Huggy's Horror 2020 - Cash to spend

Started by LaHug, February 24, 2020, 12:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Thought I'd go a bit different here (no, not in team selection, it's very cookie cutter). I've made a team with $600k+ to spend and I want you to help me spend it. Jacobs up to Gawn the obvious move but leaves me with an awkward $275k left. Rookie up to Whitfield also an easy option but, like Gawn, injuries are the concern... Anything else obvious?

LordSneeze

Interesting Idea,

Ill give you some feedback later, I did the exact same thing with my team originally. Had about 600k left over to spend.

tor01doc

Maybe look at

Jacobs to Ceglar (DPP and has the potential to be a fwd keeper and leaves your R2 clear for Gawn in due course) - 530K left

Titch to Neale - 500K

Dump a rookie and grab a keeper - say Whitfield

Leaves you around 80 - 100K for rookie corrections

Could add two keepers (Ceglar and Whitfield) secures Neale (who is top 10 and no injury concerns) and probably saves a trade.

Good luck.

Maybe change your team name to something more optimistic.....say like COVID-19?

LaHug

Thanks doc! Not sure on Ceglar as he only seems to score well when McEvoy is out of the team. Also not sure on Neale over Titch... would love to be able to start all the top mids. I'll likely swap them around a bit before the season anyway - Neale not facing de Boer until August is a plus.

I think rookie to Whitfield is almost certain unless I go with Gawn.

And regarding the optimism... I think I had my best season when I was Huggy's Halfwits so the negative name is clearly key to success.

LordSneeze

Mids
Looks fine. I wouldn't think you would need to change anything there. If you were then its a much of a muchness in who you want to select.

If you go Jacobs I feel that taking Ceglar instead of Steven or Smith would be a smart move.

I would then look at adding in 2 premiums across Def & Fwd depending on where the rookies pop up.
If your comfortable with the rookies that pop up then look at upgrading Mid Pricers to the Uber Prems on the lines.

crowls

Definitely Ceglar for Sauce  or go down to Naismith and Smith/Bonar>Ceglar/Whitfield
See lot of opportunity in fwds this year with Greenwood, Petracca, Dawson all dpp options to go with Stephen and Smith.

LaHug

Thanks guys. Didn't realise Ceglar was that much better. No concerns of him playing poorly up forward with McEvoy taking the ruck? Naismith is tempting if he looks like the number one ruck. Or I'll just go back to Gawn...

Given me a few things to think about. Cheers :)

LaHug

Ok. Ended up going Jacobs down to Naismith, and Bonar/other rookie up to Ceglar and Whitfield. Everything else staying the same for now. Leaves me only needing to field one forward rookie which is good because they usually stink...