How Night's Watch Won SC In 2015

Started by Grazz, September 10, 2015, 04:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Makes an interesting read. I always like to read how they did it, what was their winning moves what was their poor moves etc.
He made his share of mistakes and had nowhere near a perfect team from the start but made some good call after the byes that saw his rank climb. Reading it it's easy to feel your always a chance if you persist and get a bit lucky in the choices you make.

http://supercoachtalk.com/the-nights-watch/

fanTCfool

Was surprised to see how many players I shared with him!
Found it funny that he traded in Zorko the week I dumped him, and from then on he was very solid.
Your welcome, Ayden.

Grazz

Quote from: fanTCfool on September 10, 2015, 04:56:41 PM
Found it funny that he traded in Zorko the week I dumped him, and from then on he was very solid.
Your welcome, Ayden.

There would be a few of us that can relate to something like Zorko, many would of offloaded Jelwood finally having enough only to see him come good. The interesting thing I find is how basically ordinary (without being disrespectful) his team was from the get go and where he came from to end up taking it out. The clear standout reasons are a little luck with the moves of Zorko Selwood etc and, it's a big AND having the trades to sideways the like of Beams Goldy Swan Hodge Fyfe etc. Trades were certainly one of the keys that got him the money and having enough left to sort those issues. Often when in the position he was many feel they need to make it happen when simply letting it happen and reacting can get you over the line as people run out of trades.

crowls

Quote from: Grazz on September 10, 2015, 05:25:38 PM
Quote from: fanTCfool on September 10, 2015, 04:56:41 PM
Your welcome, Ayden.

There would be a few of us that can relate to something like Zorko, many would of offloaded Jelwood finally having enough only to see him come good. The interesting thing I find is how basically ordinary (without being disrespectful) his team was from the get go and where he came from to end up taking it out. The clear standout reasons are a little luck with the moves of Zorko Selwood etc and, it's a big AND having the trades to sideways the like of Beams Goldy Swan Hodge Fyfe etc. Trades were certainly one of the keys that got him the money and having enough left to sort those issues. Often when in the position he was many feel they need to make it happen when simply letting it happen and reacting can get you over the line as people run out of trades.
Good advice here Grazz.   Making these decisions seems to be the differentiating factor each year.    Do I trade or dont I?   One thing I have learned from my three years in SC is that come end of season trades are GOLD.

bowyanger

he won because he copied me cos he was in my league the cheatin bugger

nice bloke he is