Fasttrack's Infinite Adjustments - Beef Tannen FC

Started by fasttrack13, December 06, 2016, 08:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samsturmfels

Quote from: fasttrack13 on March 08, 2017, 05:59:15 PM
*UPDATE*

DEF: Shaw, Howe, Macmillan, Hampton, EVW, Stewart (Otten, Guthrie)
MID: Danger, Pendles, Hannebery, Priddis, Fyfe, T.Adams, Beams, Brodie (SPP, Miles, Hibberd)
RUC: Gawn, Nankervis (Preuss)
FWD: JPK, Dahlhaus, WHE, Taranto, M.White, A.Black (Begley, Eddy)
SAL: 27k

Adams and Hibberd in midfield due to rookies being of higher stander or quantity in defence. Intend of both those guys being swung there at some stage.
1) Id considered strengthening your fwd line
2) Adams in the midfield is strange
3) I like the WHE pick

fasttrack13

Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 08, 2017, 10:40:39 PM
Quote from: fasttrack13 on March 08, 2017, 05:59:15 PM
*UPDATE*

DEF: Shaw, Howe, Macmillan, Hampton, EVW, Stewart (Otten, Guthrie)
MID: Danger, Pendles, Hannebery, Priddis, Fyfe, T.Adams, Beams, Brodie (SPP, Miles, Hibberd)
RUC: Gawn, Nankervis (Preuss)
FWD: JPK, Dahlhaus, WHE, Taranto, M.White, A.Black (Begley, Eddy)
SAL: 27k

Adams and Hibberd in midfield due to rookies being of higher stander or quantity in defence. Intend of both those guys being swung there at some stage.
1) Id considered strengthening your fwd line
2) Adams in the midfield is strange
3) I like the WHE pick

He's there pretty much only because i can't fit him in my backline.
For instance, if a more reliable mid rookie popped up i'd drop the least preferable defence rookie and adams slots into the backline.

I get what you're saying but it's the same as having a 5-1-2 mid structure and a 3-0-3 forward structure. The extra rookie who would've been playing midfield is just up forward now.

I decided that around 430k across each line, macmillan for me would be the most likely to reach keeper status so i picked him. If If i saw the same value in Touk Miller then adams would become a defender again and White would move back into the middle, or conversly if i saw that in the midfield eg. Marc Murphy then forward line stays the same and adams still goes back to defence.

Ultimately will come down to rookie selection but there's next to no difference on who would be onfield. Comes down to macmillan v similarly priced players in other positions.

If that makes sense...?

Bubbles

fasttrack13

Mid-Priced Mayhem (Stoopid Rookies)

(DEFENCE)
Heath Shaw, Taylor Adams, Jamie Macmillan, Jackson Ramsay, Curtly Hampton, Andy Otten
(Tom Stewart, Zac Guthrie)

(MIDFIELD)
Patrick Dangerfiled,Dan Hannebery, Adam Treloar, Nathan Fyfe, Josh Kelly, Dayne Beams, Jaeger O'Meara, Sam Powell-Pepper
(Jarrod Pickett, Mitchell Hibberd, Brandan Parfitt)

(RUCKS)
Todd Goldstein, Toby Nankervis
(Luke Strnadica)

(FORWARDS)
Luke Dahlhaus, Toby Greene, Jordan DeGoey, Jack Steele, Tim Taranto, Jack Bowes
(Josh Begley, Brett Eddy)

(SALARY)
$1,000

A lot of risks, but at this stage it may be something that we're forced into (dependant on teams release in 9 days)

fasttrack13

SilverLion

Structure is sound, no cover for Sandilands is risky though.
Understand going deep in mids and light in def, given lack of mid rookies.
Love the Kelly and Steele picks.
Rather perplexed by the Ramsay selection, you have 5 defenders all with the same bye too. Wouldn't Thurlow be a better choice? What do you see Ramsay averaging?

fasttrack13

Cheers for all the help over the off-season.
Team ended up as:

DEF: Laird, Howe, Marchbank, Ramsay, Otten, Hampton (Hibberd, Stewart)
MID: Dangerfield, JPK, Hanners, Selwood, Treloar, Fyfe, Beams, O'Meara (SPP, Barrett, Pickett)
RUC: Sandi, Witts (Strnadica)
FWD: Dahlhaus, Buddy, Nankervis, Steele, WHE, Taranto (Houston, Hannan)
6k left

At this stage Hanners, O'Meara and Ramsay are the guys i'm dissapointed in to start with. Didn't make any trades last week.

