Hawkers First 2017 Team (Trying to back up a top 1k finish)

Started by hawkers65, February 04, 2017, 05:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkers65

Hey Guys ! Im back at the usual time of the year where we are all going fkn nuts for footy to be back and what better way to feed that than to get my 2017 campaign underway. Last year i still managed to go top 1k even tho it just wasnt my year. Nothing went right and i went too risky from the beginning which meant i sat with players that just emotionally hurt me all year ! (LOOKING AT YOU SHIEL ** Cough Cough***) Cant complain with the top k but i want much better this year)

So here is my first attempt for the year so rip into me :P Did a little bit of research on the rookies, anything or anyone ive missed in that area hit me up. All my premium choices are very safe for mine and set up a quality backbone for the year. All are proven consistent performers which a few coming keeper either from injuries or an off year but should bounce back. I like this way as i wont be wasting any trades early on silly mid priced picks or young premium priced players that need to be sent packing early and rather save the trades for the cash making grind. If any stand up over the next month or so then of course ill jump on but mainly wont to stick away from chasing too much "potential" that can often be the downfall.

Cheers Guys and goodluck to all for the year :)

uncleswagy

do like the set up, not the biggest fan of houli, i feel like theres a lot better options than him this year, would rather go a tom mcdonald or an up and comer like williams around the same price for me, or up to a laird type. not a big fan of mccarthy as a forward option either, dont see the scoring potential in him, im sure there will be a few rookies that out score him for much less money

other than that looking real good mate

BomberSam

I quite like the way you've structured your team here.

I also dislike Houli as a SC selection in 2017. There is much better value to be found at a similar price, however I would advise upgrading to a likely top 6 defender such as Rance/Laird.

I love the midfield, it's almost identical to mine! You've gone very safe, with proven scorers. The one difference is that I have Selwood instead of Rocky. Rocky never scored quite as well with Beams in the side.

I honestly have doubts over Goldy. Each to their own, but I've recently swapped him for Grundy.

I like your forward line, a little different with Greene, but after those first two picks, the next four spots are open for anyone to prove themselves.

Well done.

Glenmaggie

Great team Hawker, midfield is very strong, my only concern is Houli, he can have some great scores but if tagged or made accountable really struggles. Like someone said earlier, I think Laird would be a great addition, he is moving into the midfield a little this year as well. Good luck

Ringo

Nice team Hawker sound structure and worth sitting on.

Houli is a POD so go with gut there. With regards to Beams and Rocky do not agree with comments as they have played together only 12 times and 2 of these games have been injury effected by either player.

PureSwag

Like your team only issue is Houli I think maybe try and get a 500k guy like a Larid or a Shaw even a Rance. just don't think 2017 is his year in sc.

fasttrack13

Houli hasn't had many 90+ seasons which is what he will need... Rest of your team is good though

Money Shot

hawkers65

Thanks heaps guys, if this many are against him its fair enough. Just thought with the poor year richmomd had and his injury that he was coming in way unders (averaged 96 odd the year before) but yeah theres some quality options elsewhere. Also not liking both brissy mids, prefer to have a spread so Murph has come in. Just really think its his year and is meant to be flying now fully fit.

so

Houli --> Laird
Beams --> Murphy