Main Menu

Joffa, Poppy

Started by Gooman512, August 01, 2013, 10:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooman512

Just some thoughts...

I'd like to see Joffa get more play. I've got some good vibes about this bloke.

I have a feeling Poppy is stepping up to a new level with his footy. More of a 'take no prisoners' approach. I think all players need to do this...we have a great side but it's all too much fun, and we're somehow too nice. Need to be more gutsy.

its me lads

henry

Yeah who's joffa lol.

I agree with you about poppy though, he was a bit disappointing last year. I thought he'd struggle to maintain his place in the 22 this year, but all credit to him he's winning more of the hard ball in a fearless take no prisoners approach as you said.

CrowsFan

Rusty00

Poppy has been better this year. I thought he was really lucky to hold his place in the team during the finals last year.

He's played hungry for the contest this year like every game could be his last. The footage from the game against North earlier in the year when he chased 3-4 guys then laid a tackle and a smother was great to watch.

Gooman512

Yeah, that North chase was great, wasn't it?

I liked Poppy last week in the Essendon match. Real gritty.

Joffa is Jonathan Simpkin, number 32, been playing largely as sub this year, and shows a lot of guts IMO.

henry

Quote from: Gooman512 on August 02, 2013, 09:03:40 PM
Yeah, that North chase was great, wasn't it?

I liked Poppy last week in the Essendon match. Real gritty.

Joffa is Jonathan Simpkin, number 32, been playing largely as sub this year, and shows a lot of guts IMO.
Yeah Poppy was especially good last week, shows he can do well in the high pressure games. With Mitch spending more time off half back poppy has been given some midfield time occaisionly.

Didn't know simpkin was called joffa, cheers for that. Yeah he's been real good coming on and making an impact as a sub, a little stiff to miss out this week. However savage's form in the last few weeks has been excellent so you can't drop him.

JBs-Hawks

I reckon they are just managing and priming Simpkin to be super sub for the whole finals series. Well thats what I would do if i was clarko :P

Gooman512

Absolutely agree about Savage...the guy is awesome and looks hungry. I love his marking ability...time and again he wins standout grabs. I was a bit disappointed when he wasn't played the whole GF last year. I think he's a big game player.

Hawka

We missed Joffa on Saturday we need him back

its me lads

So Joffa is Simpkin and poppy is Savage?

I thought you were talking bout this guy

;D