Hogan set to sign for two more years

Started by MTTY, June 20, 2014, 08:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

So then (Ive thought about it) where does Watts play? Deep forward, half forward, wing, back, flank, Ruck?

If he can hit top form, where should he play?

This is why I suggest moving him on

Ive got my ideas on where he should play, interested to hear others

Ricochet

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on June 20, 2014, 11:19:36 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on June 20, 2014, 11:15:24 PM
Damn was hoping Freo would make a play for him and get him back home to WA

Seems a much too familiar tale to last year for Freo. Saying they're going big but all their targets get scooped up during the season.

Frawley and Gibbs seem to be the only big chips left
Tell me about it mate. Don't really need Gibbs but would love Frawley, he'd solve a lot of future problems

Big Mac

Quote from: tbagrocks on June 20, 2014, 11:20:44 PM
So then (Ive thought about it) where does Watts play? Deep forward, half forward, wing, back, flank, Ruck?

I see him as a half forward/wing type. He can utilise his speed and accuracy by foot there, but he just needs the confidence to back himself in.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Ricochet on June 20, 2014, 11:25:04 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on June 20, 2014, 11:19:36 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on June 20, 2014, 11:15:24 PM
Damn was hoping Freo would make a play for him and get him back home to WA

Seems a much too familiar tale to last year for Freo. Saying they're going big but all their targets get scooped up during the season.

Frawley and Gibbs seem to be the only big chips left

Tell me about it mate. Don't really need Gibbs but would love Frawley, he'd solve a lot of future problems

Yeah Freo would only have eyes for Frawley, but if he re-signs that would suck for you lot

MTTY

Quote from: tbagrocks on June 20, 2014, 11:20:44 PM

He plays half forward for us, with the occasion spell as a third tall forward. This should be and will be his best position for us. Once his fully matured, brings more physicality to his game and puts on some more muscle then he'll become a legitimate roaming CHF.

Has great attributes to be a CHF with his pace, skill and kicking. Just needs the physicality to tie it all together.

Toga

Good news for the Dees, hopefully he can get himself out on the park soon 8)

quinny88

Is he going to play this year?
Hoping not so he's nice and cheap for SC next year  :P

Big Mac

Quote from: quinny88 on June 21, 2014, 01:56:26 AM
Is he going to play this year?
Hoping not so he's nice and cheap for SC next year  :P

I remember reading that he's 6 weeks away and will get a game this year. Has started running now apparently.

Purple 77

Great news about hulk hogan!

I also think Watts should be a half-forward. Guy has great talent and looks dangerous in front of goal.

Barra13

Yeah he has no issue getting it on the run from another player around the 50 arc and will ping a shot for goal. CHF/Wing for sure.

Ricochet

Nick Rynne ‏@NickRynne  20m
Melbourne forward Jesse Hogan has signed a two-year extension at the Dees, locking him in through to 2017. Story on @thewest_com_au soon.

:(

Ricochet

and club announcement

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/melbourne/news/2014-07-02/hogan-locked-in-until-2017

MELBOURNE has secured an essential part of its future, re-signing star young forward Jesse Hogan for a further two seasons.

Hogan was contracted to the Demons until the end of next year, but the extension will see the 19-year-old remain at the club until the end of the 2017 season.

The boom youngster, whose debut has been delayed by stress reactions in his back this season, said he was convinced Melbourne was the place for him.

"It's been a pretty hard year for me but it's exciting news and I'm glad to get it out of the way," Hogan told AFL.com.au.

"This year hasn't been ideal for me, not being able to play. I wanted to play a year first before making my decision, but with my back it hasn't turned out that way.

"The time was right just so I can get into next season with confidence, focus on the footy and not have my mind on what I'm doing at the end of the year."

Jukes

Purple 77