Started by john23132, January 29, 2017, 07:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john23132

DEF - Laird, Adams, Z.Williams, Vlastuin, McGrath, Ryan
MID - Hanners, Treloar, Bont, Fyfe, Heppell, Beams, Myers, Pepper
RUC - Goldy, Sandilands
FOR - Dahl, Macrae, Caddy, Ryder, Ainsworth, Ryan

fasttrack13

Probably only see 9 guys you can count on being keepers.
you would only get 2-4 of williams, vlastuin, heppell, beams, sandi, caddy, ryder to be top 10 for their position.

I'd hold: Beams, Sandi and Ryder...

Go
Vlastuin to Scharenberg : Vlastuin unknown role
Williams to Montagna (if you're looking for a POD) : Williams has so many others at giants competing for points
Caddy to M.White : i'm waiting for bye before i pick richmond players
Heppell to Danger : Heppell like every essendon player will start slow

My point is you only want 3 max. of those 50/50 players so you've got enough keepers to hold you instead if they're a bust

uncleswagy

i like it for the most part.

not sold on vlastuin at all. the changes id make would be vlastuin to a rookie or a scharenberg/hampton type (160k) and using the left over money to get heppel up to one of the top end proven premos. I'm with fasttrack about essendon players starting slow

PureSwag

Def: Williams won't score good in a stacked giants team. Vlastuin down to a rook would be a nice idea.

Mid: Need to spend more money. need to get at lease a pendles or a danger its like a must all the top teams will have at least one if not 2.

Ruc: Good just look on to Sandi in the JLT Cup.

Fwd: Good but need to get rid of caddy as I'm unsure of him maybe try and get a bennell.

Just one note where is the bench???

john23132

Quote from: fasttrack13 on January 29, 2017, 07:34:05 PM
Probably only see 9 guys you can count on being keepers.
you would only get 2-4 of williams, vlastuin, heppell, beams, sandi, caddy, ryder to be top 10 for their position.

I'd hold: Beams, Sandi and Ryder...

Go
Vlastuin to Scharenberg : Vlastuin unknown role
Williams to Montagna (if you're looking for a POD) : Williams has so many others at giants competing for points
Caddy to M.White : i'm waiting for bye before i pick richmond players
Heppell to Danger : Heppell like every essendon player will start slow

My point is you only want 3 max. of those 50/50 players so you've got enough keepers to hold you instead if they're a bust

Thanks for the feedback mate, this is only my 2nd year so help is appreciated.
Im a tigers supporter and Vlastuin has excited me ever since he stepped foot into punt road, and now that hes come out and said he's set to play more time in the midfield, i thought he would be a great POD. Im not set on him so can always change him.

I agree with your point on Williams, il go for Montagna instead.
Im not set on Caddy either, but White seems just as big of a risk, was thinking also Heeney might be a good option? We'll see.

I also want to stay away from Danger for now, i cant justify spending 700+k on a mid, he's sure to drop a bit. I was also unsure if i should get T.Mitchell for Heppell, but Dyson seems crazy cheap at only 513k wouldnt you agree?

john23132

Quote from: PureSwag on January 29, 2017, 08:12:35 PM
Def: Williams won't score good in a stacked giants team. Vlastuin down to a rook would be a nice idea.

Mid: Need to spend more money. need to get at lease a pendles or a danger its like a must all the top teams will have at least one if not 2.

Fwd: Good but need to get rid of caddy as I'm unsure of him maybe try and get a bennell.

Thanks for the suggestions mate, il keep a close eye on Vlastuin since he's set to play more in midfield this year. I'll decide his pos after the nab challenge.
Do you reckon getting a T.Mitchell for Heppell would help boost it? I think im gonna stay away from Pendles and Danger for now.
Caddy im also unsure about, but Bennell scares me, il see how he tracks the closer it comes to the season.

Haha yeah i forgot the bench, but its all subject to change later on anyway, pointless to include now

PureSwag

Quote from: john23132 on January 29, 2017, 09:50:51 PM
Quote from: PureSwag on January 29, 2017, 08:12:35 PM

Thanks for the suggestions mate, il keep a close eye on Vlastuin since he's set to play more in midfield this year. I'll decide his pos after the nab challenge.
Do you reckon getting a T.Mitchell for Heppell would help boost it? I think im gonna stay away from Pendles and Danger for now.
Caddy im also unsure about, but Bennell scares me, il see how he tracks the closer it comes to the season.

Haha yeah i forgot the bench, but its all subject to change later on anyway, pointless to include now

That's a tough one let's see I think they will get about the same so it might be good cause Heppell is cheaper than Mitchell but the only risk is Heppell ddidnt play all of 2016 will need to watch him in the JLT Cup but I'm sure he will do the same as Mitchell.

Peter

IMO if you don't have either of the two best mids, you absolutely must have the top four in backs and midd to make up for the lost points.

Money Shot

Williams to Montagna
Vlaustin to Hartlett

Beams to Swallow
Heppell to Pendles
(Understand why you don't like Danger but he is really worth it)

Apart from that it's all good :)

john23132

DEF - Rance, Laird, Adams, Scharenberg, Keefe, Ryan (Hibberd, Stewart)
MID - Pendlebury, J.Kennedy, Bont, Fyfe, T.Mitchell, Beams, Myers, Pepper (Pickett, Graham, Freeman)
RUCK - Goldy, Martin (Strnadica)
FOR - Dahl, Macrae, Caddy, Heeney, Ainsworth, Rioli (T.Smith, Eddy)

The only players subject for change throughout the pre season are Scharenberg, Heeney, Ainsworth, Rioli, Ryan & of course the bench.
Going set and forget with the ruck, had enough injury problems last year so staying away from Sandilands.
Also think Caddy is going to have a big year so im pretty set on him.
Cheers!

uncleswagy

Quote from: Money Shot on January 30, 2017, 06:36:41 PM
Williams to Montagna
Vlaustin to Hartlett

Beams to Swallow
Heppell to Pendles
(Understand why you don't like Danger but he is really worth it)

Apart from that it's all good :)

Id disagree with williams to monty as being something youd need to do, i rate williams as being a breakout and montagnas more likely going in the opposite direction, not sure that he is yet though..

Quote from: john23132 on February 04, 2017, 06:08:28 PM
DEF - Rance, Laird, Adams, Scharenberg, Keefe, Ryan (Hibberd, Stewart)
MID - Pendlebury, J.Kennedy, Bont, Fyfe, T.Mitchell, Beams, Myers, Pepper (Pickett, Graham, Freeman)
RUCK - Goldy, Martin (Strnadica)
FOR - Dahl, Macrae, Caddy, Heeney, Ainsworth, Rioli (T.Smith, Eddy)

The only players subject for change throughout the pre season are Scharenberg, Heeney, Ainsworth, Rioli, Ryan & of course the bench.
Going set and forget with the ruck, had enough injury problems last year so staying away from Sandilands.
Also think Caddy is going to have a big year so im pretty set on him.
Cheers!

in saying that though im really liking the setup your rolling with now, wouldnt really change anything

GoLions

Yeah, team looks pretty good man. Would sit on that and have a good look at rookies over the next few weeks leading into round 1 :)