Main Menu

Matt White or Eddie Betts

Started by phil5158, October 04, 2013, 01:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil5158

both are the same age 26 but one is injury cursed and the other is injury free and consistent

Mailman the 2nd

You're saying Betts is consistent? :P

Noz

Eddie Betts career

184 games
290 goals (Average of 1.5 a game)
2160 disposals (Average of 11 a game)
572 tackles (Average of 3 a game)

Number of times he has kicked over 50 goals in a season - Once (50)
Number of times he has kicked over 40 goals in a season - Twice (48, 42)
Number of times he has kicked over 30 goals in a season - Once (38)
Number of times he has kicked over 20 goals in a season - Four (20, 21, 25, 27)
Number of times he has kicked over 10 goals in a season - Once (19)

Matt Whites career

105 games
54 goals (Average of 0.5)
1287 disposals (Average of 12.2)
338 tackles (Average of 3.2)

Noz

Im glad we didn't get Betts because he is no where near worth 500k a season.

meow meow

Quote from: Noz on October 04, 2013, 03:08:03 PM

Matt Whites career

105 games
54 goals (Average of 1.9)

Mathematical genius.

CrowsFan

Quote from: meow meow on October 04, 2013, 03:12:53 PM
Quote from: Noz on October 04, 2013, 03:08:03 PM

Matt Whites career

105 games
54 goals (Average of 1.9)

Mathematical genius.
Was thinking the exact same thing.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Noz on October 04, 2013, 03:08:54 PM
Im glad we didn't get Betts because he is no where near worth 500k a season.
Got to agree with that. Betts is in no way that valuable a player. If you were to utilise Gumbleton correctly he would be more effective for the Crows forward line hahaha Sylvia really was the best player (excluding Franklin) this transfer period, hence why the Dockers locked him in so quickly 

I'm with the general consensus here that don't agree with your mathematical equation of White though, they play different positions/roles & have different amounts of time on the field and vaunt different attributes. I prefer White because I think Betts will turn out like Tambling and I'm looking forward to seeing White provide a much needed service to our them (distribution to our forwards because even this season our percentage was borderline horrible). But there is no way you can compare the two, you could compare Betts with Neade etc but White is a completely different player all together.

In my opinion -purely subjective-, Betts is inconsistent, but this season was only forgettable for Betts, Ipso Facto, because Malthouse was the coach :)   

Mat0369

Betts only put that large a price on his head because he wanted out of Carlton. He needed a tag on his head large enough that Carlton would refuse to match it, Adelaide were dumb enough to give him the cash, but on the flip side he will be really valuable for them.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 05, 2013, 03:56:39 AM
Betts only put that large a price on his head because he wanted out of Carlton. He needed a tag on his head large enough that Carlton would refuse to match it, Adelaide were dumb enough to give him the cash, but on the flip side he will be really valuable for them.
Makes sense and now Carlton can sign Thomas with no hesitation whatsoever, they should be able to entirely restructure their team with all the trade bait Malthouse is willing to give away if that's the direction in which he wishes to progress. I don't think they have a good list in terms of a team. A few amazing players but they lack many players for certain roles and it's great to see Malthouse willing to throw away even some of their most publicised players to fix this. They don't need Betts and I think Carlton were easily the beneficiary of the trade, now we just need to sit back and see what else Malthouse can do. Maybe drop some tagger because Carlton already has an excessive amount (hence Joseph getting the sack). I think we'll see a much stronger and consistent team next season and I'm happy to see Port off to the right start as well signing White. Betts will be a great player in the crows depending on whether they actually need him or not i.e. they needed him this season, who knows if they will in 2014 though. Due to the amount of money paid it is a risky trade by the Crows   

quinny88

Any Port supporters with doubts about Matty White, dont stress he is a gun.
Every Richmond supporter I know is a bit gutted he left.

He has been extremely inconsistent throughout his career and could never seal a spot in the side but he went to a new level this season. Won the most improved player award, cleaned up his disposal and his run has obviously always been elite.
Everyone was shocked that he kept being made the sub every week. Was probably his own fault for being so good at it but its come back to bite us a bit because now hes gone off to look for more opportuinity. The times he was given a full a game he played well. He'l be a solid contributor for Port

powersuperkents

Quote from: quinny88 on October 09, 2013, 11:59:52 PM
Any Port supporters with doubts about Matty White, dont stress he is a gun.
Every Richmond supporter I know is a bit gutted he left.

He has been extremely inconsistent throughout his career and could never seal a spot in the side but he went to a new level this season. Won the most improved player award, cleaned up his disposal and his run has obviously always been elite.
Everyone was shocked that he kept being made the sub every week. Was probably his own fault for being so good at it but its come back to bite us a bit because now hes gone off to look for more opportuinity. The times he was given a full a game he played well. He'l be a solid contributor for Port
I'm glad to hear that :) I've been watching his highlight reel and he looks fantastic and he has such a unique playing style. hahaha and Fark he is quick hahaha :)

In other news Jared Polec named PAFC as his preferred club over the crows, hahaha good to see he can think coherently hahahahaha  :P

Also this topic is pretty pointless because Adelaide were never after Matt White and vice versa for Port Adelaide and Betts hahahahaha  :P The only real topic in this nature is the prolonged Polec trade and although Polec has stated PAFC (honestly who wouldn't) as his club of choice the Lions don't want picks and I can't see Hinkley trade anyone from the starting 22 besides Logan. It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out