My original thoughts this week are:
Out: Hanners and Jaeger
In: Heppell and M.Murphy

- Jaeger is handballing too much for mine and it'll continue to hurt his scores
- Hanners seems really underdone for whatever reason
- I would trade hibberd and pickett, but given hayward and newman still have another week i'll wait.
- I wanna stick with ramsay as i think he will come good, but Burton is another guy who could be on the in after another solid performance

fasttrack13

Did end up doing the trades i said, although screwed up by forgetting to have hampton on for stewart. Costing myself 62 points. Still a reasonable score of 2210 but cost myself top 4,000 overall. I am sitting 9200ish.

Team
MID: Dangerfield, JPK, Selwood, Treloar, Fyfe, Heppell, M.Murphy, Beams (SPP, Barrett, Pickett)

Stars: Murphy, witts, danger
Duds: Ramsay, Franklin, Stewart

Considering Ramsay+Hibberd to Burton+Newman, what are everyone's thoughts about those?

Mongoose528

Quote from: fasttrack13 on April 10, 2017, 11:37:10 AM
Did end up doing the trades i said, although screwed up by forgetting to have hampton on for stewart. Costing myself 62 points. Still a reasonable score of 2210 but cost myself top 4,000 overall. I am sitting 9200ish.

Team
MID: Dangerfield, JPK, Selwood, Treloar, Fyfe, Heppell, M.Murphy, Beams (SPP, Barrett, Pickett)

Stars: Murphy, witts, danger
Duds: Ramsay, Franklin, Stewart

Considering Ramsay+Hibberd to Burton+Newman, what are everyone's thoughts about those?

Your team is looking good, I'd definitely bring in Newman but I'm not sure on Burton.

fasttrack13

Solid last couple of weeks:
Round 4: 2118
Round 5: 2353 (352nd for the round)
Have now moved up to 1,193 overall!

Team as it stands:
Laird, Howe, Marchbank, Otten, Hampton, Williamson (Stewart, Newman)
Danger, Selwood, Kennedy, Treloar, Fyfe, Beams, Heppell, Murphy (SPP, Barrett, Hibberd)
Martin, Witts (Strnadica)
Dahlhaus, Franklin, Nankervis, Steele, WHE, Houston (Butler, Hannan)

This week i'm thinking of going:
Murphy --> Macrae (Even if he isn't out i feel like his run has come to an end, has made a lot of cash and scored well)
SPP --> Balic/Fisher (Dependant on Balic being selected or not.)

In the following weeks i'm looking at:
Hannan --> Black
Stewart --> Hibberd

Butler --> Parsons
Otten --> Docherty

Hampton --> Shaw
WHE to --> Kennedy

Houston --> Myers

That's the order that seems likely but it could change

Other options this week is i could take advantage of both balic and fisher this week by trading murphy and SPP to them?

Would love some thoughts

HoleMeal

How much money do you have?

You could see if Murphy plays as he may very well be a keeper. I have him also and your team and mine are pretty close in the rankings, I'm ranked 1116th.

You could try, if you have some cash-
SPP to Balic/Fisher
WHE to Macrae

Otherwise your trades look fine.

TomK

Surely you can't trade Murphy now, he's averaging 123 and still every chance to average enough for M8 at least, one bad game shouldn't change that. I'd look at Hannan/SPP for Balic/Fisher, I think you can afford to double downgrade this week with nowhere in desperate need of upgrading, then next week, depending on the rookies available, could go Butler/WHE - Black/Macrae, I feel like this would put you in a much stronger position instead of sideways trading Murph this week.

Mongoose528

Quote from: TomK on April 27, 2017, 05:12:03 PM
Surely you can't trade Murphy now, he's averaging 123 and still every chance to average enough for M8 at least, one bad game shouldn't change that. I'd look at Hannan/SPP for Balic/Fisher, I think you can afford to double downgrade this week with nowhere in desperate need of upgrading, then next week, depending on the rookies available, could go Butler/WHE - Black/Macrae, I feel like this would put you in a much stronger position instead of sideways trading Murph this week.

Agree with TomK here. Hold Murphy for the moment.

AaronKirk

If you have the coin to do it I would be going SPP to Balic and one of Houston/Butler/WHE to Macrae

js19

Quote from: AaronKirk on April 28, 2017, 12:44:53 AM
If you have the coin to do it I would be going SPP to Balic and one of Houston/Butler/WHE to Macrae