0 Backline Premiums?

Started by thefuzz, January 21, 2015, 03:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefuzz

Backs: Langdon, Mayes, Vlastuin, Seedsman, Waters, Henderson,  <Brown, Goddard>

Midfield: Ablett, Pendles, Beams, Ward, Rich, P. Cripps, Freeman, Acres <Vandenberg, Krakouer>

Rucks: Leuenberger, Kruezer <Cox, Read>

Forwards: Goddard, Deledio, Gray, Martin, Swan, Clark <Hogan, Markworth>

Cash Left: $6000

I am really unsure about how to structure my team this year due to the backline offering very few appealing players. The midpricers I've chosen are all solid players with great JS and good DT potential.
Your thoughts on the team would be great!
Also Heppell vs Beams?
Are there any breakout contenders/smokies in the backline you like who I should do some research into?

Capper

gutsy but im with you on the back line. I have no prems as well

Grazz

Can't say i haven't given it a thought. I count 9 keepers in your team that leaves 13 to get with 30 trades. It's alot and i kept thinking i'd be just falling further and further behind with so many prems to get. The backline issues this year kinda make you give it a thought.

thefuzz

I would prefer to have turn a backline midpricer into a rookie and another midpricer into Hibbo, but I can't see any backline rookies who will play and score well at the moment. That would take it to 10 keepers which is about right?
Quote from: Grazz on January 21, 2015, 04:18:29 PM
Can't say i haven't given it a thought. I count 9 keepers in your team that leaves 13 to get with 30 trades. It's alot and i kept thinking i'd be just falling further and further behind with so many prems to get. The backline issues this year kinda make you give it a thought.
Wait, only 30 trades? 2 trades/week is more then 30 trades?

jobe#4

was also thinking of Vlaustin

Kellogscrunchynut

This time of the year is always a good time to play with team structures so no harm done by improvising here.

I don't think this is the year that Vlastuin will become a viable option in AFL Fantasy, perhaps in the future but now I doubt it.

I'd go Heppell over Beams at this stage, given the uncertainty of how Beams will fit into his new team. Both however are good unique options for the midfield.

Have a geeze at some of the Freo boys in Ibbotson and Clancee Pearce, Pearce is a bit out of left field but certainly worth it if he can recapture some of his 2012 form.

Good luck for AF in 2015.

Grazz

Quote from: thefuzz on January 21, 2015, 04:34:54 PM
I would prefer to have turn a backline midpricer into a rookie and another midpricer into Hibbo, but I can't see any backline rookies who will play and score well at the moment. That would take it to 10 keepers which is about right?
Quote from: Grazz on January 21, 2015, 04:18:29 PM
Wait, only 30 trades? 2 trades/week is more then 30 trades?

My bad mate was just on the SC boards stuffed that up.

Discount the 30 trade comment it's still going to have you falling behind i reckon giving people 2-3 prem headstart. In a 15 round comp before finals you need to get 13 prems in or 13 in 17 rounds, that's alot of work. I have 2 prems in my AF backline 3 midpricers and one rookie on the field and it still looks a under manned.   

Capper

as far as prems go Ablett, Pendles, Beams, Ward, Rich, Leuenberger, Kruezer, Goddard, Deledio, Gray, Martin, Swan could all be considered Prems and then you have your back line where 2 or 3 could fire

thefuzz

Quote from: tabs on January 21, 2015, 05:05:47 PM
as far as prems go Ablett, Pendles, Beams, Ward, Rich, Leuenberger, Kruezer, Goddard, Deledio, Gray, Martin, Swan could all be considered Prems and then you have your back line where 2 or 3 could fire
yeah I reckon Langdon/Mayes/Seedsman might be considered Premiums by the end of the year perhaps.
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on January 21, 2015, 04:53:28 PM
I don't think this is the year that Vlastuin will become a viable option in AFL Fantasy, perhaps in the future but now I doubt it.

I'd go Heppell over Beams at this stage, given the uncertainty of how Beams will fit into his new team.

Have a geeze at some of the Freo boys in Ibbotson and Clancee Pearce, Pearce is a bit out of left field but certainly worth it if he can recapture some of his 2012 form.

Yeah I'm not sold on Vlastuin either. I ditched Vlastuin for a rookie and upgraded Mayes to Hibbo (Mayes vs Seedsman?) which makes the team look a bit better I think.
Personally I don't think Ibbo will score very well and I don't think Pearce is best 21 anymore, but they're both very much on my watch list! Thanks!

jobe#4

I read Freo are going to ease McPharlin through the season which could mean Ibbotson takes on a different, unfriendly fantasy role when McPharlin is rested. Pearce is an interesting prospect.