Lenneth 17

Started by lenny7, February 23, 2017, 10:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny7

G’day guys,

Would love some feedback on my team, I’ve played around with it a lot for a few weeks. I ranked top 2000 last year.

Def
Shaw â€" Laird â€" Johannisen â€" Keefe â€" Newman â€" Ryan (Hibberd, Stewart)

Mid
Danger â€" Pendles â€" Hannebery â€" Z.Merrett â€" Rockliff â€" Fyfe â€" D.Swallow â€" Mountford â€" (Pickett, Freeman, Graham)

Ruck
Gawn â€" Goldy (Strnadica)

Fwd
Dahlhaus â€" Heeney â€" McCluggage â€" Bowes â€" Black â€" Eddy (Bolton, Rioli)

$64,400 in the bank

I was tossing up who to pick in the defense, I think Docherty is just a bit too expensive at the moment so I chose Shaw. I took Laird over Rance purely because I had Rance last year. I chose Johannisen just because he’s a fun player to watch and can go big. Rookies will obviously change.

I’ve gone very strong in the mids this year to start off. I’ve gone Merrett in a POD â€" I like having a unique POD every year, I honestly think even with the Essendon boys coming back it wont push him out, he’s a tackling machine and just finds the footy. Rookies will obviously change.

Rucks are set and forget, I chose Strnadica from Freo because they have the most Sunday games â€" so there’s my captain loophole.

There is obviously mid price carnage in the forward line this year. My reasoning for only picking 1 mid range is because I’d rather wait and see who’s performing and trade them in later. There are so many MID/FWD rookies this year, I think it’ll be safe to say ill always have coverage. Rookies will obviously change and yes I know Rioli is out.

Would love the feedback.

cheers

Ringo

Nice team to sit on. Only issue for me is Heeny strong enough for F2 but go with gut.

Think first time seen Mountford in a team.

lenny7

Quote from: Ringo on February 23, 2017, 10:23:48 AM
Nice team to sit on. Only issue for me is Heeny strong enough for F2 but go with gut.

I'm hoping he'll get more mid time this year with Mitchell leaving! Depending on how Ryer/Roughy go, that may change

ronl

I love Zac but he won't have the midfield all to himself this year as you've said.  Personally I'd be reluctant to start him but happy
to bring him in later if all goes well.  Team as a whole looks pretty solid.

Money Shot

Quote from: Ringo on February 23, 2017, 10:23:48 AM

+1

Heeney are F2 is a risk but it may pay off.
Merrett is a nice pod in my opinion. The players coming back could help him :)

benny_fraz

I think you'll make the top 4 and lose in straight sets

lenny7

Quote from: benny_fraz on February 23, 2017, 01:55:42 PM
I think you'll make the top 4 and lose in straight sets

Just like the last 2 years  :-\ :'(

fasttrack13

Quote from: ronl on February 23, 2017, 11:27:59 AM
I love Zac but he won't have the midfield all to himself this year as you've said.  Personally I'd be reluctant to start him but happy
to bring him in later if all goes well.  Team as a whole looks pretty solid.

He's their main inside midfielder... it won't be a problem for him. Will only improve

Would get rance back in there, for Johannisen (he butchers the ball way to much)