Can we get our sides completed by the byes?

Started by Off Tap, January 21, 2012, 09:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popedelio

Quote from: Presto on January 22, 2012, 03:35:22 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on January 22, 2012, 02:44:07 AM
is that ending price or peaking price?

cause christensen peaked at 225k+
lower broke 200k as well
savage almost hit +300k at one point
Illes + Heppell + Darling + Puopolo were close to 200k
Zac Smith made over 200k
and curnow peaked very close to 200+k before injury.

so that was actually 12 players that either broke 200k+ in cash made, or got very close.

imo curnow + Darling deserve mentions since they peaked so early for first trades :)

You are absolutely right. I only had the closing prices. I though about finding the peak prices, but then I thought it did not matter.
How many of the players you mentioned peaked before round 13?
Darling and Heppel yes, Curnow too provided he was traded straight away after his injury on round 7, but Lower, Savage and Puopolo achieve it much later.  On the other hand 2 of the one I quoted over 200k were Smith (he played his 3rd game in round 13 and did not go over 200k until rnd 21) and Mzungu ((he played his 5th game in round 13 and did not go over 200k until much later)
Zac Smith made it over 200k on rd 14, and Christensen played his 6th game on round 14 and by then he had not gain much.
Anyway most of these players were included in the 15 I said between 150 and 200K
My point remains that you need to gain some 1.5 to 2mil from 10 of your cash cows to achieve your upgrades.

This is when strategies with having more rookies and leaving a larger kitty in the bank come into play.

Generally teams that spend all their money will gain more points early and a full premium side later, where as teams that keep some money in their bank will suffer in the short term but achieve a full premium side earlier.

I can by fact tell you i had a full side of premiums by rd 14 last year in 2010, i checked my dt side in rd 14, and this would have been the starting squad if all players were playing (w/o byes/injuries)

DEF
Gibbs, Goddard, Deledio, Suckling, Enright, Heppell, Adcock

MID
Murphy, Boyd, Thompson, Pendlebury, Swan, Watson

RUCK
Cox, Sandilands

FWD
Franklin, Johnson, Sylvia, Goodes, Riewoldt, Petrie, Dawes

So i went in with the setup of a cheaper midfield saving me with heaps of cash.

Now this may not turn out as good this year as it did last year, though it is quite realistic to have a full squad by rd 14

Colliwobblers

so you are suggesting to cut down on at least one premium somewhere in the team to have a couple hunder thousand in the bank?

what is you advice exactly, because imo that starting side for round 14 looks pretty darn good

upthemaidens

well i had a look at my rd.9 team from last year  and the only "rookies" i had on the ground were,
    heppell(keeper), lower, puopolo and darling  i had used 12 trades to that point..   lol  no mucking about ;D..

but that was last year and this is a new challenge.
I would say because of the trades i want for byes, i'll have to complete my team later, probably rd.14-15.
  but u know it depends how many 'if' any of the rookies score very well and basically become keepers i.e. heppell
hahaha sooo much can go wrong with best laid plans,,  man cant wait for 1st of Feb. to come,its like xmas,but better..

Colliwobblers

Quote from: upthemaidens on January 23, 2012, 01:42:33 AM
well i had a look at my rd.9 team from last year  and the only "rookies" i had on the ground were,
    heppell(keeper), lower, puopolo and darling  i had used 12 trades to that point..   lol  no mucking about ;D..

but that was last year and this is a new challenge.
I would say because of the trades i want for byes, i'll have to complete my team later, probably rd.14-15.
  but u know it depends how many 'if' any of the rookies score very well and basically become keepers i.e. heppell
hahaha sooo much can go wrong with best laid plans,,  man cant wait for 1st of Feb. to come,its like xmas,but better..

hehehe +1 maidens like a kid in a lolly shop we be

Off Tap

Great read to everyone that has contributed.

By the sound of things the consensus is to go into Round 11 with an 8, 11, 11 structure. I currently have a 12, 9, 9 with 8 Round 11 rookies and $180k in cash.