WXV Round 13: Trying Toronto to Triumph?

Started by Purple 77, June 27, 2017, 09:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomz

A win at last... Now for a miracle next week  ;)

upthemaidens

Tasty percentage booster for the Islanders, lots of other results fell our way.    The next two rounds will be huge, Rio followed by Seoul. 

Ringo

Another spot on:

Nearly made the title of this thread related to this game, because these two sides have been struggling of late - sitting 16th and 17th on the form and real ladder of past month. The Samurai started the year well at 2-1, but have since lost 9 games in a row and have not cracked 130+ for 7 weeks. I've gone on and on but the Samurai's lack of midfielder power as their key culprit of this form, and not even the foretelling of Billy Stretch could halt it. However, they have a golden opportunity to break this unwanted streak coming up against the similarly struggling Royals. The Royals' defensive game saw them start the year off at 4-2, but have since lost 6 games in a row; all games they failed to crack the 130+ barrier. That really is the magic number and it never fails to surprise me how often that score wins games. The Royals also lack the midfielder depth of firepower as the Samurai, so these two teams are quite evenly matched. I'm looking forward to one of these teams getting a morale boosting win, because they sure do need it. I think I'll back the Samurai here, and I think they might even trouble the 140 barrier in this match... just a feeling.

And they underperformed as well:

Toga

Still can't believe 160 doesn't = a win :P

GoLions

Purple 77

Just made a slight change to Toronto's score, where Hanley was eligible to be subbed off. Doesn't change anything but percentage.