 48 team draft would take forever.

upthemaidens

Quote from: nrich102 on January 07, 2015, 02:06:46 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on January 07, 2015, 02:05:07 PM

will do two things

The thing is though, that a 48 team draft would take forever.
Haha Have you seen Draft#3? that's just 8 teams and it's as slow as slow.. 48 teams  ::) bugger that

Nige

Yeah, based on how long some of these drafts are taking, I don't think a 48 team draft is ever gonna be an option.

We'll be dead and buried by the time it's done.  :P

tbagrocks

How do you think is the best way for Oz to organize the drafting for next season, including the 2015 AFL national draft?

Would have to lottery the teams to divisions or something?

The AFL ND players becomes even trickier, I wouldn't even have one, and those kids can enter into the 2016 player pool draft

nrich102

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 07, 2015, 02:14:26 PM
How do you think is the best way for Oz to organize the drafting for next season, including the 2015 AFL national draft?

Would have to lottery the teams to divisions or something?

The AFL ND players becomes even trickier, I wouldn't even have one, and those kids can enter into the 2016 player pool draft
I think there will just be the one draft, with all the players in it.

SydneyRox

You would have to wait until next years afl team lists are finalised before arranging the draft so the 2015 Nat and Rookie drafts are already done, players are on the lists.
It will be interesting once we get to the keeper stage, surely teams are unlikely to keep a heeney, brayshaw or petracca over a 90+scoring player? Unless they are trying to win the comp in 2020

Nige

Yeah, there probably won't be Nat drafts like XVs since we're only retaining 3 every year, they'll just go into the pool to be picked with everyone else.

upthemaidens

Surely it will be the same as what we are doing now.  Keep 3 players from your 2014 squad, then the rest go back into the player pool.
  Next season we draft a new batch of 13 players from a different three AFL Clubs.

tbagrocks

The drafting for next season could go back to the divisions. The last from Each Div gets the first pick, drafts from AFL club player pool go back to random?

SydneyRox

Quote from: upthemaidens on January 07, 2015, 02:25:39 PM
Surely it will be the same as what we are doing now.  Keep 3 players from your 2014 squad, then the rest go back into the player pool.
  Next season we draft a new batch of 13 players from a different three AFL Clubs.

Agree, but do we seed the teams? So the people who get knocked out first have higher picks than the ones who make the finals?

The 2016 talent pool is dropping by the best 150 players in 2015(give or take), so giving the 'weaker' teams some help is probably better

upthemaidens

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 07, 2015, 02:33:21 PM

Agree, but do we seed the teams? So the people who get knocked out first have higher picks than the ones who make the finals?

The 2016 talent pool is dropping by the best 150 players in 2015(give or take), so giving the 'weaker' teams some help is probably better
No I think it should just be random, not seeded. Each Season Squads will be different(barring the 3 we keep).
    So there is no real need to Seed the teams every year.

Holz

Quote from: upthemaidens on January 07, 2015, 02:38:26 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on January 07, 2015, 02:33:21 PM

No I think it should just be random, not seeded. Each Season Squads will be different(barring the 3 we keep).
    So there is no real need to Seed the teams every year.

the weak teams need some advantage.

for teams that have young 115+ players, how are teams with their best player being 95 ever supposed to close the gap?

for example

Hibberd 91
Dahlous 90
Mcevoy 90

v

Rocky 132
Shiel 95
Smith 91

JBs-Hawks

Nah needs to be seeded otherwise no keepers allowed.