Serious leagues...eg prizes!

Started by FFB1, June 12, 2010, 12:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFB1

Interested if anyone is are playing for more than the satisfaction of winning their league?

Our league has an entry fee of a $100 giftcard from Dan Murphys (we're all mates and entry fee was paid prior to the season commencing) - we've got three 'prizes' - 10 giftcards to the premiership coach, 4 giftcards to the runner up and 2 for the highest score in any game during the season. I'm sitting 7th at the moment but managed to snag the highest score of the season last week with 2,612 (2 points better than the previous leader).

I am sure there are plenty of people who have a similar deal going?

ando_10

$320 for the winner and $2 for the wooden spoon haha

Cambo

Quote from: FFB1 on June 12, 2010, 12:09:47 PM
Interested if anyone is are playing for more than the satisfaction of winning their league?

Our league has an entry fee of a $100 giftcard from Dan Murphys (we're all mates and entry fee was paid prior to the season commencing) - we've got three 'prizes' - 10 giftcards to the premiership coach, 4 giftcards to the runner up and 2 for the highest score in any game during the season. I'm sitting 7th at the moment but managed to snag the highest score of the season last week with 2,612 (2 points better than the previous leader).

I am sure there are plenty of people who have a similar deal going?

Winning your League will lead to a serious headache  ;D.
A great idea, might copy something simmilar next year.

Uncle

DT we have $100 bucks each entry fee, all money goes to the overall points winner, whoever wins the league doesn't have to pay up (assuming that its someone other than the overall winner), SC $20 bucks each, 200 to the league winner, 50 to runner up, 50 to overall points and 20 to winner of bottom 8 finals

roo boys!

Sounds cool, i just go for overall ranking.

Jugganauts

was trying to work out a 1million dollar entry but seeing as not many people wanted to do it had to sort out a $15 entry fee winning gets everything

scorgasms

Our league is similar, except it's $100 cash entry, $1000 to winner, $500 for second and $100 for 9th (this is to keep all the stragglers interested and hopefully an even playing field) we do however have two teams who have stopped trying. One is undefeated, I'm third but have had the luckiest run ever with a pretty average team (10th on overall points haha) It makes the afl season even more interesting  8)

Master Q

Quote from: scorgasms on June 19, 2010, 05:21:22 PM
Our league is similar, except it's $100 cash entry, $1000 to winner, $500 for second and $100 for 9th (this is to keep all the stragglers interested and hopefully an even playing field) we do however have two teams who have stopped trying. One is undefeated, I'm third but have had the luckiest run ever with a pretty average team (10th on overall points haha) It makes the afl season even more interesting  8)
Big Pot :o 8)

Bedlam

$20 entry fee. Winner (me) takes all

wish for hope