Main Menu

S26: Youth Competition

Started by Spinking, January 04, 2015, 04:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinking

Will close off entries there and will send out the invites in a minute. Good luck to all!

JBs-Hawks

Glad my main made it into div 1 as it rates 10k lower then my affiliate but because of bowler types it is actually a stronger side and sits 2-0 in head to heads

CrowsFan

So is div 2 ever getting made?

JBs-Hawks

Torpedo10

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 25, 2015, 12:49:02 PM
#howisTorpinDiv1
I may have forgotten to set orders.  :P :-[

As I did with my Mains OD match.

I rate 100k fill strength.

PowerBug

How you don't have default orders is ridiculous and lazy considering you are so active. Get off the Transfer Market looking for players you are never going to buy and focus on improving the squad you own.

AFEV

Quote from: PowerBug on January 25, 2015, 07:09:21 PM
How you don't have default orders is ridiculous and lazy considering you are so active. Get off the Transfer Market looking for players you are never going to buy and focus on improving the squad you own.
In light of this vicious burn, I have prepared 2 standard responses for everyone to use whenever Torp is interested in a player...

'Torp, that player is not Scottish, pull out now or in 3 days when you decide he is not worth whatever bid he has attracted.'
'Torp, that player is Scottish, bid twice the reasonable price and justify it using the little flag that displays next to his name.'

Would save you so much time stalking players you will never buy Torpy. :)

...Also while we're whacking Torp around, 5 stars and no suitcases.. ;)

PowerBug

And now as a mod of this forum I should probably be warning myself for making a semi-personal attack on Torp, and not keeping the banter FTP-related :P

Nah nice one Ax, one of his stars, Malinga, will be part of the squad next season. NBB medium, *drools*

AFEV

None of it is malicious obvs, and yeah I would think he will have a few going on tour in the next season or so.

Much to my surprise I have gotten mail on Clarke, Dank and Ma in the past (last season or so in game), surprising given they're all so old - you'd think managers would have gotten onto it sooner. I don't actually think any of them will make it...

Back on topic though, I should probably join this next time around. My affiliate might go okay.

Nails

R. Dundas (lfs) 3-0-15-0, S. Datta 22 (27b), A. Black 33 (58b)
End of over 21 (2 runs) - New Jersey Devils(82-2). 65 runs required from 19 overs. RR 3.90 RRR 3.42

Spink's hopes are over.

Now myself, Colli and JB undefeated in the top 3.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Nails on February 01, 2015, 02:17:38 AM
End of over 21 (2 runs) - New Jersey Devils(82-2). 65 runs required from 19 overs. RR 3.90 RRR 3.42

Spink's hopes are over.

only one team staying undefeated in this comp and its JB.

Nails

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 08, 2015, 07:32:26 PM
Quote from: Nails on February 01, 2015, 02:17:38 AM

Spink's hopes are over.

only one team staying undefeated in this comp and its JB.

Yeah not setting orders and having 3 spinners play on a green wrecked my chances last night. I normally beat valk too :(

Colliwobblers

IS there a youth team in the entire ftp as good as his ?

Shaggy

Quote from: AFEV on January 26, 2015, 12:50:33 AM
None of it is malicious obvs, and yeah I would think he will have a few going on tour in the next season or so.

Much to my surprise I have gotten mail on Clarke, Dank and Ma in the past (last season or so in game), surprising given they're all so old - you'd think managers would have gotten onto it sooner. I don't actually think any of them will make it...

Back on topic though, I should probably join this next time around. My affiliate might go okay.

When we have a Medium AR, and a WC/WC high powered 29yo Medium, Ma wasn't really high on the  list of concerns so early. Haha.

Hellopplz

Congratz on the win Colli. You go to 3-0 to challenge JB near the top, while I am 0-3 and second last :'(. My bowlers should have done a better job defending on a sticky >:(.

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 08, 2015, 10:33:29 PM
IS there a youth team in the entire ftp as good as his ?
If you're a Pav member, can see the team ranking list in Stats Section! Not sure who is the best these days after HB's mob promoted up this season.